3. The Attachmate Group Company Facts Global Organization: 3,600 employees in 30+ countries Strong Financial Position: – Revenue $1.1 billion – Solid balance sheet with $300 million+ of cash Leadership: Jeff Hawn, Chairman and CEO Charles Sansbury, CFO and COO Bob Flynn, President and General Manager, Attachmate and Novell Jay Gardner, President and General Manager, NetIQ Nils Brauckmann, President and General Manager, SUSE3 © 2012 Attachmate Corporation. All rights reserved.
4. Attachmate Group Terminal Emulation Identity Management Legacy Modernization Security and Managed File Transfer Compliance Enterprise Fraud Service Management Management Collaboration Enterprise Linux Endpoint Management Servers File and Networking Enterprise Linux Services Desktops Virtualization Cloud Computing4 © 2012 Attachmate Corporation. All rights reserved.
5. Our Commitments Quality Products Exceptional Service Easy to Do Business With5 © 2012 Attachmate Corporation. All rights reserved.
6. Novell Tour Keynote
7. The agile economy7 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
8. Expectations, Expectations… … and get my iPad going!8 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
9. The new IT department?9 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
10. The new IT department?10 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
11. The agile information worker11 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
12. The agile organization12 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
13. A user-centric IT service model13 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
14. Novell Flexibility Control and Transparency Security14 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
15. Mobile and social collaboration „Novell GroupWise Collaboration and Novell Vibe Solutions bring people, projects and processes together to enhance end-user productivity“ Control and Transparency Security15 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
16. Files matter and printing happens! „Novell Open Collaboration Enterprise Server Solutions Novell File Management Suite and and Novell Filr make file services- and sharing effective, modern, Control File- and and mobile and social“ Networking Security Services16 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
17. Management by identity and policy „Novell ZENworks Collaboration provides location- Solutions aware, user-centric, policy-based management and dynamic, proactive intelligence” File- and Networking Endpoint Services Management17 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
18. Novell: Powering the agile business „Novell enables the agile enterprise by relentlessly making latest innovations enterprise ready“18 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
19. Strong partnerships – strong solutions „Our Tour-, Channel- and Technology Partners do provide the experience of countless customer projects for your individual solution.“19 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
20. Novell – powering your agile business20 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
21. Novell Solutions Overview
22. 67% Rank improving end-user workforce productivity as their top projected accomplishment22 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
23. Managing What’s ImportantWe deliver software that makes work environments moreproductive, secure, and manageable. COLLABORATION ENDPOINT FILE AND MANAGEMENT NETWORKING SERVICES 23 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
24. Why is it Important? COLLABORATION ENDPOINT FILE AND MANAGEMENT NETWORKING SERVICES 80% of user- 70% of user- 100% of users generated data generated data are served by flows through the leaves your network services. email system. building on endpoint devices. 70% upload files onto the network from endpoints. 24 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
25. Novell PortfolioCollaborationNovell GroupWise ® ®Novell Vibe® ®Novell Messenger ®Novell Data Synchronizer ® 25 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
26. Novell PortfolioEndpoint ManagementNovell® ZENworks® ConfigurationManagementNovell® ZENworks® ApplicationVirtualizationNovell® ZENworks® AssetManagementNovell® ZENworks® PatchManagementNovell® ZENworks® EndpointSecurity ManagementNovell® ZENworks® Full Disk EncryptionNovell® Service Desk 26 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
27. Novell PortfolioEndpoint ManagementNovell Endpoint LifecycleManagement SuiteNovell EndpointProtection SuiteTotal EndpointManagement Suite 27 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
28. Novell PortfolioFile and Networking ServicesNovell® Open Enterprise ServerNovell Cluster ServicesNovell® BusinessContinuity ClusteringNovell® File ReporterNovell® Storage ManagerNovell® File Management Suite 28 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
31. About GWAVA #1 Novell Partner  10 Years & 15 Mio Users v  Offices in US, CAN, GER, UK  125 Employees World Wide  First Class Support  Trained and Certified Partner NetworkGWAVA EMEA GmbH | 2012 | Subject to Changes
