1. WISTA MED 2012Le Meridien Limassol Spa & Resort Limassol, Cyprus 23rd June 2012
2. WISTA Cyprus a part of
3. A little bit of achievement • September 2011: WISTA Cyprus is established • 31 members registered by end 2011 • Initial Membership Applications: Expectations well exceeded • Today WISTA Cyprus has 54 members • By end of 2012: Aim to have 65 registered members
4. Why?• Shipping is one of the main sectors of the Cyprus economy• Makes up 7% of Cyprus GDP• A large community of female professionals with high educational level and experience that never had a common platform• WISTA International wished for a Cyprus NWA for a long time
5. Our goals…• To network…within Cypriot & International Maritime Community• To promote the development of Leadership through continuous education, sharing of knowledge and experience• To mentor young professionals entering the maritime sector and encourage all female professionals at management level and above• To offer seminars, training courses, workshops and conferences for supporters of WISTA Cyprus not restricted to its Members• To be a valued member of the Cypriot and International Maritime Community• To form and strengthen relationships with other NWAs
6. Milestones…September 2011: First WISTA Cyprus ExCo Meeting – Establishing WISTA CyprusNovember 2011: First Members’ MeetingJanuary 2012: HFC “Hope for Children” – Signing of MOUMarch 2012: WISTA Cyprus becomes a member of the CSCMarch 2012: First 50 members registeredMay 2012: WISTA Cyprus receives “Children’s Rights Defender” Award from HFCJune 2012: First Regional event hosted: the WISTA MED 2012!
7. WISTA Cyprus Executive Committee Despina Panayiotou Theodosiou – President Sonia Ajini – Vice President Martina Meinders – Secretary General Victoria Kostic-Nola – Member Jane Melas – Member