• Pollution is the introduction of contaminants into the natural
environment that cause adverse change.
• Pollution is often classed as point source or nonpoint source
• Pollutants, the components of pollution, can be either foreign
substances/energies or naturally occurring contaminants.
Types of Pollution
• There are many types of pollution
such as air pollution, water
pollution, noise pollution, light
pollution, radioactive pollution
Water pollution Noise
• Air pollution is the
release of chemicals
and particulates into
• Common gaseous
by industry and motor
• The release of waste and
surface runoff flowing to
surface waters is called water
• Water pollution is caused by
of wastewater from commercial
waste (intentionally or through
spills) into surface waters.
• Noise pollution is displeasing
or excessive noise that may
disrupt the activity or balance
of human or animal life.
• The noise pollution worldwide
is mainly caused
by machines and
transportation systems, motor
vehicles, aircrafts, and trains .
Pollution• Thermal pollution is
change in natural
water bodies caused
by human influence.
• This condition
chiefly arises from
the waste heat
generated by an
such as certain
(water used as a
coolant and thrown
out by factories)
As there are so many types of
pollution harmful for human beings
we should stop pollution and live in a
healthy eco system.