32. About GWAVA Business Solutions for Your Needs  Messaging v Security  Unified Archiving  Business ContinuityGWAVA EMEA GmbH | 2012 | Subject to Changes
33. GWAVA - Messaging Security Secure Communication. Stops Spam, Viruses & Malware.  Multi-Layer Spam Protection v  Real-Time Virus Protection by Kaspersky Lab Integration  End-User Spam Control  OnPrem and Cloud  Only Solution for Novell VibeGWAVA EMEA GmbH | 2012 | Subject to Changes
34. Retain - Unified Archiving Archives Email & much more. Save Resources and Increase Productivity.  Fast & Easy Email Retrieval v  Optimizes Storage  Meets Compliance Laws  Powerful eDiscovery  Off-Site, OnPremise & CloudGWAVA EMEA GmbH | 2012 | Subject to Changes
35. Reload - Business Continuity Disaster Recovery. Fast & Push-Button Recovery  Easy Disaster Recovery v  End-User Message Restore  Hot Backup Solution  Built exclusively for GroupWise  NEW: Blueprint for ReloadGWAVA EMEA GmbH | 2012 | Subject to Changes
36. The Solution A Complete Stack v  Tightly Integrated  Complete Solution  Future ReadyGWAVA EMEA GmbH | 2012 | Subject to Changes
37. What‘s Next? Roadmap & Strategy  GWAVA 6 – Out Now! v  GWAVA for Social Messaging  Retain for Social Messaging  Retain for Vibe  …  GWAVA Cloud Services!GWAVA EMEA GmbH | 2012 | Subject to Changes
43. Value Pack for Novell GroupWise 2012 Between February 15, 2012 and June 30th, 2012 you can optimize your budget and get more value from Novell GroupWise. If you own Novell GroupWise with 1-Year Maintenance You can get: • GWAVA Vertigo • SKyPRO GWTalk Basic • For free !! It’s time to order the “Value Pack for Novell GroupWise 2012”!3
45. E-Mail vs. Social Media2
46. Communication Today Telephone, VoIP: Instant Messaging: approx 3 billion 47 billion IM phone calls per day per day Social Media: Text Messages (SMS): over 30 billion approx 5 billion posts are shared text messages per day per day Skype VoIP and IM: Conferencing: 65 million daily users Conferences on all possible platforms2
47. GWTalk & Novell GroupWise: A central and integrated communications hub Telephone, IM VoIP Text Messages Social (SMS) Media Skype VoIP Conferencing and IM2
48. GWTalk & Novell GroupWise: Simple Setup and Check3
49. GWTalk & Novell GroupWise: Integrated Communication – Presence Information3
50. GWTalk & Novell GroupWise: Integration creates Compliance2
51. GWTalk & Novell GroupWise: Integration creates Compliance3
52. GWTalk & Novell GroupWise: Searching for Information made simple3
53. GWTalk & Novell GroupWise: Searching for Information Made Simple3
54. NEW WAYS OF communication have come.We have the tools to help you use them efficiently, integrated and compliant
55. Value Pack for Novell GroupWise 20122
57. SEP sesam Data protection in Novell environmentsHubert Schweinesbein - firstname.lastname@example.orgDirector Partner Sales, EMEA
58. Agenda  SEP – quick company introduction  SEP sesam – one backup & recovery for the whole company  SEP and Novell  Backup in a Novell Infrastructure  SEP special Novell Tour offer  Look & Feel SEP sesam – quick live demo
59. The Company German vendor of Backup and Disaster Recovery Software. Headquarter in Weyarn, near Munich. German development – german support! Subsidaries in Germany and USA World Wide Sales via Partners 3000 Customers in > 40 countries Hoppenstedt Top Financial Rating – only 3,3% of all German companies got a a No. 1 rating.
60. The History Define Linux established, Strategy Systemintegration Spin off logistic SW - International HW development SEP Logistik AG expansion 2008 Development of Establish Development SEP AG logistics SW sesam2000 Backup for NT/Unix/Linux Develop Backup and data protection Software – VMS (92) SEP sesam 2000 Software only Dataprotection and logistics patented processes Logisticsoftware Relag 1980 1990 2000 2008
61. SEP sesam Backup for all
62. SEP and Novell / SUSE  Certified beginning with SuSE Linux 7.0 (2000)  SEP sesam from SuSE Linux 7.0 on each SuSE Professional Box  Since November 2005 certified for Novell OES and SLES  Complete OES11 and Novell Netware Cluster Support  First available Appliance based on the SUSE Appliance Tool Kit  GroupWise Online Backup, eDirectory Backup, iFolder Backup,....  LANfree Backup of Novell OES and SLES over SCSI/SAN/WAN  NSS single file backup and recovery  Successful implementations = Satisfied customers
63. SEP - Novelltypical customer  Typical Novell customer – mixed environment MS Windows, Netware, Linux, Open Enterprise Server, several Virtualisation technologies  Customer issues  Two or more Backup Solutions in place  Generally used Backup Software  Missing Novell Strategy  OES Support missing  Limited to dedicated Operating systems (Windows only?)  High price – low value  Lack of support for virtualisation technologies - often VMware only  Novell customers choose SEP  Clear long-term Novell strategy  Suitable for all Novell technologies – Novell certified  Netware, Groupwise, Open Enterprise Server  Novell Cluster support One Backup Solution for the whole IT – covers Linux, Novell Netware, Open Enterprise Server, M$, Unix, VMware, Citrix Xen, HyperV,....
