1. What is Social Media?Social media includes web-based and mobile technologiesused to turn communication into interactive dialogue Andreas Kaplan and Michael Haenlein definesocial media as "a group of Internet-based applications thatbuild on the ideological and technological foundationsof Web 2.0, and that allow the creation and exchangeof user-generated content.” Social media is media for social interaction as asuper-set beyond social communication. Social media has substantially changed the wayorganizations, communities, and individuals communicate.
2. Different Types OfSocial Media
3. Social networking – Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ Social bookmarking – Digg, Delicious, Reddit, StumbleUpon Different Types Blogs – WordPress, TypePad, Of Posterous, TumblrSocial Media Wikis - Wikipedia
5. Advantages of Using Social MediaLow costUnlimited accessSimplicityGlobal reachContact buildingFlexibilityMeasurability
6. Disadvantages of Using Social MediaTime consumingRisk of negative commentsFraudNews travels quicklyTakes on persona of authorSlightly Impersonal
7. Top 10 Inventions of the DecadeFacebook (73%)Iphone (62%)Twitter (58%) The MP3 (51%)Satellite Navigation (46%)Ipod (43%)Youtube (39%)High Definition Television (30%)GHD Hair Straighteners (23%)3D Films (19%).
8. -Mark ZuckerbergFacebook has more than 845 million active users.
9. -Chad Hurley, Steve Chen & Jawed Karim 2 BILLION.The number of YouTube videos viewed per day. THAT’S TWICE AS MANY AS LAST YEAR.
10. - Jimmy Donal Wales & Larry Sanger Wikipedia generates approximately 648 million page views per day.
11. Social Media init’s wider sense..
12. 1 in 6. The number of marriages last year betweenpeople who met through social media.27 MILLION.The average number of “tweets” per day on Twitter.Social media is the best way to reach yourInfluential customers, and the only way to reach your most cynicalones.”Social media is the crack cocaineof the Internet. We want it, we need it,and we go into withdrawal when we dont get enough of it.”