Bin Wu Multimedia/Interacting Learning• At the beginning of class my learning preference was sage. My scores when I began my leaning style were Act-5, Sen- 7, Vis- 5 and Glo-3. This meant that I enjoy learning things by using my hands. I also I enjoy learning with facts, learn visually with pictures or videos and enjoy solving questions in my head. This class has been extremely interesting because I have learned a lot of things I would not have if I didn’t take this class. After taking this class though, I believe my learning preference of sage hasn’t changed or my techniques in learning preferences changed. However, knowing about my learning preferences has geared me toward actually understanding the meaning behind my use of these techniques which has been successful.
• As I said earlier, my learning pathway since the beginning of class is of the learning Sage. My primary goal was to obtain new knowledge into more technologies. I believe my primary goal for this class has been successful because I definitely have learned new technologies. In the concept of multimedia/interactive technologies associated with learning sage, I believe I have learned just enough to satisfy my previous unanswered questions. I believe I have not changed my learning pathway, because there are always more things to learn and more technologies that evolve constantly.
• The specific activities that have helped me to get a broader understanding of multimedia are screen casts, podcasts and multimedia quest. They gave me in-depth insight into how everything worked. It gave me insight on what was required and how easy it was to use. The activity that best catered to my learning of these techniques had to create questions on each quest. I also had to answer questions with links that also gave me more insight on how these multimedia engaged subjects worked. The best activity I believe was the multimedia quest because it highlighted things that the other two quests didn’t cover.
• The first multimedia technology quest that I explored was podcast. I have seen many people use podcast to record themselves for others to see. There are sites that cater to this very thing, such as YouTube. Even though I have not made any videos of myself and posted them on this site, I would really wish someday to accomplish this. I am an active and visual learner; therefore this activity blends both of my learning preferences together. It allows me to see the results of others work and also actively do it.
• The second multimedia technology quest that I explored was the multimedia quest. Again I am a visual and active learner, having multiple components to learn from only increases my chances of learning. Everything is starting to get done electronically, so by having more multimedia only increases the chances of contact with it. Being an active learner only increases my hands on contact with this new technology.
• The third multimedia technology quest that I humbly apologize for not exploring is screen cast. I failed to finish this quest because my due dates were mixed up and I wasn’t able to complete any of the tasks. I still went through it for this synthesis part of the quizzes but I failed to grasp the necessary information from it. Are screen cast similar to podcasts, but just bigger? This and many more questions were on my mind as I went through the synthesis test portion.
• The multimedia technology that interested me the most was podcasts. I plan on watching more YouTube videos to better grasp the idea of farming. I recently purchased a house and I plan on using the yard for fruit trees. I have already watched some videos that are similar to do it yourself type videos that have been very informative. This is also the technology that surprises me the most, because I have never seen so many videos that cater to what I want to see. Everyone is making videos, I don’t know if it is for future use, or do people just want to save their memories through video posted online. The multimedia technology that I would like to explore more is also podcast. Making videos and posting them online is such a fresh new way of securing memories for future use. I might just make a video of this semester and post it online, so I can watch it in the future.
• The multimedia technology that worked best for me in learning has to be the overall general multimedia. Having computers, laptops, tablets, mp3 machines have all been helpful in enduring college life. Not only has it increased my chances of graduation, I can only image how life was if none of this was present. Writing essays by hand or with typewriters are so off in the distant past. Kids without cell phones are nonexistent. I only hope that as technology improves I improve too. As an active learner, I only hope that I understand it all when I get older.
• The multimedia strategy that I plan on using after this class is podcast. I plan on using it not only for school but also for work. Podcast are unique because you can control what you record and say. I can watch podcast and also make podcasts. I would love to watch a podcast that helps develop my work skills for future use, because some skills are best learned hands on. Nothing would be better than watching someone else do it and all you have to do is follow in their footsteps.
• The multimedia technology that is plan on using for learning purposes is podcast after this class. It can also be used for job training and learning specific skills. If there are a shortage of trainers or lecturers, recorded podcasts of each subject can be easily made to cover more people and ground. The multimedia that I will use for non learning purposes is also podcasts. I can watch other things such as comedies, people acting a fool and other such videos. There are endless things to watch and see I only hope to be in the loop as they say when things occur. The multimedia that I plan to avoid is screen cast. I failed to learn what screen cast are, therefore I failed in understanding how I could use them to my advantage.