64. SEP sesamNovell Extension – TSA  Take a look in the SEP wiki  Backup principles using SEP sesam in a Novell OES environment http://wiki.sepsoftware.com/wiki/index.php/Backup_principles_using_SEP_sesam_in_a_Novell_OES_environmen
65. Novell Backup
66. SEP & Vibe  Vibe  Database – mySQL, Oracle, MS SQL  Files  No API available  ==> Backup – complete Database and File backup
67. References & Partners“Its been a long time ago that youhave been here on the yard, but I can “We went for SEP sesam. The softwaretell you that everything you told about demonstrated a comprehensive featureSEP is true. set and an intuitive user interface – all at a compelling price,We are still impressed about the And we never regretted the decision.“performance of SEP, we love to workwith it.“ Bert van den Bovenkamp Administrator for Netware and Open Peter de Graaf Enterprise Server Netherlands Institute Information & Communication for Space Research Technology Royal Huisman Shipyard BV
68. Special OfferOnly for participants of the Novell Tour 2012 Have a valid OES / Netware Maintenace Save 25% on all SEP licenses Get your voucher code at the SEP demo booth Valid till 30th of September 2012
69. • Textmasterformate durch KlickenThank You! bearbeiten Zweite Ebene Dritte Ebene Vierte Ebene Fünfte EbeneHubert Schweinesbeinhs@sep.de
70. Novell Collaboration
71. Collaboration Product FamilyThe ProductsNovell GroupWise ® ®Novell Vibe® ®Novell Messenger ®Novell Data Synchronizer ® 72 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
72. Get reacquainted with GroupWise E-Mail Calendar Home View Contacts Web 2.0 Tasks Novell Vibe Presence and Instant Integrations Messaging73 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
73. Novell GroupWiseDelivers a collaborative work environment that helpsknowledge workers tackle today’s increasingly complex“information overload.” For customers who need to:Provide timely Integrate with Provide the ability Empower users to Meet the need forcommunication mission-critical to work across manage their both an emergingregardless of systems to provide organizational and productivity using workforceplatform or device real-time departmental the interface of demanding new information access boundaries their choice “social like” tools as well as the familiar toolset that experienced users know 74 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
74. Novell GroupWiseProblems and Solutions – For Users Pain Solution BenefitUsers need answers Presence awareness! Shows users who’snow. available to talk in real time.When users are Connects with mobile Users stay inmobile, they’re out of devices and browsers. touch…no mattertouch. where they are.Users can’t find what Personal Users can customizethey need. collaboration the space to work for dashboard. them. 75 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
75. Novell GroupWiseProblems and Solutions – For IT Pain Solution BenefitSo many users, so Support thousands of Do more withlittle time. users with a single less…painlessly. admin.It’s a virus magnet. No hooks—no easy No need to waste time entry into the system. chasing outbreaks.Exchange costs way No CAL stack, no new Pay less, get more.too much money. infrastructure to buy. 76 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
76. Collaboration Product FamilyThe ProductsNovell GroupWise ® ®Novell Vibe® ®Novell Messenger ®Novell Data Synchronizer ® 77 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
77. Novell VibeProvides a centralized online workspace where the membersof a team can come together to drive projects to completion.Flexible interaction, automated workflows, and one-clickteam creation enables teams to work together effectivelyanytime, anywhere. For customers who need to:Provide highly Augment an Follow processes Fully leverage Includeinteractive team existing solution during the valuable external usersspaces where (like SharePoint) development intellectual property and resources inpeople can work where team of deliverables or and the team—freetogether easily interaction is not other team projects project visibility as flexible 78 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
78. Novell VibeProblems and Solutions Pain Solution BenefitTeams can’t get to A tool that requires no Just click to creatework without IT programming (or IT teams—no need tointervention. help). wait.Team members can’t Leverages social Highly interactive,work together easily. networking within the flexible workspace team space. where users can work together easily.Increased license Free guest access. Add anyone to thecosts to add outsiders team—without havingto their teams. to buy them a license. 79 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
79. Why to use Novell Vibe? Create and control your own teams. Interact like a real team. Install it and get right to work. Invite anyone…free. 80 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
80. Collaboration Product FamilyYou also get Novell Instant Messenger—freeNovell GroupWise ® ®Novell Vibe® ®Novell Messenger ®Novell Data Synchronizer ® 81 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
81. Collaboration Product FamilyThe ProductsNovell Data Synchronizer ® 82 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
82. Novell Data SynchronizerSynchronizes collaborative data between collaborationtools, 3rd-party apps and mobile devices. For customerswho need to:Automate the real-time Work from the most Save time without Update informationsynchronization of consistently updated having to switch once and thencollaborative data, whether in the between applications leverage at any time,data between apps office, at home or on or manually update from anywhere, usingand devices the road their collaborative data any supported device between applications 83 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
83. GroupWise and related products:moving forward 2011 2012 2012/2013 GroupWise 8.02 GroupWise 2012: Cardiff: Windermere: GroupWise HP3 • Information Sharing • GroupWise • Active Directory Integration • Calendaring 2012 Quality • Web Administration Update GroupWise 2012 • Vibe Integrations • Social Business* (Ascot) Beta • Web access – Dynamic Contacts* • iPad web templates – Social Threading* • Telephony support – – Integrated IM* Skype • Vibe Integrations* • Quality and • Android and Playbook Client* performance • QualityData Synchronizer Delaware: Eenou and Fox: Galice: • HTML • Tasks • Partner Support • Scale to 500 • Remote Search • Connector Pairs devices per • HTML Compose • High Availability server • S/MIME • Quality • Quality • Improved Monitoring* • Scalability • Quality • IOS5 * Features under consideration 84 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
