2. What is a Pareto Chart A quality management tool To visualize the most common sources of defects, customer complaints, the highest occuring type of defects, etc ... etc ...
3. Why use Openoffice.org ? Most of the (expensive) project mgmt Softwares provide tools to create Pareto charts. However, you might not have access to those while you need to visualize your data; OpenOffice.org == free OpenOffice.org == cross platform OpenOffice.org == open standards OpenOffice.org == a wise choice
4. Here we go ! Make a table
5. Step two Select your data
6. Step three Click the graph button
7. Step four Select the ‘Column and Line’ type And click FINISH !
8. Step five Done ! Beautify to taste and blow your fellow PM’s away with your quick, free and easy Pareto chart.