Reputation Management Facebook Engagement June 18 & 19 *Social Media Training Program * Managed Social Media Marketing (We will not do SMM with your competition)
Who we are - Presenters Wikads was selected by Sysco to help their clients adjust to digital marketing.Kelly Watt Matt AstifanBackground in hospitality, Social Media educator thattelecom, online marketing and specializes in Facebook marketing.SEO 10 years New Facebook for TimelineReputation Management
Reputation ManagementYour online Reputation refers to: “the perception that people develop when learning about your business online”
Consider ThisThe Rule of 10: does it still apply? Or, has it changed?
Social Media Today!Do you like what they are saying about your brand?
Some Facts78% of consumers trust peer recommendations, and only 14% trust advertisements.Canada is in the top 10, #1 in big cities for global internet speeds. 1 in 3 Canadians has a mobile phone with internet. Mobile search is growing from 20-30% of overall search. 2010 Facebook overtook Google as most visited website online, 175M users login every 24hrs, 65M through a mobile device, of 900M users globally.
A Few Questions For EveryoneHow many of you have a website?Who has changed to their website in the last month?How many have claimed accounts for:1. Google Places? 5. Foursquare?2. Trip Advisor ? 6. Facebook,3. Urbanspoon? 7. Twitter?4. Yelp ? 8. Linked In?
Your Website IsYour #1 Profile Invest now to gethighly targeted leads for a fraction of the cost of traditional advertising.
Local Search - Google PlacesGet your Local Listings Wikads Optimized Today! FREE
Social StatisticsThere are over 105,860 people with registered accounts within 10 miles of Kelowna BC (May 2012)
How has the rule of 10 changed? It has become much more significant! One un-happy customer may tell 250+ FRIENDS,who will tell 250 Friends, who will tell 250 Friends, and you are out of business before you know it!
What do we mean by “Managing your online Reputation”?1. Position our business online to maximize exposure2. Proactively engage with people online3. Make an effort to repair and resolve online feedback4. Become aware in order to better ourselves as a business to increase sales5. Convert online people browsing into customers
Overview of online activity• Search – customer is coming to you through search - Defined in social terms.• Mobile – the lost opportunity. Capitalizing on customer traffic! 20-30%• Social – we are driving information to our customers. Matt
Search: How do customers find us online?Keyword, Category or City Search organic, PPC, locallistings, and Google reviewsBrand Search website, blogs, directory listings, organicrestaurant reviews, and social sites.Restaurant Reviews and Aps direct traffic
How to Manage our Reputation? 6 steps to ReputationManagement
6 steps to Reputation Management1. Build an online infrastructure2. Integrate your website with social media3. Get reviews and respond to bad reviews4. Build brand affinity5. Get video and good photos6. Know who you are speaking to
1. Create An Online Infrastructure Of Brand Related Resources• A strong website• Claim social media sites• Leverage review sites• Claim directory listings (GP)• Get video• Blog and encourage bloggers to review your restaurant• Press release, promoting news sources/article posts
2. Integrate your website with social• Use social widgets• Leverage local sites• Consistency across profiles
3. Get Reviews and Respond Do it in a timely effective manner.Have a process for how to deal with online complaints.Build Good Reviews to offset the Bad. Monitor trends. How? – Ask! Comment cards, Check-insMail, email campaigns, staff endorsement, friends/ family
4. Build Brand Appeal Business Donations Tell your customersIt will help business, and in return raise more for your cause Local North Shore Crisis Society Giving backInvestment based on growth Asked me for GP Review
5. Get Video and Good Photos• 85% of people use Video in their search.• YouTube is the #2 Search Engine, is owned by Google, indexes very quickly and is one of the top 4 websites globally for traffic
6. Know who you are speaking to• Travellers use tripadvisor• Facebook attracts a younger audience, female have higher engagement.• Twitter attracts a more educated and savvy user• Linked In attracts a business demographic, typically higher income earning. Each medium has its own language, represents a different online market, and presents new opportunities
6 steps to Reputation Management1. Build an online infrastructure2. Integrate your website with Social Media3. Get more reviews and respond to bad reviews4. Build brand affinity5. Get video and good photos6. Know who you are speaking to
2 Messages From Online MarketingWe must become aware to evolve and become a better business We must stay consistent with what we are doing right