A server solution for midsize businesses
Windows® Essential Business Server (EBS) 2008 is an infrastructure solution designed and priced
specifically for the needs of midsize businesses with up to 300 computers.
It simplifies your environment by bringing together Microsoft® product technologies into a single
solution with a fully integrated installation and administration experience.
Windows Essential Business Server 2008 eliminates guesswork by offering a standardized
configuration that is preconfigured and installed according to best practices. You can have
confidence in a more secure and reliable environment that adheres to the recommended guidelines
for networking, security, collaboration, and remote access.
Windows Essential Business Server 2008 puts you in control with simplified setup, migration, and
licensing for Microsoft infrastructure server technologies, giving you back time and cost savings so
you can focus on your business.
Windows Essential Business Server 2008 divides its workloads across several
physical servers, and is available in two editions, Standard or Premium.
1. Designed and Priced for
that midsize businesses use
most frequently are combined
into one integrated server
solution. Get increased
productivity at a price well
below what you would pay
for stand-alone products.
2. Less Complexity,
Automate routine tasks,
and proactively manage
your IT environment; all from
a single point of access.
3. Integrated and
and reliability in a system
built on best practices and
streamlined processes make
this an ideal platform for
Management Server Messaging Server Security Server Database Server
• Windows Server® 2008
• Microsoft® System Center
• Windows® SharePoint®
Services 3.0 compatible 1
• Windows Server 2008
• Microsoft Exchange Server®
2007 Standard Edition
• Microsoft ForefrontTM Security
for Exchange Server 2
• Windows Server 2008
• Microsoft Exchange Server
2007 Standard Edition
• Forefront Threat Management
Gateway, Medium Business
Includes everything from
the Standard, plus:
• Windows Server 2008 Standard
• Microsoft SQL Server® 2008
Windows Essential Business Server 2008 Standard
Windows Essential Business Server 2008 Premium
While Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 is not shipped with EBS 2008, a step as part of the setup process is provided to download Windows
SharePoint Services 3.0 at no additional cost.
One-year Microsoft Forefront Security for Exchange Server subscription included in the product.
One-year Web Antimalware Subscription for Forefront Threat Management Gateway, Medium Business Edition included in product.
Windows Essential Business Server 2008 has simplified license management.
Two Client Access License (CAL) Suites are offered to ensure maximum flexibility for your
needs and are available in 1, 5, 20, and 50 (Volume Licensing only) pack quantities for either
User or Device:
• EBS 2008 CAL Suite: For each user or device accessing the EBS network.
• EBS 2008 CAL Suite for Premium: For only those users or devices accessing the premium
features of EBS 2008 Premium.
Designed and Priced for Midsize Businesses
• Enterprise-class server solution is designed specifically for
• Unique capabilities for midsize businesses such as the
unified Administration Console increase the manageability of
your IT systems.
• Cost-savings for midsize businesses make it more affordable
to own than stand-alone products.
• Flexible and scalable product can grow with your business
as your needs change.
• Remote Web Workplace improves productivity for your
Less Complexity, More Control
• Unified Administration Console allows you to proactively manage
your IT environment from a single location.
• Automation of routine functions gives you time back to work
on more strategic projects.
• Streamlined planning, deployment, and configuration reduce
installation steps with workloads optimized for security,
performance, and reliability.
• Best practice, role-based installation configures each server
and integrates each of the component products into one
simple DVD per role.
• Simplified purchasing and licensing with a single server
license and Client Access License for all included products.
• Control the update and patch process over desktop, server
and application patch levels.
Integrated & Predictable Platform
• Best practice setup and integration using deployment
wizards integrates setup and configuration.
• Installation time is reduced significantly from days to hours.
• Extensible platform easily “plugs in” other Microsoft and
• Integrated multilevel security gives you a consolidated view
of your security state across your systems and reducing
• Centralized security management reduces security issues
while automating security management tasks.
Windows Essential Business Server 2008 is designed to help your businesses achieve greater efficiency by
simplifying the administration and deployment of your company’s infrastructure, while also facilitating greater
integration, enhanced security features, and automation of specific tasks. Grow your business with Windows
Essential Business Server 2008.
“We expect to see a huge time savings in rolling
out service packs, upgrading software, and
other IT areas. These efficiencies should reduce
annual IT costs by 15 to 20 percent.”
Toronto Grace Health Centre
“Our administrative workload is one-tenth what
it was before.…This is the largest step forward,
in terms of our ability to focus on real business
needs, that we have ever seen.”
Collegiate Housing Services
“We’ve reduced our technology management
chores by 50 percent with the move to Windows
Essential Business Server 2008. We’ve also
reduced our server count, which represents a
huge savings in ongoing maintenance work.”
Part No. 098-110033
A Microsoft partner in your area is available to guide you
through the entire process with expert advice, support,
and service specific to your business.
Find a partner and learn more about what Windows
Essential Business Server 2008 can do for your business at: