2. MAKEUP MAKEUP1. Cosmetics used to color and beautify the face.2. A cosmetic applied to other parts of the body.3. Materials (as wigs and cosmetics) used in making up or in special costuming (as for a play). MOTIVATION ME Makeup Artist Salary: Ranges from $400-$2000 daily, $35,000 up annually Salon Price: $45-$50 Freelance Price: $125 & UP Procedure Time: 20 to 30 minutes / 1hour + for costume BENIFITSBy becoming a Makeup Artist you can work as a MakeupConsultant, Retail Seller, and a Makeup Specialist in variousspecial occasions makeup applications.
3. OBJECTIVEAt the conclusion of class, each student will be able to Practice Safety & Sanitation ----- Clean-Up Cleaning Methods Identify different Facial Types Describe various types of Cosmetics Basic Makeup & Corrective Makeup Understand Special-Occasion Makeup Demonstrate Basic Makeup & Corrective Makeup Procedure Perform Demo Techniques
4. Practice Safety & Sanitation Clean-Up Cleaning Methods BOARD OF BARBERING AND COSMETOLOGY Article 12. Health & Safety : Section 988 Liquids, Powers & Cosmeticsa. All liquids, creams and other cosmetic preparations shall be kept in clean and closed containers. Powders may be kept in clean shakers.b. All bottles and containers shall be distinctly & correctly labeled to disclose their contents. All bottles & containers containing poisonous substance shall be additionally & distinctly marked as such.c. When only a portion of a cosmetic preparation is to be used on a patron, it shall be removed from the container in such a way as not to contaminate the remaining portion.d. Pencil cosmetics shall be sharpened before each use.
5. Identify Different Facial TypesOVAL-SHAPED FACE ROUND FACE SQUARE-SHAPED FACETRIANGULAR FACE INVERTED TRIANGULAR DIAMOND-SHAPED FACE FACE OBLONG FACE FOREHEAD AREA NOSE & CHIN AREAS
6. Describe various types of Cosmetics FOUNDATION: aka Base Makeup; covers all over face. CONCEALERS: Hides dark eye circle, blemishes, discolor. FACE POWERS: adds a matte or dull finish to face. CHEEK COLOR: aka Blush or Rouge. LIP COLOR: aka Lip Stick or Lip Gloss. Lip Liner: Outline’s the lip. EYE SHADOWS: Applied to eyelids to accentuate them. EYELINERS: Outline and emphasize the eyes. EYEBROW COLOR: aka Eyebrow pencils; shapes eyebrow. MASCARA: Darken, thicken, and defines eyelashes. GREASEPAINT: Heavy Makeup; theatrical purposes. CAKE MAKEUP: aka Pancake Makeup; heavy coverage makeup
7. Basic MakeupWhen applying basic makeup you should be very familiar with the Theory of Makeup Color Primary Colors: Yellow, Blue, Red Secondary Colors: Orange, Green, Violet Tertiary Colors: Yellow Orange, Yellow Green, Blue Green, Blue Violet Red Violet, Red Orange Warm Colors: Yellow and gold through the oranges, to most reds Cool Colors: Suggest coolness and are dominated by blues, greens and violets. Complementary Colors: Directly opposite each other on the color wheel.
8. Basic Corrective Makeup The basic principles of Corrective Makeup is to emphasize the client’s attractive features by correcting a person’s actual facial characterists through balance, proportion, & symmetry.Most Common Corrective Facial Features: FACE SHAPES EYE EYEBROWS EYELASHES ENHANCING LIPS SKIN TONE
9. Understand Special Occasion MakeupTechniques that are used for enhancing various body features for extraordinary events. Such asFashion MakeupTheatrical MakeupSpecial Effects Makeup (FX makeup)AirbrushingBridal MakeupHigh DefinitionMost Common Areas of Special Occasion Makeup: EYES: 1. Striking Contour Eyes 2. Dramatic Smoky Eyes CHEEKS LIPS FULL FACE—FACE MASK
10. Perform Demo Techniques FACIAL SHAPES SHEET FACIAL EYE SHEET LIP SHEET SINGLE FACE SHEE T
11. DEMONSTRATION I will be Demonstrating how to properly perform a MAKEUPWe will go through all the necessary step that must be perform. PLEASE take note an ask as much question as possible. Any question or thought is a GREAT , GREAT 1
13. MAKEUP NEEDEDCheek Color Small Makeup PaletteConcealers Assorted Makeup BrushesEye Shadows Eye Shadow BrushEyeliner Pencils Blush BrushFace Power Flat or Slanted BrushFoundations Lip BrushLip Color-Lip Stick Power BrushMascara Concealer Brush
14. PROCEDURE SEQUENCE Cleansing of the FaceWash Hands Apply Cleansing Cream to FaceSet-up SMA Clean Face w/FingersWash Hands Remove Cleansing CreamAnalyze Skin Apply Astringent or TonerDrape Client Apply Moisturizer for SkinPlace Towel Across Client Blot Excess Moisturizer
15. PROCEDURE SEQUENCE Applying Makeup to the FaceBlend Foundation all over FACE Apply Eye LinerApply Concealer Apply MascaraApply Power Apply BlushTrace Eyebrow w/ Liner Apply Lip LinerApply Eye Shadow Apply Lip Stick
16. EVALUATION---SUMMARYWhat are the 7 types of Facial Shapes?Answer: Oval, Pear, Diamond, Square, Rectangle, Heart, & RoundWhat is Corrective Makeup?Answer: Makeup placement that corrects a person’s actual facial characterists to achieve balance, proportion, & symmetry.When is Special Occasion Makeup used?Answer: It is a technique that is used for enhancing various body features for extraordinary events.
17. DEMO PRACTICE You have 30 min to practice you MAKEUP PROCEDURE. Once completed please work on your other XXXX .Please start cleaning up at 4:45 pm. & get you time cards signed. HAVE A GREAT REST OF THE DAY!!!