84. GroupWise and related products:moving forward 2011 2012 2012/2013 Crestone: (late 2010) Dillon: Eaglewood: Messenger • Integrated presence with • iPhone app • Active Directory Integration Vibe • Android app • Web administration • Quality and • Multiple Connections • Web client (for integration with GW performance WebAccess and Vibe) • Quality and performance • Now included with Vibe • Centrally stored histories* • Quality and performance • Timed with Windermere Firestone: Granite: Granite & Hudson: Novell Vibe • Version management • File sync/offline file • Peer-to-peer messaging • Improved branding • Simple mobile apps access and IM and customization • Chrome support • Microsoft Office add-in • New message/ entry • Complete UI view refresh • UI and landing pages • Quality and performance • Simple groups or “Quick • RedHat (RHEL) • Quality and Teams” support performance • File system integration • Quality and • Team management performance * Features under consideration 85 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
85. Endpoint Management
86. The Complete Endpoint Lifecycle 87 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
87. Novell Complete Endpoint Solution 88 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
88. Suite deal Total Novell Endpoint Management Suite Novell Endpoint Novell Endpoint Protection Suite Novell Service Desk Lifecycle Management Suite Novell Novell ZENworks ZENworks Endpoint Full Disk Security Encryption Management Novell Novell ZENworks ZENworks Configuration Asset Management Management Novell Novell ZENworks ZENworks Application Patch Management Virtualization Available by subscription 89 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
89. Suite deal Total Novell Endpoint Management Suite Novell Novell Endpoint Service Lifecycle Desk Management Suite Novell Endpoint Protection Suite Novell Novell ZENworks ZENworks Configuration Asset Management Management Novell Novell Novell ZENworks Novell ZENworks ZENworks Application ZENworks Virtualization Endpoint Patch Full Disk Security Management Encryption Management Available by subscription 90 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
90. Endpoint ManagementThe ProductsNovell ZENworks® Configuration ManagementNovell ZENworks® Application VirtualizationNovell ZENworks® Asset ManagementNovell ZENworks® Patch ManagementNovell ZENworks® Endpoint Security ManagementNovell ZENworks® Full Disk EncryptionNovell Endpoint Lifecycle Management SuiteNovell Endpoint Protection SuiteNovell Total Endpoint Management SuiteNovell Service Desk 91 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
91. Novell ZENworks Configuration ManagementConfigure, change and manage every device attached to thenetwork through a unified, web-based console that combinesunique user-centric and location-aware policy-basedmanagement to automate the time-consuming, budget-burning IT tasks that bog down so many IT organizations.For customers who need to:Manage a constant Cut the cost of Enforce corporate Reduce the time andproliferation of traveling to device and / or regulatory expense involved withdevices, often with a locations to manage policies and systems andstatic IT budget and / configurations standards configuration deviceor staff consistently management 92 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
92. Novell ZENworks Configuration ManagementProblems and Solutions Pain Solution BenefitCookie-cutter tools In a user-centric Manage once, deliverdon’t cut it. world, manage by the same user profile user. on many devices.Users can only be as Control settings Users get the sameproductive as their through the user experience no matterdevices allow them to account, with defined which supportedbe. policies to react to device they log in to. change conditions.Too many tools, so A unified console. Learn once, apply tolittle time. many…remotely. 93 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
93. Novell ZENworks Application VirtualizationPackages applications into virtual executables that runisolated from the desktop operating system—eliminatingconflicts, collisions and application failures. Eachexecutable is small and extremely mobile, and can bedeployed like any MSI or via e-mail or on USB drives oreven as an “apps store.” For customers who need to:Reduce the time and Eliminate application Eliminate the need to A fast, simple way tolabor involved with failures caused when install applications support a largeplanning, testing, new software is separately on Windows desktoppackaging and introduced into the individual PCs estatedeploying infrastructureapplications 94 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
94. Novell ZENworks Application VirtualizationProblems and Solutions Pain Solution BenefitIT is already It’s ridiculously easy to Need it? Stream it! Putswamped. Now users create and send it on a thumb drive.want them to do even virtual apps. Email it.more.Installation conflicts Temporary installation No conflicts orbring down apps. leaves no residue compatibility behind. problems—apps just run.It takes time to deploy Can deploy apps like Most of the time, itMSI apps. an MSI but can also takes only minutes to deploy small, highly “wrap an app” and mobile apps. send it off to users. 95 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
95. Novell ZENworks Asset ManagementGives both IT and business decision-makers the detailedinformation they need to know exactly what hardware andsoftware assets they own, including versions, licensingoptions, leasing cycles, what needs to be paid for and when,and what’s actually being used enough to justify continuingto pay for it. For customers who need to:Avoid over- or under- Prove what they Manage all Make software andpaying for licensing have, what they use, contractual hardware licensing, and what they do agreements for renewal or (and don’t) need to hardware, software purchasing decisions pay for maintenance and based on facts, not support, leases and fear more 96 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
96. Novell ZENworks Patch ManagementZENworks Patch management continually scans the networkfor patch compliance 24/7. When it finds anything thatdoesn’t meet set patch standards, it patches immediatelyand without human intervention. With its unique policy-basedapproach, IT simply sets up the policies, defines the actions,and ZENworks does the rest. For customers who need to:Continually scan for Automatically Verify the status of all Instantly patchpatch status remediate anything patch activity in real anything added to the that doesn’t meet time network, bringing each minimum patch new install into policies compliance 97 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
