Leonardo da Vinci Team 10
- Took the town’s name as his own when an adult
- Actual name is Leonardo di ser Piero
- Enjoyed painting since young
- Drew what he saw: insects, plants, flowers, etc.
- Renaissance (14 th -16 th cent.)
- Sent off to Florence to become an apprentice to Andrea del Verrocchio
- Together, they worked on the painting “Baptism of Christ”
- Da Vinci worked on the angel in the lower corner, which was most liked by the public for its realistic appearance.
“Baptism of Christ”
- 1482, he went to Milan, where he was called on to design buildings, churches and weapons
- Worked for Ludovico il Moro
- Invented various war-machines for the Duke of Milan
- Considered a Renaissance Man, not just for the time period in which he lived, but because of his many accomplishments: Architect, musician, sculptor, scientist, inventor, mathematician.
- He designed many machines, cities, etc. which helped him understand how things work
- Fearing people would read his findings, all of his notes were written backwards
He experimented with creating is own paints, but found problems
- Died in 1519 in France in the home given to him by King François I
- His works will always be remembered and admired
- People have actually sabotaged his works and stolen whole pieces of his paintings
- Taught interesting techniques with shading and realistic artwork
- Some of the first looks into the medical and military advances