1. Walter L. (Larry) Guyton
28211 Laura Lane
Conroe, Texas 77385
Over Twenty Years Of Successful Outside Sales And Major Account Management Experience Delivering Award
Winning Performance. During This Time Have Developed And Refined Skills In Account Relationship Building,
Retention, Penetration And Pursuit Of New Opportunities That Generate New Revenue Streams. Experience
Includes Working With Small Businesses, Federal, State And Local Government And Fortune 100/500/1000
Corporations. Account Development Responsibilities Include Revenue Volumes Up To $7.5M Annually. Have
Demonstrated The Ability To Target, Develop Account Strategies And Deliver Profitable Results That Deliver A Win/
Win Scenario For Both The Client And My Employer. Goal Is Developing Long Term Relationships Built Upon
Exceeding Clients Expectations And Delivering Innovative Strategies And Ideas.
The Bartech Group, Inc. Houston, Texas
Business Development Executive 2009 - 2009
The Bartech Group, Inc. Offers A Complete Suite Of Human Capital Solutions Including Workforce Managed
Services (MSP), Training & Education, Business Process Outsourcing & Staffing Services. Examples Of Targeted
Customers Include Energy (ExxonMobil, Marathon Oil, Citgo, CenterPoint Energy, Reliant Energy, Anadarko
Petroleum, Lower Colorado River Authority And Chevron) Medical (University Of Texas Medical Branch (UTMB),
Seton Healthcare, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center), Energy Services Companies (Baker Hughes,
Aker Solutions, Dresser Rand, Halliburton, McDermott International, Transocean), Transportation (Continental
Airlines, Southwest Airlines, BNSF Railway), Manufacturing/Retail (HEB, NOKIA) And More. In April, 2009 The
Bartech Group Initiated Pursuits In Two New Markets, Texas And Washington, DC/Northern Virginia. Pursuit Profile
Revolved Around Large Targeted Fortune 500 Clients With Revenues Exceeding $1 Billion (2008).
• The Bartech Group Is An Award Winning Member Of The National Minority Supplier Development Council
So Worked Closely With Both The Dallas/Ft Worth Council And The Houston Council. This Included
Participating On Committee’s And Attending Multiple Sponsored Events.
• Through Past Or New Relationships Developed Pursuits In 24+ Opportunities By October, 2009 Resulting In
One New Client And Many Additional On The Near Horizon.
• All Activities And Pursuits Were Entered And Tracked Via Salesforce.com.
• On November 6th, 2009 After 7 Months In The New Territory The Bartech Group Decided To Release Me
And Close The Texas Sales Office. The DC/Northern Virginia Market Followed Soon After.
DISYS Houston, Texas
Senior Account Executive 2008 - 2009
DISYS Is A Provider Of IT Services Including Solution Practices, Supplemental Contract Staffing, Contract To Hire
And Permanent Placements. Customers Include Waste Management, Seton Healthcare Services, Dallas County,
Lee County, Atos Origin, Chevron, Berwanger, Superior Energy Services, Lyondell Chemicals, Calpine And More.
• Worked At Improving Performance And Results With Two Key Clients (Waste Management And Chevron).
• Pursued New Business Development Through Past Relationships, Networking And Cold Calling.
Resume of Walter L. Guyton
Page 1 of 5
2. • Left Organization (5 Months) At 100% Of Plan To Reunite With Prior Senior Management At The Bartech
RCG Information Technology, Inc. Houston, Texas
Senior Account Executive 2005 - 2008
RCG Information Technology Provides A Full Complement Of IT Services Including Solution Practices, Supplemental
Contract Staffing, Contract To Hire And Permanent Placements. An Additional Offering Is A Suite Of Solution
Practices Built Around Project Management Services, Development And Integration, Business Intelligence And Data
Warehousing, Quality Assurance And Testing, Application Maintenance, Offshore Delivery (Fully Owned By RCG IT
In The Philippines) And Business And Technology Practices. Customers Include University Of Texas Medical
Branch (UTMB), Seton Healthcare Services, Dallas County, Lee County, Aktos Noble, Atos Origin, Chevron,
Berwanger, Mercer Human Resources Consulting, Comensura Services, TRG, Superior Energy Services,
Ecommlink, Valvtechnologies, Lyondell Chemicals, Calpine, Fleetpride And More.
• After Joining RCG Information Technology As A New Business Development Account Executive Prospected
And Developed Working Relationships With 14 New Clients. Utilizing Networking Tools Such As LinkedIn,
Jigsaw And Local User Groups Gained Additional Market Intelligence Allowing For More Targeted New
• Successfully Scheduled RCG Global Practice Principals To Speak At AITP and PMI Events In Houston,
• Gained Additional Client Opportunity Insight By Using A Project Manager/Director Interview Process.
