Outcome Measurement

2,518 views
2,503 views

Published on

Published in: Business
0 Comments
2 Likes
Statistics
Notes
  • Be the first to comment

No Downloads
Views
Total views
2,518
On SlideShare
0
From Embeds
0
Number of Embeds
6
Actions
Shares
0
Downloads
0
Comments
0
Likes
2
Embeds 0
No embeds

No notes for slide

Outcome Measurement

  1. 1. HOW CUSTOMER SERVICES METRICS DIFFER FROM CUSTOMER DESIRED OUTCOMES<br />Contact Center Intelligence<br />Wim Rampen, fall 2009<br />
  2. 2. I like to get the information I need, when I want itand without muchhassle..<br />Sorry, we don’t know that you could not find the information on our web-site, nor in our Automated Voice Response System first. But we did pick up the phone within 30 seconds (in 70 % of all cases).Let me connect you to my colleague who should be able to answer your question. Can you give me your account number please so I can register the call. You may want to keep it handy for my colleague too.<br />
  3. 3. What’sthatnumber in front of the amountonmyinvoice? What is itthey are charging me with?<br />Could you read that out to me, I do not know what we sent you. But we measure how many calls we get on this invoicing, so that we can better forecast call volume…<br />
  4. 4. How long willittakebeforeyousolvemybilling issue? Will you stop reminding me to pay?<br />We know that we solve 80 % of billing issues within 2 weeks. I have no idea how long the others take, but I’ve seen cases take more than 8 weeks. You need to pay within 10 days now, or you will be cut of. But this call takes less than the average handling time I’m allowed..<br />
  5. 5. Whycan’tyougetit right the first time?<br />I have noideahowmanymistakes are made in the backoffice, butourcall center is in linewithbenchmark best practice. We have an 80 % First Contact Resolutionrate (without prior website or Voice Response visit of course). No, I do notknoweitherhowmanytimes the other 20 % need to contact usbeforeit is solved.<br />
  6. 6. I want to let youknowthatI’munhappywith the service yourcompany is providing me with. I’mleavingyou<br />I’m sorry to hearthat, butourCall Center satsifactionsurveyresultstellusthat 90 % of Customersthink we are friendly to veryfriendly. Furthermore overall satisfactionwith the call center service is 70 %, basedonourpost-call Voice Response survey. Allow me to put youthroughwithourretentiondepartment. Theywilltellyouthatyouneed to pay a fine forstepping out of your contract early.<br />

×