97. Novell ZENworks Endpoint Security ManagementStrikes the perfect balance between protection andproductivity by enforcing security policies for endpointdevices. It knows who users are, what they should (andshouldn’t) be doing, and it knows where they are—dynamically adjusting to meet different threat levelsdepending on location. For customers who need to:Secure the data on Protect against Ensure that the data Ensure that security Balance betweenendpoint devices attacks being on an endpoint polices are followed productivity andagainst theft or uploaded from device cannot be in varied protectionmalicious corruption endpoints and read if the device environments peripherals onto the itself is stolen network 98 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
98. Novell ZENworks Endpoint Security ManagementProblems and Solutions Pain Solution BenefitIT can’t trust users to Let the policy do it for Data stays safe, nopractice safe them. matter what users do.computing.Users work Policies adjust Data stays safe noeverywhere—whether dynamically to meet matter where usersit’s safe or not. changing threat levels. take it.IT can’t just hope Enforce security rules Data stays safe—andusers will follow policy. at all times. IT can prove why to auditors. 99 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
99. Novell ZENworks Full Disk EncryptionPushes full-disk encryption to anchored and mobile harddrives, ensuring the data on those devices protectedagainst unauthorized access in the case of lost or stolendevices. Once encrypted, access is easy to manage—locking out data thieves without locking out your IT staff.For customers who need to:Encrypt all the data Manage and Minimize the need for Report on thecarried and generated troubleshoot endpoint travel and manual encryption status ofon endpoint devices devices after they are device management the device encrypted, regardless of location 100 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
100. Novell ZENworks Full Disk EncryptionProblems and Solutions Pain Solution BenefitIT has a lot of devices Push-button Push encryptionto encrypt. deployment forces remotely and encryption on the confidently. entire hard drive.When users get Reset passwords for Get users back tolocked out, so is IT. authorized users. work in minutes.Users lose a device, Prove devices are Take the pain out ofcustomers could lose already encrypted. device losses.everything. 101 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
101. Novell Service DeskAn out-of-the-box solution for managing the entire lifecycle ofservice management. Based on ITIL best processes, itautomates highly integrated service management processes,with a centralized web 2.0-based interface to boost both userand IT productivity. For customers who need to:Roll out a best- Eliminate the cost, Give users every the Plug in an ITIL-readypractices Help Desk complexity and long- help the need when Help Desk and have itaccording to ITIL term rollout of they need it, so they up and running instandards framework don’t cause bigger hours deployments problems trying to solve it themselves 102 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
102. Novell Service DeskProblems and Solutions Pain Solution BenefitBy the time they call, Connect techs with Get users back tothey could be in users in a lot of ways. work faster.trouble.Everything the Help Manage through the Stress less, do more.Desk does is lifecycle of service.firefighting.It takes too long to Out-of-the-box Do more, do it better,implement a “best solution deploys in do it now.practices” service days.desk. 103 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
103. Novell Endpoint Lifecycle Management Suite104 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
104. Novell Endpoint Protection Suite105 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
105. Total Endpoint Management Suite106 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
106. File and Networking Services
107. File and Networking ServicesThe ProductsNovell® Open Enterprise ServerNovell Cluster ServicesNovell® BusinessContinuity ClusteringNovell® File ReporterNovell® Storage ManagerNovell® File Management Suite 108 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
108. Novell Open Enterprise ServerIf You Use NetWare Keep your NetWare. Do more than ever on a 64-bit platform. Just say no…to expensive migrations. 109 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
109. OES11 Release Facts Quality Rigor ( Vs. • What Customers are saying OES2SP3) about OES11: • Simplified Installation & more robust • 22% more customer scenarios tested Migration tools • 14% more functionality tests • Great integration of SLES11 Linux and traditional Novell file services • 70% more system tests • Improved Storage Management • Reliability & Stability runs for 30 days Capabilities ( NLVM & NSS ) • Excited about “feature updates” to be delivered through the patch channel Lighthouse Accounts • “The "speed" of the file I/O and • Deployed onsite at customers in the US file-systems, seems much & EMEA improved over earlier versions” • Large Chemical company ready to roll- out to 400+ servers in December110 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
110. Novell Open Enterprise ServerProblems and Solutions – If You Use NetWare Pain Solution BenefitYou don’t want to give Keep NetWare alive Keep your NetWareup your NetWare. through OES. services.But you need to make Just add OES to what Get the support anda change. you already have. new technologies you need.And migration is a Don’t migrate, “Point-and-click” is anightmare. “upgrade.” lot less traumatic than “rip-and-replace.” 111 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
111. Top Reasons to Use OESIf You Use NetWare Keep the NetWare services you love. Don’t “rip and replace”—just “point and click” to add it to what you already have. Future proof your infrastructure with support for “must have” technologies. 112 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
112. Novell Open Enterprise ServerIf You Use Linux Do Linux in Style. Do more than ever. Just say no…to expensive migrations. 113 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
113. Novell Open Enterprise ServerProblems and Solutions – If You Use Linux Pain Solution BenefitYou don’t want to pay Pay a little money. Get a lot more Linux.for Linux.You’re doing all your Pay a little more. Get Linux with world-support by yourself. class support behind it.You’re running an Run a Linux distro that Give “open” a newenterprise on Linux works with just about meaning by usingthat doesn’t play well everything. whatever you want to.with others. 114 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
