Electronic career portfolio slidePresentation Transcript
Electronic Career Portfolio Michelle Phan San Gabriel High School Gold Coast Section
Table of Contents
2. Future Job Outlook
Specific Job Skills
Letter of Recommendation
In the following presentation, you will find a resume, list of my accomplishments, awards/honors, activities, self assessments, etc. as a student focusing on becoming a hospital/healthcare administrator.
The information should provide support for my accomplishments as a student.
My immediate goal is to successfully graduate high school.
My long term goals include acceptance and completion of a business program at a 4 year accredited university with a major in business administration going on to obtain a masters degree in public health or policy. I hope that the education I seek will provide leeway into my career choice as a hospital administrator.
220 W Saxon Ave, San Gabriel, CA 91776
Phone:  236-0262
To obtain a position as a hospital or healthcare administrator.
San Gabriel High School, San Gabriel, CA
Class of 2011
Future Business Leaders of America [2009-2011]
Key Club [2007-2011]
National Honor Society [2008-2011]
SGV AOD Prevention and Policy Youth Council [2009-2011]
California Scholarship Federation [2007-2011]
College Board AP Scholar
Academic Merit Roll
Divisional Officer of the Month
Office Manager , Rosemead Youth Leadership Center
June 2009-August 2009
Co founded summer and after school programs
Created and maintained databases
Registered new students
Volunteer Coordinator, Rosemead Youth Leadership Center
September 2009-September 2010
Conducted volunteer orientations
Coordinated community events
Recruited and managed over 100 volunteers
Fluent in Vietnamese
Career choice : Hospital/healthcare administrator
Career description :
Hospital administrators act as liaisons between governing boards, medical staff, and department heads and integrate the activities of all departments so they function as a whole. Following policies set by a governing board of trustees, administrators plan, organize, direct, control and coordinate medical and health services. Administrators recruit, hire, and sometimes train doctors, nurses, interns, and assistant administrators. Administrators plan budgets and set rates for health services. They run the day to day routines of a hospital.
Education required :
1. A 4 year Bachelors degree in an accredited institution in either business, hospital administration, or public health/policy.
2. Optional: a Masters degree
- A master's degree in health services administration, long-term care administration, health sciences, public health, public administration, or business administration is the standard credential for most generalist positions in this field.
3. All States require nursing care facility administrators to have a bachelor's degree, pass a licensing examination, complete a State-approved training program. Some States also require licenses for administrators in assisted-living facilities.
Future job outlook :
1. Employment of medical and health services managers is expected to grow 16 percent from 2008 to 2018.
2. Employment opportunities for those in the health administration field is expected to grow about 20% faster than other occupations through the year 2014, according to the U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics. ( citation in Works Cited slide)
Projections data from the National Employment Matrix Occupational Title SOC Code Employment, 2008 Projected Employment, 2018 Change, 2008-18 Number Percent Medical and health services managers 11-9111 283,500 328,800 45,400 16
Los Renombrados “The Renowned” Finalist
FBLA Chapter Officer Recognition
College Board AP Scholar
San Gabriel High School Merit Roll
Participation in the 27 th Annual Black History Parade
San Gabriel High School Proficient Score on the CAHSEE
ROP Recognition of Perfect Attendance: CAD-ARCH Drafting
Key Club Certificate of Attendance
Key Club Active Member
FBLA Certificate of Appreciation
ROP Certificate of Achievement: Small Business Management
FBLA Go Green Individual Project
Asian Pacific Family Center Certificate of Completion: Youth Media Literacy
Asian Pacific Family Center Certificate of Appreciation: Participation in the 9 th Annual Got Skills Talent Show
San Gabriel High School Certificate of Achievement: Algebra 1
Vietnamese Elders Association Certificate for Outstanding Achievement
Rosemead Youth Leadership Center Volunteer of the Month
Divisional Key Club Officer of the Month
Principal’s Honor Roll
Violet Richardson Award
Over 2100 hours of volunteer/community service hours
1. Co treasurer
2. Service Chair
Future Business Leaders of America
1. ICC Representative
National Honor Society
California Scholarship Federation
San Gabriel Valley Alcohol and Other Drugs Prevention and Policy Youth Council
Junior Varsity Tennis Team
Interactive Community Medicine
Rosemead Youth Leadership Center
Immanuel First Lutheran Church Youth
Key Club District Convention [DCON]
Key Club Officer Training Conference
FBLA Sectional Competition 2010
FBLA Oats Day
FBLA Leadership Development Institute [LDI]
Asian Pacific Family Center workshops:
1. Youth Media Literacy
1. The most important thing to me of all is giving back. It makes the world more selfless.
2. I value integrity. I think it’s important to do the right thing not just for yourself, but for others.
3. Individuality and independence are important. It’s important for everyone to learn how to be self-sufficient.
4. I am also very keen about acceptance. Keeping an open mind is important towards creating a more accepting society.
5. Determination and persistence are highly valued as well. With ambition, people can head towards their goals.
6. The truth is very important. I think honesty makes every relationship not only run smoothly, but it also makes it real.
7. I am really big on justice. I think it’s important that people get what they deserve.
8. I find competence to be extremely important when it comes to not just the work place, but in life. It’s important to show that you can be trusted and relied on.
9. Trust is a key factor in any relationship. Trust has to be earned and kept, or else a relationship is broken.
10. Lastly, hope is another important value. In a time of crisis or tragedy, hope will bring light amidst darkness.
1. I love to perform. One of my biggest passions is dancing. I especially love ballet, contemporary and hip hop routines. I enjoy singing and one day wish to take it to another level.
