Introduction to Personal News Pages and Personal Streams
On your first visit to portal.eqentia.com you’ll see a sample of our Curated Content . Take a look around by clicking “Explore Content”!
<ul><li>For example, here are some of the Curated Content portals that already exist in our Business Channel . </li></ul>
To really experience the power of Eqentia, you’ll need to create a free account . It’s easy. Start by clicking on the Signup link at the top right of your screen.
And create your Eqentia account. If you have a Twitter ID, you can connect it to your Eqentia account. Connecting your Twitter ID is necessary if you'd like to sync your Twitter Favorites into your Personal Stream. Also, it facilitates 1-click sharing to Twitter.
You’ll receive an email from us with a link to complete your registration. Just click on the link and you’ll be automatically logged in.
At this point you’ll still instantly see content on your Personal News Page . Let’s install the Curated Content you want, by clicking on the “Personalize Now” button…
First, remove content that you don’t want by clicking the “X” beside them (don’t remove your Personal Stream ). Then add any Available Content that you want by clicking the “+” beside it.
Now click on your Personal News Page link (under the Eqentia logo), and you’ll instantly see all of your selected Content displayed. You can grab each section by the blue marker and move it around.
Now it’s time to get personal! <ul><li>Click to build your very own Personal Stream containing exactly the news you want. </li></ul>
There are several ways you can add content to your Personal Stream : <ul><li>Search the Eqentia news database </li></ul><ul><li>Import and Sync your Twitter Favorites </li></ul><ul><li>Import and Sync from Google Reader </li></ul><ul><li>Grab interesting articles using the MarkIt bookmarklet </li></ul><ul><li>Create instant filters using the InstAlert bookmarklet </li></ul><ul><li>Add from browsing your Personal News Page or any Eqentia Curated Content Portals </li></ul>
1. Search the Eqentia news database <ul><li>Enter text in the search box, and you’ll get several options, including the ability to explore Available Connections . </li></ul><ul><li>From the search results, add any article to your Personal Stream by clicking the pencil icon, on Republish, and on your Personal Stream . </li></ul>
2. Import your Twitter Favorites <ul><li>If you have connected your Twitter ID to Eqentia, you need to visit your Account page (My Account) and select “Sync Twitter”, then you will automatically see your Favorite Tweets in your Personal Stream . </li></ul><ul><li>If you did not log in using your Twitter ID, you can still connect to Twitter by clicking on “Manage Account” in the left margin, then on the “Connect with Twitter” button, then select “Sync Twitter” and click Update. </li></ul>
3. Import from Google Reader <ul><li>Your Personal Stream can automatically import any of your Google Reader content that you have “starred” and/or “shared on Facebook.” </li></ul><ul><li>To enable this, go to “Manage Account”, and click on the “Connect to Google Reader” button, and select the appropriate Sync action you’d like, and click Update. </li></ul>
4. Grab interesting articles using the MarkIt bookmarklet <ul><li>Go to the Bookmarklets page and drag the MarkIt button to your browser toolbar. </li></ul><ul><li>When you are viewing a web page that you’d like to add to your Personal Stream , simply click the MarkIt button. </li></ul>
5. Create instant filters using InstAlert <ul><li>Go to the Bookmarklets page and drag the InstAlert button to your browser toolbar. </li></ul><ul><li>While viewing web content, you can create Alerts which will add similar future content to your Personal Stream . </li></ul><ul><li>Highlight text from the webpage that you wish to include in your Alert. </li></ul><ul><li>Click on the InstAlert button. </li></ul><ul><li>If the results are satisfactory, click Add Alert. </li></ul><ul><li>To refine results, edit the words and test again. </li></ul>
6. Add from any Eqentia Portals <ul><li>As you browse your Personal News Pages , or any Eqentia content, select the Pencil shape Curation button, click on Republish, and select the Portal or Personal Stream that you’d like to copy this article to. </li></ul>
Finally, select the type of Personalized News Email digest you’d like to receive daily. Go to My Account and select Full, or by Social Attention.