Modern World History 1750-present Ch 18.3
>Vladimir Lenin (520)
>Communist Party (521)
>Red Army (521)
Organizing Information: Rewrite the following in the correct sequence.
Formation of Communist Party
Strikes and demonstrations in
Czar’s family imprisoned
Czar abdicates the throne
Duma demands reforms
Petrograd Soviet formed
Circle the boldface word/phrase that BEST completes each statement.
1. At the beginning of WWI, Russia’s army was well prepared/poorly supplied.
2. Supplies to Russia were cut off when Greece/the Ottoman Empire entered the
3. The czar dissolved the Duma when it demanded government reforms/an end
to the war.
4. The czar lost power because he did not retain support of the Duma/army.
5. The Petrograd Soviet of Workers’ and Soldiers’ Deputies wanted more
radical/less radical changes than did the provisional government in charge.
6. The socialists believed that the people should have economic equality/the right
to vote on war.
7. The more powerful faction of the soviets, the Mensheviks/Bolsheviks, was led
by Vladimir Lenin.
8. The Bolsheviks renamed themselves the Soviet Republicans/Communist
9. The Russian decision to end the war angered the Allies/Central Powers.
10. Civil war between the Red Army, which did/did not support the monarchy,
and the Whites lasted about three years.