2. I love the Post Secret series, I collect all the books, subscribe to the blogs and visit the community website often.
3. I have a very undeniable love for soccer. I have played since I was a child and it ignites a huge passion in me.
4. Fashion has always been a huge interest. I think it’s a great way to express yourself.
5. One of my all time favorite things to do is giving advice. When I am not doing anything, I go on Yahoo Answers and do my best to give the best advice I can think of to others.
6. I absolutely love to shop, more specifically, find bargains and deals that ordinary people miss.
7. I enjoy poetry. I think it’s a great emotional and creative outlet.
8. I absolutely love and enjoy figure skating. I think it’s so daring and graceful at the same time.
9. Also, I love architecture. The design of a house into a home intrigues me.
10. Out of everything, my biggest interest lies in helping others. Volunteering has always been a huge part of my life.
1. I am a person that always feels the need to do things for myself, to live life solely for me. I always strive to live a life of adventure with no regrets.
2. I have a very bold personality. I am not afraid to put myself out there or to be blunt and straightforward.
3. I try to be as original as I can. I love being unique and standing out amongst the crowd.
4. I always have a need to achieve. Success and ambition go hand in hand. I am a very hard working person that will stop next to nothing to get what I want.
5. I am an extremely realistic person. I view things the way they are and do not sugar coat or enshroud darkness upon things.
6. I have a huge sense of humor [others tells me]. I try to make things funny to lighten the atmosphere and mood.
7. I find myself to be a very motivational person. I always encourage others to go for their goals and am always telling myself to reach for the stars.
8. I am a very dedicated and passionate person. When I have a passion for something, I stick to it and dedicate lots of time towards it.
9. I am definitely a thinker. I like to think out things before I act upon them.
10. Lastly, I am a person that is not afraid to stand up for myself or for anyone else. I don’t think you should ever let fear get in the way of doing what is right.
1. I am great with Microsoft.
2. I am a gymnast and can twirl/toss flags.
- I am flexible.
3. I play the piano and the recorder.
4. I pick up languages very easily.
5. I can dance, sing, and even rap.
6. I participate in a variety of sports such as tennis, soccer, volleyball, and track
7. I can draft computer assisted floor plans.
8. I have a keen eye for bargains.
- I am extremely money savvy.
9. I am good with children.
10. Good with making sculptures.
11. I am good at improvising.
12. I am good at doing impersonations.
13. I can easily imitate dance routines.
14. I am a speed reader.
15. I am a good creative writer.
16. I am good at editing pictures.
17. I am a great skater [roller blades].
18. I can knit.
Specific Job Skills
Vast knowledge of Microsoft Office
Fluent in Vietnamese
Basic and conversational level in Mandarin, Korean, and French
Effective communication skills
Good leadership skills
Good managerial skills
Good customer service
Good public speaking
Ambitious and perseverant
Became an office manager at the age of 15
Became a volunteer coordinator at the age of 16
Coordinated the 9 th Annual Got Skills talent show
Planning Committee for the 10 th Annual Got Skills talent show
Coordinated the Health and Wellness Fair
Coordinated the 1 st Annual SGV Youth Summit
- Youtube video embedded in different blog post.
Planning Committee for 2 nd Annual SGV Youth Summit
Passed the first round of the MBC Star Audition: The Great Birth
Co-founded and managed:
1. Summer day camps
2. After school programs
3. Over 100 volunteers
4. A community closet
Coordinated numerous club service and community events
Provided job opportunities for low income teenagers
Provided volunteer opportunities for clubs in the Alhambra School District
Letter of Recommendation To Whom It May Concern: I am writing this recommendation letter for Miss. Michelle Phan who serves as the Volunteer Coordinator for the Rosemead Youth Leadership Center, a division of the M. Janet Chin Youth Foundation. I find her to be a dedicated, effective and compassionate young leader who possesses the courage that requires no prompting. She is an independent thinker, inclusive of all people, has the ability to get her foot in the door and create opportunities for herself and others. Michelle takes on tasks that average young people her age run away from. She is a strong student volunteer for our local Kiwanis Key Club and a member of the National Honors Society. Among her many projects in civic/social issues, Michelle volunteers for projects that have great impact for the community she lives in and has earned well over 800 volunteer hours in the past 6 months. She has engaged elected officials in conversations about youth and community issues, attends city council meetings, and is currently organizing volunteers for the annual San Gabriel Valley Youth Summit. Michelle is very active in the community. In the past two years, I have seen Michelle take on tasks with precision and efficiency. She naturally debriefs after events and reports actions taken and is well accomplished above her peers. Every service project that she has led has yielded her great reviews from the event organizers. If ever, there was a worthy student that should be selected for a scholarship, an award, or anything; Michelle would be an excellent choice to be on the top of the list. I speak with sincerity that you will not be disappointed in the successes of this young lady. Please feel free to contact me at your convenience and I welcome a verbal recommendation if needed. I can be reached direct at (323)228-3887. I wish you luck in your selection process. Thank you for your consideration of Michelle Phan for this award. Sincerely, Honorable M. Janet Chin MJCYF Founder and President 3592 Rosemead Blvd #449 Rosemead CA 91770 323.228.3887 email: email@example.com
Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2010-11 Edition, Medical and Health Services Managers, on the Internet at http://www.bls.gov/oco/ocos014.htm (visited January 29,2011)
Thank you for viewing my electronic career portfolio. I hope the information was relevant and clear pertaining to the objective at hand.