• At Chevron (Houston) Successfully Developed And Executed Business Plan To: 1) Initially Move RCG
Information Technology From Tier II Status To Tier I Then 2) To Be Recognized By Being Awarded A
Supplier Award For Our Performance. We Achieved The Tier I Status Target The Fall Of 2006 Then
Received The First Of 2 Supplier Awards In The Spring Of 2007 (Receiving The Second Award Spring Of
2008). Late Spring Of 2008 We Were Awarded Tier I Status In California. Chevron Yielded Revenue In
Excess Of $2.1 Mil By Close Of 2007 And Delivered Close To $2.7 In 2008.
• Received 2007 RCG Information Technology Performance Club Recognition By Finishing 3 th In Sales
Performance At Over 124% Of Quota With Over $2.2 Mil In Billing.
• Left The Organization As They Chose To Offshore Their Activities For My Two Major Clients (That Delivered
Over $3.5 Mil In 2008).
MI Systems, Inc. Houston, Texas
SALES MANAGER/SR. ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE 2000 - 2005
MI Systems Provides A Full Complement Of IT Resources Including Project Management, Supplemental Contract
Staffing, Contract-To-Hire And Permanent Placements. Customers Include ConocoPhillips, Service Corporation Inc.,
ChevronTexaco, British Petroleum, Schlumberger (SNS), Comensura Services, Computer Science Corporation,
Houston Independent School District (TCS), Katy Independent School District (TCS), Aldine Independent School
District (TCS), University Of Texas Medical Branch, Seton Healthcare (Austin, TX), Equiva, Etc.
• Personally Responsible For Over $9 Mil Of Business Since Joining Organization.
• Raised Markup From 26.5% To Over 34%.
• Involved In The Placement Of Over 225 Candidates As Permanent, Contract-To-Hire Or Contract
• Increased The Consultant Headcount From 24 To 54.
• Helped Implement Both Commission Program And Tracking Tools.
• Developed Contact Management Solutions For Both Sales And Recruiting Activities.
EverythingOffice.Com Houston, Texas
SR. ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE 1999 - 2000
EverythingOffice Provides An Internet Based Procurement Portal Supplying Office Supplies, Computer Hardware And
Services In A Business-To-Business Environment. Offer Over 200,000 Products Including Office Supplies, Furniture,
Hardware (IBM, Cisco, Gateway, Dell, Compaq, HP), Copiers (XEROX, Savin, Ricoh, Minolta) And Services.
Resume of Walter L. Guyton
Page 2 of 5
3. • Dual Role Chartered With Opening The Houston Market And Building A Sales Team. Involved Interviewing,
Hiring, Training And Mentoring New Account Executives.
• Concurrently Worked To Open New Accounts And Identify Opportunities Within These Accounts To
Maximize Walletshare With Product Offerings.
• Successful In Developing New Accounts Through Coldcalling, Prior Relationships And Networking.
• Developed Multiple Sales Tools Used Within The Organization Including Account Executive Presentation
Folders, Special Promotion Flyers And Custom Catalog Pages On The Website.
• Identified And Pursued 2 Opportunities To Secure Over $120,000 Of Office Supplies Annually.
• Average Over 20 Cold Calls Per Day Utilizing Handheld PDA’S For Uploading Client Information.
NewData Strategies Houston, Texas
SR. ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE 1998 - 1999
Microsoft Certified Solutions Provider Selling Microsoft Backoffice Application Solutions To Client's Information
Systems Department. Customers Include Dynegy, Exxon, Marathon Oil Company, AIG, Houston Lighting & Power,
• Primary Focus Was Developing Information Technology Business Opportunities Through Existing And New
• Developed And Executed Account Plans For Existing And New Accounts. Worked Closely With Exxon
Correcting And Strengthening Our Preferred Vendor Status.
Quantum Resources Houston, Texas
SR. ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE 1997 - 1998
Provider Of Information Technology And Engineering Technical Resources To Fortune 1000 Corporations Including
Dynegy, G E Capital IT Solutions, Marathon Oil Company, NASA, Lockheed Martin, Grumman, Baker Hughes
INTEQ, Schlumberger, Decision One, Houston Industries, Etc.
• Secured And Completed An RFP For A Local Fortune 500 Energy Client Worth In Excess OF $500,000
• Developed And Executed Account Pursuit Strategies Resulting In Opening 5 New Accounts Providing
Annual Revenues Exceeding $400,000.