114. Novell Cluster ServicesServices failover fromone cluster node to thenext.Remotely manage SANs.Pool disk space toimprove efficiency. 115 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
115. Novell Business Continuity Clustering Chicago High-availability clustered-server solution. Complete failover between geographic locations. Keeps critical services always there, always on, always available. Sydney Paris116 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
116. Cluster Services Futures Future Updates • New User Friendly UI • Granular Management • Auto-Load Balance ( TBD) How much does downtime cost your business? Best of breed High Availability Solutions from Novell keep your business running smoothly.117 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
117. Product Line Highlights • December 2010 • OES2SP3 • March 2011 • BCC Single Instance Pricing • Summer 2011 • VmWare Ready & Citrix Ready • Platespin Protect & Migrate for OES2 • SLES10SP4 Support • NW to OES2 Inplace Upgrade Cool Solution • October 2011 • NRM Updates delivered in Patch Channel • MAC 10.7 DHX2 support for OES2 • OES11 Deployed in Lighthouse Accounts • December 2011 • OES11 ships ( Dec. 5th) • OES11 Automated Upgrade ( end of December ) • NetWare/ZEN7/GW/BM Support until Sept. 2013118 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
118. Why SUSE Linux Enterprise? Most Reliable Linux Lowest Average Lowest Average Unplanned Downtime Patch Time (planned downtime) MINUTES PER SERVER MINUTES PER YEAR 145.2 31 32 27 67.2 15 35.4 17.4 SUSE® Solaris Red Hat Windows SUSE® Solaris Red Hat Windows Linux Enterprise Server Linux Enterprise Server Enterprise Linux 2008 Enterprise Linux 2008 Source: Information Technology Intelligence Corporation, ITIC 2009 Global Server Hardware and Server OS Reliability Survey, July 2009119 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
119. SLES 11 Features and Lifecycle Benefit from SLES 11 advancements • Rich ISV and IHV ecosystem support • Improved performance with scheduler optimizations • Improved CPU, memory and storage scalability • Green innovations (“Tickless idle” and power profiles) • Updated Xen hypervisor • Patch up to 100 times faster Seven year support life cycle SLES 11 Certifications120 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
120. Open Enterprise Server 11 Workloads with Deployment Flexibility User & IT iFolder Enhanced Novell Linux Novell Cluster iPrint Upgrade Volume Services Productivity Utilities Manager Interoperability Domain SAMBA AFP stack CIFS stack Identity Services for Manager 3.6 Windows Bundle Edition File Storage POSIX File Dynamic Archive & Novell DFS w/ Systems Storage Versioning Storage Junction Technology Services Support Networking & (NSS) Novell Client NetStorage DNS & DHCP Novell Management eDirectory Auto YaST Novell Novell iManager Remote Manager XEN Virtualization SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP1121 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
121. Novell Linux Volume Manager OES11 Provides Powerful Storage Tools OES11 With Novell Linux Volume Manager I Can: Put NSS on the same disk as the system partition. Create >2TB Partitions & 8TB Pools on a single segment Copy a pool to a new disk and expand the pool at the same time. Copy NSS pools spanned over multiple segments to a single segment pool. Upgrade from OES2 or NetWare without migrating data Create both NSS and Posix Pools and cluster enable them from an easy NSSMU interface. Simple tools for managing and configuring your data center. Data upgrades are seemless, repurposing is simple, configuration is easy!122 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
122. Cross-Platform Authentication Domain Services for Windows • Business Apps require AD authentication? • Leverage your best-in-class eDirectory identity store for all apps in your enterprise • Go Clientless leveraging login scripts through AD Group Policies.123 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
123. Comprehensive Management Future Feature Update • Dsrepair for Linux • OES Nagios Monitoring Plugins • Simplified Linux User Management Management tools that save IT time and money.124 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
124. iPrint Future Feature Pack Updates Print from any Mobile Device • No Drivers required on the device • Printing rendered on the server • As easy as sending an email • iPad and Android Apps iPrint Appliance • Automated Print Setup for Edir • iPrint AD appliance MAC Enhancements • Safari Browser Driver upload • Secure Printing125 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
125. Simplified and Automated Deployment Future Feature Updates Automated Upgrades ( Dec.) • Upgrade all servers from a central location • Use OES11 Upgrade Automation • Upgrade from OES2 to OES11 OES Autoyast Tool ( SP1) How many IT hours • OES Autoyast Tool does it take to Upgrade • Configure First – Automated Deployment later your Servers? • Create unique Server Deployments • Edit existing Server profiles Save Significant deployment costs through OES Automated Upgrade for OES11.126 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
126. Simplified and Flexible Deployments NetWare to OES2 or OES11 in-place Upgrade – Upgrade on same hardware – Scripted update and fail-back – No need to touch clients – Uses Suse Studio OES image & provided scripts – Available now on Cool Solutions! Delivered as: 1) Cool Solutions document 2) Consulting Engagement127 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
127. Business Continuity Clustering ( BCC)Remote Site Failover “A Cluster of Clusters” - Business Continuity When 99.999% uptime is required • Geographically disparate mirrored data centers • Automated cluster failover at up to four sites • Provides for < 5 minute RTO and 0 RPO • Failover of one, all, or a group of cluster resources • Active-Active means your back-up data center always contributes • Learn More at www.novell.com/chat • High Availability and Disaster Recover for OES & GroupWise 128 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
128. Where We Are GoingOpen Enterprise Server 2H 2011 1H 2012 2H OES 2 OES 2 SP3 with Maintenance Patches 2012 Maintenance Patches SLES 10 SP4 OES 11 OES 11: OES11 Feature OES 11 Feature & Filr • SLE11 SP1 Updates Updates: • NRM Updates • Tech Preview Releases • Mobile iPrint • Volume Manager • iPrint Appliance • MAC 10.7 DHX2 • DST quotas • Patch Performance Novell Filr v1: • Nagios Plugins • Automated Upgrade • New mobile File Experience • Migration Tools Update (End of Dec.) • DSFW bi-dir support OES 11 SP1: • DSFW with NCP client • SLE11 SP2 Novell Filr v2: • KVM Support • Btrfs Support • Multi-site & Org Support • Single ISO install • Native MAC client 129 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
