2. CompanyLOGO About Unilever Unilever is a British–Dutch multinational consumer goods company. Its products includes foods, beverages, cleaning agents and personal care products. It is the world’s third largest consumer goods company (according to 2011 revenues). Unilever is a Dual listed company consisted of Unilever N.V. and Unilever PLC.
3. CompanyLOGO A brief Introduction on HUL HUL is India’s largest Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) Company. It is owned by the British-Dutch company Unilever which controls 52% majority stake in HUL. It has an annual turnover of around Rs. 21,736 crores (financial year 2011 - 2012). HUL has a heritage of over 75 years.
4. CompanyLOGO Establishment of HUL HUL primarily known as Lever Brothers India Limited in 1933 and came into being as Hindustan Lever Limited in 1956 through a merger of Lever Brothers, Hindustan Vanaspati Mfg. Co. Ltd. and United Traders Ltd. Lever Brothers started its actual operations in India in the summer of 1888, when crates full of Sunlight soap bars, embossed with the words "Made in England by Lever Brothers" were shipped to the Kolkata harbour and it began an era of marketing branded Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG). The company was renamed in June 2007 as “Hindustan Unilever Limited”.
5. CompanyLOGO Expansion Of HUL In 1933 they joint with Hindustan Vanaspati manufacturing company. In 1935 they joint with United traders limited. In1912 Brooke bond with its brand Red Label joined with lever brothers. Unilever acquired LIPTON in 1972 Ponds India ltd is working in India since 1947 and it is acquired by HUL in 1986 by an international acquisition. Tata oil Mills Company merged with HUL in 1993. In 1996 Tata made 50-50% joint venture for LAKME with HUL and in 1998 it was completely sold to HUL. HUL made 50-50% joint venture with Kimberley Clark corp. in1994 as Kimberley clark lever ltd which makes haggis diapers and kotex sanitary pads.
6. CompanyLOGO HUL Products in IndiaPersonal Wash Laundry FoodsLux Surf Excel KissanLifebuoy Sun Light AnnapurnaLiril Rin Knorr SoupHamam Wheel Modern BreadBreeze Ala Bleech Beauty ProductsMoti Hair Care Fair & LovelyDove Sunsilk LakmePears Clinic Pond’sRexona Dove vaseline
7. CompanyLOGO HUL Products In India Ice Cream Oral care Kwality walls Pepsodent Beverages:- Close Up Tea Deo Spray Brooke Bond Axe Rexona Lipton Water Purifier Taj Mahal Pure It Coffee Dishwasher Brook Bond Bru Vim
8. CompanyLOGO HUL Organisational Structure
9. CompanyLOGO Companies Merged with HUL Bon Ltd. Tea Estate India Ltd BON Ltd is a leading producer and supplier of Bulgarian TEIL was incorporated on 12 August striped sunflower seeds and 1922 with the main objective of natural winter bird food. acquiring lands for cultivation in “Bengal, Assam and elsewhere in Bon Ltd was in 50% stake of British India”. HUL but because it has not engaged in any sufficient Estates were established for the activity since 2003 so with cultivation of tea and coffee in Tamil effect from April 1, 2010, it Nadu, Kerala and Karnataka and merges to a wholly owned also in Assam. subsidiary of HUL.
10. CompanyLOGO Companies Merged with HUL Unilever India Exports Pond’s export Limited Limited Unilever India Exports Limited provides grocery home shopping services in Mumbai. The company offers a range of branded and unbranded products. The company home delivers Established in 1981. the products by taking orders Manufactures and exports through the Web site or Phone Leather Shoe Uppers and from the Customers. Shoes to UK, Germany, The company was formerly France, Singapore, Italy, known as Indexport, Ltd. Canada, & Middle East with a turnover of Rs.70 Crores.
11. CompanyLOGO Brief Description Of HUL Co. TOMCO: TATA Oil Mills Co. Ltd. merged with HUL, effective from April 1, 1993. In 1996, HUL and yet another Tata company, Lakme Limited, formed a 50:50 joint venture. Kwality Walls foods Pvt Ltd.:major producer and distributor of ice cream and other dessert products in India, Pakistan Sri Lanka, Malaysia and Singapore. Aviance Limited: Aviance ltd beauty solutions started in 2003 which makes beauty products for women.
12. CompanyLOGO Controversy In 2008 Hindustan Unilever made former Miss World Priyanka Chopra a brand ambassador for Ponds These advertisements, showing Priyankas face with a clearly darker complexion against the visibly fairer Neha Dhupia, were widely Pond’s White Beaty Ad criticized for perpetuating racism.