For the tutor
2. Where are there words? List the places.
Can you think of any more places?
2. Look at each slide. Look for words you can read.
3. Why does Ruth want to learn to read?
Letters and Sounds
1. Look for words that begin with b. (bank, building, book)
2. Look for words that begin with w. (water, Willy)
3. Look for words that begin with s.
Listen to the different sounds s makes.
(street, school, shop, shirt, Shrek.)
4. Which words have a v sound? (videos, DVDs)
Note: Since most tutors are not trained to use the
THRASS approach, traditional terms are used.
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.