Modern World History 1750-present Ch 18.3
>Vladimir Lenin (520)
>Communist Party (521)
>Red Army (521)
Organizing Information: Rewrite the following in the correct sequence.
 Formation of Communist Party
 Strikes and demonstrations in
 Czar’s family imprisoned
 Menshevik-Bolshevik quarrels
 Czar abdicates the throne
 October Revolution
 Duma demands reforms
 Petrograd Soviet formed
Circle the boldface word/phrase that BEST completes each statement.
1. At the beginning of WWI, Russia’s army was well prepared/poorly supplied.
2. Supplies to Russia were cut off when Greece/the Ottoman Empire entered the
3. The czar dissolved the Duma when it demanded government reforms/an end
to the war.
4. The czar lost power because he did not retain support of the Duma/army.
5. The Petrograd Soviet of Workers’ and Soldiers’ Deputies wanted more
radical/less radical changes than did the provisional government in charge.
6. The socialists believed that the people should have economic equality/the right
to vote on war.
7. The more powerful faction of the soviets, the Mensheviks/Bolsheviks, was led
by Vladimir Lenin.
8. The Bolsheviks renamed themselves the Soviet Republicans/Communist
9. The Russian decision to end the war angered the Allies/Central Powers.
10. Civil war between the Red Army, which did/did not support the monarchy,
and the Whites lasted about three years.