This presentation by wendysoucie.com was a social media overview for individuals considering starting a business or those already involved with a business interested in using social media to help
This presentation by wendysoucie.com was a social media overview for individuals considering starting a business or those already involved with a business interested in using social media to help their business.
• Home for all information and place to send people
• Silos of content/ information
• Search optimized , site map submitted
What? • Makes it easy to do business
• Decide business goals
• Ease of use for audience first
• Design second
How? • Submit site map to Google/Yahoo
• Html, Open Source – PHP, content management
• Flash - NO
Where? • Integrated - Cloudprofile.com, Hubspot.com
• Web logs (sites) where entries or posts are listed in chronological order.
• Blogs allow for readers to engage with comments.
• Free and hosted sites
What? • Easy WISIWIG editors for adding text, photo, video
• Fast and inexpensive (can serve as website and blog)
• Search engine friendly.
How? • USG
• Blogger.com (Google) (7) – networkmindshare.blogspot.com
• Wordpress.org (17) – wendysoucie.com, endresultmarketing.com
• Typepad – techpr.typepad.com
Where? • Posterous.com – madfiber.posterous.com
• Cloudprofile.com wisocialmedia.cloudprofile.com
• Web pages that list websites, images, video and other information
• Search based on user input - key words.
What? • The results are based on an algorithm – certain sites feed others.
• Search Optimize pages for key engines /target audience
• Local search campaign important
• Key data terms on every page
How? • Focus key content on different pages
• Google.com (1)
• Bing.com (9*)
• Yahoo.com (3)
Where? • MSN (live.com)