What is Spotify and what does it have to offer?
Spotify is a European music
streaming service which provides
music streaming and purchasing of
Spotify was established in October
2008 by a Swedish company. They
have major deals with Sony BMG
music, Universal Music,EMI and
•Share music online
•Listen to music online
•No need for downloads
•Listen to music on your phones or
•Create play lists
•Offers 10 million music tracks
•All types of music genre
•Mobile Music - Introduce Spotify to your mobile phone and you’ll have music on tap
wherever you go. Play any track live over the internet, or save your playlists and listen
•Toplists -Create your own top lists.
•Offline Mode -If you find yourself without an Internet connection, Spotify Offline keeps the
•Buying Music- If you’d like to buy individual tracks or albums you hear on Spotify, you can
quickly download them as MP3s.
•Use anywhere- Spotify goes where you go. All you need is your login and you can listen to
Spotify from any computer or mobile phone. Perfect for visiting friends.
•Spotify Library - A library to keep all your music
•Biographies - Top artists on Spotify feature biographies from the excellent All Music
•Artist Radio’s - This is a dedicated radio stream to find and play tracks similar to songs by
any of our top artists
•Related Artists- Another great way to expand your musical universe. All our top artists
have a Related artists feature to suggest new artists for you to explore
•Connect with Facebook - Import your Facebook friends straight into Spotify, and you’ll be
able to see what they’re listening to with your own live stream. Share music with a single
•Around the House -Enjoy Spotify throughout your entire house, whether relaxing on the
couch or cooking in the kitchen your music is with you.
Music types and Audiences
-Kings of Leon
-The Fame Monster
Spotify appeals to a wide range of audiences,
they cater for both the young and the old. The
genres of music that they have appeals to a
world wide audience
Advantages of using the
* Play music from anywhere if you have a computer
and it doesn’t need the internet
* You can store up to 10,000 tracks on a single playlist
* Has a ratings system on the tracks of popular artists
* Share music with friends on Twitter, Facebook and
* Try before you buy
• Easy access
• Three types of system software Premium, Unlimited and
• Deals with large record companies such as Sony BMG
music, Warner music, EMI, and Universal
• Quick and easy to login and get the programme running
• Music uninterrupted
Disadvantages of Spotify
• With the Spotify free the user does not get the
advantages of the other packages and is limited for
• Must have an internet connection.
• They are not able to get better quality music.
• Restrict music in certain countries as licensing varies
from country to country for example something that is
legal to be played in the UK may be illegal in Sweden.
• Users must put up with the odd advert
• Not every Song is on Spotify
• Not every Song is available
• You cannot put music onto an Ipod
• The main disadvantage of Spotify is the interface. It
looks plain, is a bit awkward to use
• Internet Advertisements
• Phone companies such as Palm able to use the service
direct from their phones
• Telia partnered with Spotify, the leading music-streaming
service to create an exclusive Spotify music service on
Telia's TV set-top box (STB) launched in June 2010.
Telia launched this service in face of the following
• 3 Phone campaign to promote Spotify partnership
• Sony and various members of the big 4 help with their
sponsorship ads and marketing
More on Marketing
• Facebook, Twitter and other major social networking
Gostou de algum slide específico?
Recortar slides é uma maneira fácil de colecionar informações para acessar mais tarde.