19. When can non-commercial be used?
From flickr user kagey_b, CC
• If you re unsure:
• Contact the copyright holder for permission
• Search for works under a more permissive license
• Works cannot be primarily intended for commercial gain
• Commercial test for Fair Use: Does it impinge on the copyright owner s
ability to proﬁt from the item?
• Creative Commons Non-Commercial Use Study and links debating the uses of
the NC license: http://wiki.creativecommons.org/Deﬁning_Noncommercial
Image from openclipart.org – no restrictions