8. “ The Coca-Cola Company is on a bold journey inspired by our simple desire for sustainable growth, and fueled by our deep conviction that collectively we can create anything we desire.” Coca-Cola is passionate about their products.
10. Coca-Cola uses their “Manifesto of Growth” The Church uses the “Great Commission” Coca-Cola uses marketing. The Church uses evangelism. Can the Church says that we are passionate about the Gospel as Coca-Cola passionate about their soda?
11. Is the Church’s Mission Statement clear and well-defined as Coca-Cola? What is the purpose of FCCBC? Why do we open our doors every Sunday? Would the community be outrage if the Church closes the door as when all outlets stop selling Coke or any soft drinks? When the Church has no impact in the community . . . TRAGEDY!!!
12. Re-examining our Mission Missio Dei “ Winning souls to Christ, binding together as a family, nurturing each other to Christ-like maturity, equipping one another for service and life’s purpose for the glory of God.” Our vision/mission statement is beautifully worded. But are we living that way? Are we passionate about it?
13. What is a Church? “ Called-out ones” “ Body of Christ” “ Set apart for the mission” The Church is the “Sent People” of God
14. God Himself gave the Mission. God Himself is in the Mission. God Himself is the Missionary God.
15. The Mission: “ To seek and to save the lost” Sent: Living the missional nature of the church. <ul><li>Father sends the Son </li></ul><ul><li>Father and Son send the Holy Spirit </li></ul><ul><li>Triune God send the Church </li></ul>
16. Missional it is the attribute of God. He wants His church to be missional. A church that is not missional is not really a church. When a church loses its mission, it ceases to be a church. Mission is not only an activity of the Church but it is the very essence of the Church. There is a church because there is a mission; not a mission because there is a church. Missional Church: the church exists in being sent and in building up itself for the mission.
17. “ As the Father has sent me, I am sending you.” John 20:21.
18. Jesus said, “I am sending you.” Sent officially, with power and authority Sent personally by Jesus Christ. Sent especially chosen/selected. Sent with the personal touch of God. Provision: “ Receive the Holy Spirit” John 20:22 Being sent means we are called to be missionary. Missionary = missional in thinking, mission-motivated in its doing.
19. Two (2) Phases of God’s Movement/Mission 1. We are saved in order to be sent. 2. We are sent in other that others will be saved. “ Fundamentally, our mission means our committed participation as God’s people , at God’s invitation and command, in God’s own mission within the history of God’s world for the redemption of God’s creation.” Our committed participation 1 Corinthians 3:9 As God’s people 1 Peter 2:9 At God’s invitation and command Matthew 28: 19-20 Redemption of God’s creation Romans 8: 19-21
20. “ Go and make disciples” – the heart of what church is all about. That is missional living. Missional living is about investing in the lives of other people. It is the heart of the missional church. Being a missional person means intentionally building bridges to other people for the sake of them knowing Jesus and discovering what it means to be a fully alive, free human being. It is an attitude that says, “ I will invest my life in others for the sake of Christ and His mission on earth.”
21. Dream to impact other people’s lives for Jesus
22. Courage pursuing our dream without fear of man, willingness to take risks face criticism and rejection say no to opportunities that lead away from our dream. dare to believe God will use us to impact other people’s lives. transfer the dream into reality
23. Sowing Seed Mark 4: 3-29 People’s hearts are like different kinds of soil. Some are hard, some shallow, some are overcome by the cares of life, and some are open and responsive. People have different levels of spiritual hunger.
24. Regardless of the response of a person’s heart, our role is to both give our lives away, and to give the good news of Jesus. We give Jesus. We give Him generously and with honesty, kindness and courage. We give Him with our actions, with our words, with our time, with our resources in passionate pursuit of living driven by the mission of God.