129. Novell Filr Introduction:File Sharing Today … Simple file sharing à la 1990. Lots of plumbing, many “dead” files On-line social file-sharing and backup Team and social collaboration tools Cloud only, consumer Disruptive (“move all focused and not feasible your files here”) and in most enterprises doesnt improve the basic file experience130 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
130. What Organizations Want ... End User Preferences Convenience, Individual, Social, Mobile Enterprise Requirements Control, Compliance, On-prem deployment Aggregated Productivity rises View in a when users work Native Habitat the way they want to, with the files they need131 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
131. Novell Filr Capabilities Access, Share, Discover Glen Davis @ 1:56PM Hi, I just updated the Novell Open Enterprise Server roadmap. See slide #23 and #37. OES roadmap v7 Sophia Germanides @ 6:10pm I made a few tweaks to the OES roadmap iFolder like – Merged View of Local & deck. See slide #12. We also need to better explain backup & sync + home Remote Files OES roadmap v8 directory integration +Salvage, Archive, Audit Filr Message Karyn Victory just updated the file below, which seems to be related to one of your recent files: Filr Customer Deck v2 Unified Search Index Recommend Files Easy share to social media Filters out files you based on content sites (file links). dont have rights to. (Filr V2) File Notes Notification Feed132 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
132. Novell Filr on Windows 7 ®Everything in One Place Admin controlled Access to existing My personal files directory structure mapped drives Files/Folders others shared with me 133 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
133. Novell Filr on Android ®134 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
134. OES Roadmap Future Release 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 OES2 OES2SP3 SLES10SP4 UpdateSLES10 SLES10SP4 Feature Channel Updates OES11 OES11 OES11 OES11 OES11 SP1 SP2 SP3SLES11 SLES11SP1 SLES11SP2 SLES11SP3Wasatch WasatchSLES12 Filr SLES12 v1 v2 …etc. Note: Bi-monthly Patch Updates for OES have not changed and will continue to be delivered. 135 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
135. OES with Novell Filr ® Workloads with Deployment Flexibility User & IT iFolder Enhanced Novell Linux Novell Cluster iPrint Novell Filr Upgrade Volume Services Productivity Utilities Manager Interoperability Domain SAMBA AFP stack CIFS stack Identity Services for Manager 3.6 Windows Bundle Edition File Storage POSIX File Dynamic A&V NSS DFS w/ Systems Storage Novell Filr Junction Technology Support Networking & Novell Client NetStorage DNS & DHCP QuickFinder Novell Management Novell Filr eDirectory Novell Filr Auto YaST Novell Novell iManager Remote Manager XEN Virtualization SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP1136 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
137. Novell File ReporterProblems and Solutions Pain Solution BenefitYou’re storing Shows what you have Make decisions aboutterabytes of files. and when it was last what to do with those used. files.Files scattered across Reports on files A single report tellsdifferent systems and residing on many file you about all of it.platforms. systems and OSes.You never know how Volume-storage Plan for what youmuch storage you’ll trending reports. need, without over- (orneed or when. under-) buying. 138 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
138. Novell Storage ManagerProblems and Solutions Pain Solution BenefitTime and effort = an Automates the entire Does all the hard workeven bigger IT burden. lifecycle of storage for you. management.You can’t force users Enforces storage You decide whatto do the right thing. policies based on user can—and can’t—be and group roles. stored on your network.You’re flying blind. Reports what’s being Prove everything. stored and who owns it. 139 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
139. Novell File Management SuiteNovell Storage ManagerNovell File Reporter Dynamic File Services Allows seamless tiering of storage infrastructures based on Policy.Dynamic File Services NDFS Policies File Reporter Policies govern life- Produces reports the Storage NSM cycle automation administrator can use and compliance construct and fine- Manager with regard to file tune policies. Provisions storage system data. based on Identity & Policy NFR 140 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
140. Novell File Management SuiteDescriptionReport, Provision, and relocate file Component Capabilitiesstorage based on user, and grouproles using custom business policies.Helps customers manage the chaosof files and file systems in order togain efficiencies, ensurecompliance, and lower costs. “Move” “Manage” “Discover” 141 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
141. Novell Dynamic File Services Merged View H Drive H Drive BEFORE AFTER No change to the user experience User sees a merged view142 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
142. How Does it Work? ”Discover” - Novell File ReporterDescription CapabilitiesInventories file systems, deliversdetailed storage intelligence so you • Novell NSScan optimize your environment for File Systems • Novell Traditionalefficiency, and compliance. Operating Systems • Windows NTFS Scalability • NAS over CIFS • NAS over NFS • Reiser • ext3 143 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
143. How Does it Work? ”Discover” - Novell File ReporterDescription CapabilitiesInventories file systems, deliversdetailed storage intelligence so you Agents for:can optimize your environment for File Systems • OES 2 Linux (proxy NetWare)efficiency, and compliance. Operating Systems • Windows 2003 and 2008 Server Scalability • SUSE Linux 144 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
144. How Does it Work? ”Discover” - Novell File ReporterDescription CapabilitiesInventories file systems, deliversdetailed storage intelligence so you • 100 Million Directoriescan optimize your environment for File Systems • 1 Billion Filesefficiency, and compliance. Operating Systems • 750 Million Unique File Names Scalability • 100,000 Unique File Extensions • 200,000 Owners • 75 Million Duplicate File Names 145 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
