Carpets – Care and Maintenance
Clean carpets are essential for keeping the indoor environments of your home and
office clean and hearty. After carpeting installation, the next important step that
you need to do is take proper care and maintenance of the carpets. Carpet cleaning
is the first step towards carpet care and maintenance to prevent the wear and tear of
carpets and increase the life of the carpets. Here are a few carpet cleaning steps
required immediately after the Carpeting Installation from Philadelphia, PA,
• Vacuum cleaning the carpets is the first important thing that you should be
doing. After carpeting installation, it is very necessary that you vacuum
clean your carpets 2 to 3 times every week, specifically concentrating on the
areas that are more prone to the heavy footing and regular walking.
• Install door mats at the entrances so that the amount of dirt which reaches
and percolates in the carpet is minimized.
• Make sure that you keep your kitchen area clean, completely free from
grease and oil. If you do not clean the kitchen area, grease and oil will
gradually find its place on the carpet area.
• When you make entry to the living room or bedroom, make sure that you
remove the shoes at the entrance. In this manner, you will keep the carpet
clean and organized for long time.
• In case there are any spots and spills in the carpet, you should immediately
vacuum clean it, or remove the stains in order to prevent the damage.
• If you are using stain removing product, make sure that you test the color
fastness of the stain removal product by applying the stain removal in the
• Make sure that you use vacuum cleaner with a HEPA filter, which will
prevent the dust from being circulated into the air and finally gaining entry
into our lungs.
• When you are removing the stain on the carpet, keep in your mind that you
do not scrub or rub the carpet area, or else the carpet area will get
permanently damaged. The best way to clean the stain is to blot the stain
from outside and then gradually moving in.
• Rearrange the furniture and readjust it to different location, as this would
change the traffic area and also prevent the piling of dust in a particular area.
When you rearrange the furniture over a carpet area, you’d automatically
change the traffic movement area.
• It is necessary that you get the carpets cleaned professionally at least once in
a year by utilizing the hot water extraction method. The method is used for
deep cleaning of the carpets.
Follow these methods and keep you home and office rugs and carpets clean and the
environment completely fresh and breathing.
For more details about Carpets visit: http://www.wolfbergcarpets.com