1. CMS Systems
Solutions for the same problem?
CMS Bash, Groningen
July 2, 2009
2. Personal facts
Name: Wilco Jansen
Residence: Netherlands (Wijhe)
Occupation: Senior Program Manager
3. Joomla involvement
Development Workgroup Member
Board Member Open Source Matters
Joomla Core Team member
(First ever) Development Coordinator
Google Summer of Code program manager
Creator of the Joomla! Bug Squad
Google Highly Open Participation Contest
Joomla! Evangelist on many sessions world wide
4. Open Source Content Management Systems
solve all the same problem in different
5. 1069 CMS solutions out there...
7. How to select your CMS?
8. Read a good book?
9. Or use common sense?
Read a good book?
10. Let us limit to the solutions at the CMS bash...
11. We start with Mission and Vision...
The Web framework for perfectionists with deadline
Django makes it easier to build better Web apps more quickly with less code
To develop a leading edge open-source content management
system that implements the latest thinking and best practices
in community publishing, knowledge management, and
Our mission is to provide a flexible platform for digital
publishing and collaboration
In our vision, we see:
* People publishing and collaborating in their communities and around the world
* Software that is free, secure, and high-quality
* A community that is enjoyable and rewarding to participate in
* People around the world using their preferred languages
* A project that acts autonomously
* A project that is socially responsible
* A project dedicated to maintaining the trust of its users
A powerful, flexible Content Management
solution that is easy to install, use and extend
Plone lets non-technical people create and maintain information using
only a web browser. Perfect for web sites or intranets, Plone offers
superior security without sacrificing extensibility or ease of use.
To be an excellent, state-of-the-art next generation CMS
enabling people to communicate with modern technology
for years to come.
WordPress is a state-of-the-art publishing platform with
a focus on aesthetics, web standards, and usability.
WordPress is both free and priceless at the same time.
32. Next...let us look at technology used
33. Technology used (taken from CMS matrix)
34. Technology used (taken from CMS matrix)
35. The licences
36. The licences
37. The licences
38. The licences