• No. 1 brand in dental care for seven out of
eight years since 1992, surveyed by
Taylor Nelson Sofres – A&M.
• Rs. 1100 crore plus “blue-chip”.
• 220,000 loyal shareholders.
• One out of every two consumer uses
Colgate-Palmolive India Ltd.
• 1806 : William Colgate opened a soap making
concern in NY by the name Colgate & Co.
• 1830 : Colgate and Co. started making soap
bars in uniform weight.
• 1908 : B.J. Johnson company came up with a
soap made of palm and olive oil. The product
became so popular that the company was
•1928 : Colgate, ‘Peet Brothers’ and Palmolive
merged into one company. Later ‘Peet Brothers’
was dropped leaving ‘colgate-palmolive’.
History: Colgate-Palmolive(India) Ltd.
• 1937 : CP India incorporated as a fully owned
subsidiary of CP Company, USA
• 1949 : Company started its manufacturing
operations at Prabhadevi, Mumbai. Later at Sewri,
U.P. in 1960s.
• 1994 : Company Acquired Cibaca Hygiene
• 1999 : Commissioned a plant in Nepal.
• 2004 : New manufacturing plant for Colgate dental
cream at Baddi (H.P.)
• Kids’ Products
• Whitening Products PERSONAL CARE
• Bar Soaps
• Body Wash
• Dishwashing Liquid
• Household Cleaners
• Institutional Products.
FROM THE DENTIST
• Gingivitis Treatment
• Sensitivity Treatment
• Fluoride Therapy
Dental + Others
Revenue Mix FY 04(%)
Managing Director - Graeme Dalziel
Exec. VP & CFO - Moses A. Elias
VP Legal & Company Affairs - K.V.Vaidhyanathan
Exec. VP & Manu. & SCM - Deepak Chhibba
VP Sales - Vinod Nambiar
VP Human Resource - Debashish Roy
Director, R & D Centre - Surendre Manek