What the site is and what it offers
• Last fm is a popular music radio site where you
can listen to music for free with internet radio
and you can keep a record of what you listen to
• It offers members can also create a station by
entering an artist's name and letting Last. FM
creates a play list based on the artist. This play
list is created based on what other members
who like the artist also enjoy listening to.
When was it established?
• founded in the United Kingdom in 2002 by Felix
Miller, Martin Stiksel, Michael Breidenbruecker
and Thomas Willomitzer , all of them from
Germany, as an internet radio station and music
community site, using similar music profiles to
generate dynamic playlists.
• Owned by CBS interactive
• Create your own custom profile
• Make your own radio station based on
what music you like to listen to
• Add Friends and listen to their radio
• Find new music through your friends and
Type of music and artist
• Pop rock
• Katy Perry
• The Beatles
• Lady Gaga
• The killers
• Kanye West
• Florence & the machine
• Michael Jackson
• Last.FM is great for anyone who enjoys listening
to music and who wants to discover new music.
It is especially a boon to people who have grown
tired of regular radio.
• Once enough songs have been 'scrobbed',
Last.FM creates a list of musical neighbors who
have similar tastes. You can then use these
neighbors to find new music. You can also add
your buddies to your friends list and listen to
their custom radio stations.
• Doesn’t always have the track you want to listen to
• You have to create a profile when you want to buy music
and customers might not want to put their personal
• It costs money