Transcript of "Latihtubi sc yr5 it sec a living things"
Section AInstructions: Every question is followed by four options A, B, C and D. Choose the correct answer.1. The diagram below shows living things K,L,M and N. K L M N Which of the living things in the diagram above are microorganisms? A K and M only B M and N only C K and N only D K, M and N only2. The diagram below shows a device. What is the use of the device? A To see tiny microorganisms B To see living things C To see transparent microorganisms D To see the movement of organisms
3. Yeast is a living thing because it can … I. grow II. breathe III. move A I and II only B I and III only C II and III only D I,II and III only4. The diagram below shows an observation of a microorganism seen under a microscope. Diagram 3 What can you conclude from the observation? A The microorganism grows B The microorganism moves. C The microorganism breathes. D The microorganism makes its own food.5. The diagram below shows a mixture of dough and yeast. What happens to the paper after a few hours? A The dough absorbs the paper. B The paper absorbs the dough. C The dough has expanded in such a way that the paper is hidden underneath it. D The dough has swallowed the paper.
6. The diagram below shows a human cheek cell and a microorganism. From the diagram above, we can conclude that A both cells are equal. B the microorganism is smaller than the human cheek cell. C the human cheek cell is half the size of the microorganism. D the microorganism is bigger than the human cheek cell.7. The diagram below shows the result of an investigation The observation after 20 minutes shows that microorganism A moves B breathes C grows D reproduces8. Which of the following is a benefit of microorganism? A Microorganism can be used to make fertilisers B Microorganism can cause food poisoning C Microorganism can cause tooth decay D Microorganism can cause food to turn bad
9. Which of the following used yeast in its preparation? A Noodles B Chocolate C Ice-cream D Tempe10. What happens to the milk if it is left on the table for three days? A It will become sour and have bubbles on it B It will have mould on it C It will become yogurt D It will have a slimy feel
11. The diagram below shows two types of food. Which of the following microorganism is used in the production of the food shown above? A Virus B Fungi C Protozoa D Bacteria12. Which of the following diseases are caused by microorganisms? I AIDS II Cough III Ringworm IV Mumps A I and II only B II and III only C I, II and IV only D I, II, III and IV only13. Which of the following pairs is correct? Diseases Caused by A Flu Virus B Mumps Fungi C Scabies Bacteria D measles Protozoa14. Which of the following diseases is caused by bacteria? A Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) B Influenza C Cholera D Chickenpox
15. Tooth decay will occur if we do not clean our teeth after eating in a long term. What can you infer from the statement above? A because the food is not completely digested. B because the food is corrosive to the teeth C because the teeth are infected by bacteria. D because the acid released by the bacteria when decomposing the food16. The diagram below shows animal X and Y. Animal X Animal Y What is the same characteristic between both animals? A do not take care of their young. B take care of their young C reproduces eggs D give birth17. The following animals take care of their young except P Q R S A P B Q C R D S
18. The diagram below shows a hen sitting on its eggs. Diagram 7 The diagram shows how an animal.. A. ensures the survival of its species B. ensures its survival of its enemies C. ensures the survival of its eggs D. ensures its survival of its predator19. The information below shows 4 types of animals. P cow T eagle Q hen U dog Match the animals according to their similar way of reproduction. A P and U , Q and T B P and T , Q and U C P and Q , T and U D U and Q, T and P20. The following animals are matched correctly to their characteristics of eggs except Animals Characteristics A. Bird Eggs with shell covering B. Frog Eggs are slimy and having bad smell C. Spider Eggs kept in a bag underneath its body D. Cockroach Eggs kept in a pocket
21. Which of the following statements is correct? A A lizard lays its eggs in a hidden place B Butterflies lay their eggs on the surface of leaves C A beetle lays its eggs in between stones D A turtle lays its eggs on the sand22. The diagram below shows 4 types of fruits P,Q,R and S. P Q R S Which of the fruits are dispersed by water? A P and Q B Q and R C Q and S D R and S23. Which of the following plants has the same way of dispersal as rambutans and papayas? A Water lily B Love grass C Lalang D Flame of the forest24. The diagram below shows a fruit. What is the dispersal agent for the fruit above? A Wind B Water C Animal D Explosive mechanism
25. Why should plants disperse their fruits? A To increase their growth B To ensure the survival of their species C To increase competition of their seedlings D To make them more resistant to diseases26. The following information lists the characteristics of a fruit. • Fleshy • Succulent • Brightly coloured Which of the following agents helps the fruit to disperse its seeds? A Water B Wind C Animals D Explosive mechanism27. The diagram below shows two types of fruits. What is the dispersal agent for the fruits above? A Explosive mechanism B Water C Animal D Wind28. Which of the following seeds is correctly matched to its ways of dispersal? Seed Dispersal method A Lalang Birds B Petai Explosive mechanism C Ciku Water D Love grass Wind
29. The diagram below shows a parent plant and its seedlings Which of the following naturally occurring phenomena enables the seedlings to grow as shown? A Excretion B Defecation C Reproduction D Dispersal of seeds 30. Which of the following fruit is likely to be dispersed by animals? A Fruit with hooks B Fruit with fine hairs C Fruit with fibrous husk D Fruits with hard skin END OF SECTION A