145. How Does it Work?”Manage” - Novell Storage ManagerDescription SituationAutomates the complete life cyclemanagement of user and group file user datastorage – create, move, renames, File Systemand deletes. Identity File Space ManagementEvent driven policy engine. • File Server Platforms (Physical / Virtual) • Windows Servers CIFS Shares • NetWare & OES Linux NSS Volumes • SAN, NAS (NetApp, EMC) 146 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
146. How Does it Work?”Manage” - Novell Storage ManagerDescription SituationAutomates the complete life cyclemanagement of user and group file role(s) user datastorage – create, move, renames, File Systemand deletes. Identity eDirectory Event File Space Management NSMEvent driven policy engine. Active Directory • Provisioning / De-Provisioning • Event Driven 147 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
147. How Does it Work?”Manage” - Novell Storage ManagerDescription SituationAutomates the complete life cyclemanagement of user and group file role(s) management user datastorage – create, move, renames, File Systemand deletes. Identity eDirectory Event Policy File Space Management NSMEvent driven policy engine. Active Directory • Provisioning / De-Provisioning • Lifecycle Storage Management • Automate manual processes • Secure based on policies 148 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
148. How Does it Work?”Move” - Novell Dynamic File ServicesDescription SituationSoftware based file tiering and archiving.Policy based file storage relocation. Before AfterWorking at the file system level tooptimize File storage resources.Maximize your hardware investments. • File system can be dominated by stale unstructured data • Increased storage infrastructure costs • Inefficient Data Center footprint 149 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
149. How Does it Work?”Move” - Novell Dynamic File ServicesDescription SituationSoftware based file tiering and archiving.Policy based file storage relocation. Before AfterWorking at the file system level to Policyoptimize File storage resources.Maximize your hardware investments. • Network Share file tiering. Transparent to the user. • Automated Archive & Retention • CIFS Shares, iSCSI targets, DAS, SAN, Cloud** • Customizable policies based on identities and file metadata 150 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
150. What are the Customer On-Ramps?On-RampDefinitionA sales entry point based on one Opportunitiesor more customer pains, admittedor latent, that Novell, and Risk Managementpartners can alleviate Identity Management Operations / Efficiency Migrations 151 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
151. Risk Management File Compliance and Governance • Do users have too much or too little access to the data they need? How do you correct it ? • Do users have unapproved or backdoor access to corporate data that they shouldn’t? How can you be sure? • Is their inappropriate data on your network file servers, and what’s your liability? Novell File Management Products Deliver:  Actionable reports surface vulnerabilities  Create policies based on file assessment findings across a LOB or department  Policies close vulnerabilities, ensure reproducible results  Policies can be customized per industry/ organizational need  Remove liabilities; Groom, Move, Vault, and Archive for Review152 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
152. Identity Driven File System Automation • Make file system automation part of a zero-day start/stop initiative. • Manage files based user and group roles. • Ensure files are secure and available. • Policies govern data location and management based on role and position.File Management products:  Reduce errors, eliminate inconsistencies from manual processes.  Ensure file data moves with the user as location and role changes.  Make Novell IDM deployments even more sticky. Integrates with IDM workflow.  Agnostic: Works with any identity solution (even homegrown ones).153 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
153. Manage Complexity with File AutomationStreamline Operations:  Drive automation, Improve SLA to LOB (upgrades, moves, adds, consolidation)  Drive down costs; General IT, helpdesk staffing efficiencies (large user populations)  Day-to-day operations for user and group, creates, moves, renames, quota management  Policies guarantee resultsNovell File Management products drive automation:  Eliminate repetitive, redundant tasks for managing user and group storage.  Free up IT resources from day-to-day “lights on” activities  User & Group manually scripted storage procedures.  LOB file relocation related to growth, upgrades, or consolidation. 154 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
154. Novell Open Workgroup Suite
155. Novell Open Workgroup Suite Novell GroupWise Novell Vibe Novell ZENworks Configuration Management Novell ZENworks Linux Management Novell ZENworks Endpoint Security Management Novell Open Enterprise Server SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop LibreOffice Novell Edition156 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
156. Novell Open Workgroup Suite “Network in a box.” Buy a complete network with just one SKU. 8 products for the price of 2 ½.157 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
157. Novell Open Workgroup SuiteProblems and Solutions Pain Solution BenefitYou don’t need a big Small-business The network younetwork. network-in-a-box. need, without “big network” complexities.You don’t want to Get a whole network Spend less, do more.waste money. for 70% less.You don’t need the One SKU gives you Track just one licensehassle of licensing. everything. instead of hundreds. 158 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
158. Top Reasons to Use Novell Open WorkgroupSuite All the networking services you need with none of the complexities. You don’t have to spend a lot to get everything you need. Manage just one SKU, one license—one network.159 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.
159. This document could include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Changes are periodically made to the information herein. These changes may be incorporated in new editions of this document. Novell, Inc. may make improvements in or changes to the software described in this document at any time. Copyright © 2012 Novell, Inc. All rights reserved. All Novell marks referenced in this presentation are trademarks or registered trademarks of Novell, Inc. in the United States. All third-party trademarks are the property of their respective owners.161 © Novell, Inc. All rights reserved.