Ajilon, Incorporated Houston, Texas
ACCOUNT MANAGER 1996 - 1997
Ajilon Is An Industry Leader Provider Of Managed Services And/Or Staff Supplementation Within The Clients
Information Technology Environment. Clients Supported Included Fortune 1000 Corporations Such As Texaco, Shell
Oil, Siemens, Prudential Insurance, IBM And More. Decision Makers Included All C Level, Vice Presidents,
Directors, Line Managers, Project Managers, Department Managers, Purchasing Agents, Etc.
• Territory Was Goaled At $450,000 Of Contribution Margin (Profit). Resigned Performing At 93% Of Goal In
• Exceeded Target Of 2 Placements Per Month (108% Against Goal).
• First Account Manager To Earn $10,000 Target Account Bonus By Placing 5 New Consultants At Target
Anacomp, Incorporated Houston, Texas
SENIOR ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE/DIGITAL PRODUCT SPECIALIST 1994 - 1996
• Leader In Micrographic Hardware, Software, Services And Digital Solutions.
• Territory Goaled At $1,450,000 In Annual Sales. Performed At 150% Of Goal.
• Responded To RFQ’S For Over $500,000 Of Hardware Products With 3 Clients.
• Selected By Management As 1 Of 12 Launch Leaders For New CD-R Archival Product (ALVA).
Resume of Walter L. Guyton
Page 3 of 5
4. TERRITORY MANAGER 1994 - 1994
• Consisted Of A 6 State Area (Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Kansas, Arkansas And Missouri).
• Finished At 93% Of Quota Before Taking New Assignment (Due To Business Unit Being Sold Off) Despite
Taking The Position The 5th Month Of The Fiscal Year.
• Quota Club Recognition For Both 1993 And 1994.
• Handled, Responded And Won Significant Business On The State Of Texas Contract RFP.
• Finished 1994 As The #1 Equipment & Supplies Specialist At Anacomp.
ADDITIONAL WORK EXPERIENCE
Smith Corona Corporation Houston, Texas
DISTRICT MARKETING MANAGER 1991 - 1992
• Customers Included Resellers Ranging From Small Independent Retail Stores To Major Chains Such As
Circuit City, K-Mart, Walmart And Best Buy.
• Successfully Developed Direct Marketing Of Key Products To The Educational Market.
J.V.C. Company of America Houston, Texas
TERRITORY ACCOUNT REPRESENTATIVE 1986 - 1991
• Supported Dealer Network Ranging From Small Storefront To Large Accounts (Walmart, Sams And Tandy).
Territory Consisted Of Arkansas, Northern Mississippi and Western Tennessee.
• Territory Billed Over $7.5M In 1991.
XEROX Corporation Jackson, Mississippi
MARKETING REPRESENTATIVE 1981 - 1986
• Left XEROX At 140% Of Quota.
• Salesman Of The Month On Numerous Occasions.
• Graduated From All XEROX Sales Schools.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Mississippi State University 1975 - 1979
MARKETING (12 Hours Short Of BS)
Miller Heiman Strategic Selling
Miller Heiman Conceptual Selling
XEROX SPIN Sales Training
Resume of Walter L. Guyton
Page 4 of 5
Detailed References Available Upon Request
“Larry is one of the best recruiter/account managers I've worked with. Larry's work ethic, his ability to bridge the needs of his client
to potential recruit is unbelievable. I would strongly endorse Larry's ability and integrity.”
Top qualities: Great Results, Personable, High Integrity
“I have worked with Larry for almost 3 years, and he has done an excellent job at helping Beeline staff IT contingent labor workforce
here at Chevron. He was able to move RCG from Tier 1 to Tier 2 within one year, and have excelled ever since. Beeline awarded
Larry and his team twice for the supplier of the quarter award. He is great at building rapport with colleagues and clients, and at the
same time, produces great results.”
Top qualities: Personable, Expert, High Integrity
“Larry worked with me at one of my past companies and provided me IT consultants when we had the need. He was always
excellent at following up with me on the type of people he had sent and trying to understand our needs for all job orders. He has a
great personality to match and was always a joy to work with. He truly has a love for his job and has great stability which is a huge
plus. I would recommend Larry to any company that is looking to add on a new provider!”
“Larry is efficient, dedicated, organized individual who was always a step ahead. His support and expertise added value to both my
professional and personal achievements while at Chevron. I would highly recommend Larry to be considered to do any task at
“Larry is by far the best Account Executive I have ever worked with. He maintains great relations with his clients. He gives
immediate feedback on candidates. When Larry gets new requirements he sits down with the recruiter and outlines the key points.
He is not afraid to roll up his sleeves and help recruiter’s source candidates. Larry would be a great asset for any organization and I
would love to work with him in the future.”
Resume of Walter L. Guyton
Page 5 of 5