Topics • Careers in tech
• Business Plan
• Refine your app
• App description (25 mins.)
• Introduction to Business Plan ( 40 mins.)
• Work on your app (40 mins.)
• Wrap-up – (5 mins.)
• Did the girls make any process on their
draft business plan?
• Have they finalized the 100 word
• Is the logo ready?
Mentor Career Exploration
• Hear about the mentors’ careers
• Ask questions!
• Follow up with a thank you
Career Exploration Questions
A major step in career exploration is an informational interview
of people who are in the field that you are thinking of entering.
Here are some questions participants can ask their mentors:
• Describe a typical day at work
• How many hours do you normally work in a week?
• What do you see as the potential for growth in this field?
• What can I do now to help me find employment in this field?
• What do you like about your career and what don't you like
100 word description
Take some time to finalize your 100 word description. This will be
submitted as part of your final pitch for the Global Challenge:
• What is unique about your app?
• What problem do you think your app is solving?
• How are you solving the problem?
• Who is your target consumer and why would they want to use
Activity: Complete your business plan
• Business model Business plan
• Business plan components:
Team, company, and app name
Strategy & Implementation
Activity: Work on your app!
• Spend some more time working on your
• Does the app you’re creating follow the
ideas in your business plan?
• If not, which should be modified, your
app or your business plan?
• Modify your app or business plan as necessary!
• Prototype development:
Show at least the 3 functional screens of your
Beautify your app screens
• Send “Thank you” to mentor(s)