How many of you are doing traditional marketing? How many phone calls do you make? How do you connect with people between calls and meetings?
Biggest demographic - Gen Y Fastest growing demographic - Women, 55 - 65 Carmon on Facebook
Why should you blog?
1. 9 Secrets of Social Media Marketing Erik Deckers
2. Secret #1 If you’re not using (social media) because you’re in the camp that thinks it’s stupid, you’re going to lose. It’s as simple as that. It doesn’t matter if you think it’s stupid. It’s free communication, and there’s a crapload of users. — Gary Vaynerchuk, Crush It
3. 800,000,000 <ul><li>number of people on Facebook </li></ul>(800 million)
4. <ul><li>If Facebook were a country, it would be the 3rd largest in the world </li></ul>
5. 77% <ul><li>active number of Internet users who read blogs </li></ul>
6. 300,000,000 <ul><li>number of people on Twitter </li></ul>(300 million)
7. 21,000,000 <ul><li>number of Twitter users in U.S. </li></ul>(21 million)
8. Secret #2: It's Really Just Talking Just Talking Just Talking
9. <ul><li>What's the ROI of talking to our customers? </li></ul><ul><li>What kind of leads do we get from talking ? </li></ul><ul><li>Can we get return business by talking ? </li></ul><ul><li>How does talking to our customers solve their problems? </li></ul>Substitute "Talking" for "Social Media"
10. Secret #3 Have a Centralized Store of Knowledge
12. To develop trust with existing clients and prospect for new business . to gather and refine my thoughts Self expression. It’s no different than scribbling on a cave wall. We’re sharing stories with the “tribe.” Build community, share ideas and best practices on personal growth/development Because I want to Get News Out About My Community peer pressure Create a knowledge base of things I encounter at work & share that knowledge w/ a community that gives me so much it gives my thoughts a place to go To write about mistakes I see our clients make. It's great "venting" and educating at the same time. I blog for search , to increase my audience for my business message. I write about small biz marketing, social media, lots of PR tips, biz planning, along with the occasional rambling, and samples of our work I enjoy sharing things I find with other people Blogging has made the bathroom stall bigger. Not only can we say ”For a good time, call Lori," we can now explain why .
14. Blog about. . . <ul><li>Your company </li></ul><ul><li>Your field </li></ul><ul><li>Profiles </li></ul><ul><li>Polls & surveys </li></ul><ul><li>FAQs </li></ul><ul><li>Your life </li></ul>
15. Secret #4 Social media is not about selling
17. Secret #5 It's about Trust & Relationships
19. Build Your Network
20. Find People
21. Secret #6 It's also about search...
25. Secret #7 Don't forget the content
28. 8. Social Media takes Time and Energy Time and Energy
29. 9. Focus on a few tools At NOW
30. Thank you! Read me ErikDeckers.com ProBlogService.com @edeckers [email_address] Reach me