1. Find, Reserve & Renew! Discover the quick way to find library materials, keep them longer, and put a reserve on the things you want.
2. Finding & Reserving an Item by Keyword <ul><li>Your Mission: </li></ul><ul><li>Find Gone with the Wind on </li></ul><ul><li>DVD and reserve it. </li></ul>
3. Gone with Wind Type your SEARCH TERMS in the box and click FIND IT . Begin at www.westervillelibrary.org .
4. Gone with Wind, Reserve It Click on REQUEST IT to reserve the item. Browse for the item you’re interested in.
5. Gone with Wind, My Account Choose your PICKUP LOCATION and click SUBMIT . When the item is ready to pickup, you will receive a phone call or email. Enter FIRST or LAST NAME and LIBRARY CARD NUMBER , then click LOGIN .
6. Using the “ Did You Mean?” Feature <ul><li>Your Mission: </li></ul><ul><li>Find items about the </li></ul><ul><li>Emancipation </li></ul><ul><li>Proclamation . </li></ul>
7. Did you mean? If you don’t retrieve any results, try the DID YOU MEAN ____ ? feature. You’re searching for info on the emancipation proclamation .
9. Diabetes You search for DIABETES FOR DUMMIES . You’re looking for some simple & straightforward information about diabetes .
10. Diabetes Popular Works You click on Diabetes -- Popular works from the SUBJECT field. The Dummies guide is checked out, but you want to take something home…
11. Diabetes Results Simply browse through the results and choose the titles of interest to you. Now you have 87 similar titles to choose from!
12. <ul><li>Your Mission: </li></ul><ul><li>Find CDs by </li></ul><ul><li>The Beatles . </li></ul>Limiting by Author, Format & Genre.
13. Beatles Do a keyword search for BEATLES and you will get 160 results. Interested in The Beatles ?
14. Beatles, Author Now you only have 36 items to browse. Limit to only those items with the word BEATLES within the AUTHOR field.
15. Beatles, Author, CD Choose MUSIC CD from the FORMAT menu. However, you only want CDs by The Beatles, and not books or TV shows.
16. Beatles, Author, CD, Rock Choose ROCK MUSIC from the tag cloud. You are still getting the Boston Pops’ cover album in your results.
17. Limiting by Format & Subject <ul><li>Your Mission: </li></ul><ul><li>Find the TV show </li></ul><ul><li>Angel on DVD . </li></ul>
18. Angel Your keyword search brings back 1,244 results! You want to watch the TV series Angel.
19. Angel, DVD Choose DVD from the FORMAT section. You know that the series is available in DVD .
20. Angel, DVD, vampires Choose VAMPIRES from the REFINE BY TAG section. But you still get Touched by an Angel in your results, so…
21. Limiting by Tag & Location <ul><li>Your Mission: </li></ul><ul><li>Find Twilight by </li></ul><ul><li>Stephenie Meyer . </li></ul>
22. Twilight Your keyword search brings up 403 results! You want to start the popular Twilight series.
23. Twilight, vampires Choose VAMPIRES from the REFINE BY TAG section. You know the series is about vampires, so…
24. Twilight, vampires, teen Choose TEEN from the LOCATION section. However, you don’t want the movie or the large print version. You do know that the copy you want is shelved in the Teen Room .
25. Note: Twilight Meyer Use the keywords TWILIGHT MEYER to narrow your results. But say you know that the Twilight author’s last name is Meyer .
26. Using the “Truncation” Feature <ul><li>Your Mission: </li></ul><ul><li>Find books about </li></ul><ul><li>bakers , bakeries or </li></ul><ul><li>baking . </li></ul>
27. Bakery But you don’t want to have to do a separate keyword search for each word. You want to browse books about bakeries , bakers OR baking .
28. Baker* Search BAKER * to find items with the keywords bakery , bakers , bakeries , etc. To include all of your possible search terms…
29. Bak * Your search will bring back items with any word that begins with bak , including Maisy Bakes a Cake , Baking Unplugged , books by Jenny Bak and more. You can even do a keyword search for BAK*.
30. Using the “Quotation Marks” Feature <ul><li>Your Mission: </li></ul><ul><li>Find books about </li></ul><ul><li>running a small business . </li></ul>
31. Small Business Your keyword search brings back 401 results! You’re looking for books about running a small business .
32. Small Business, Example But not necessarily the term small business . Your results bring back items with the words small and business …
33. Small Business, Quotes Search “ SMALL BUSINESS” and you now have 285 results. To limit your results, use quotation marks with your search.
34. Small Business, Quotes, Examples And not about small dogs minding their own business . Here you see that this item is specifically about small businesses …
35. <ul><li>Your Mission: </li></ul><ul><li>Find picture books </li></ul><ul><li>about fall . </li></ul>Limiting by Subject & Format
36. Fall, Explore Related Searches Click on EXPLORE RELATED SEARCHES and choose AUTUMN instead. You want to find books about the fall season . The keyword search FALL brings back 2,305 results! But you want to limit results to titles about the season.
37. Fall, Picture Books Choose PICTURE BOOKS from the FORMAT section. Now you can limit your search to picture books to read to your toddler.
38. Limiting to Items in the Library <ul><li>Your Mission: </li></ul><ul><li>Find audiobooks by </li></ul><ul><li>James Patterson that </li></ul><ul><li>are available for </li></ul><ul><li>immediate checkout . </li></ul>
39. James Patterson audiobook Search JAMES PATTERSON and limit to AUDIOBK CD . You want a James Patterson audiobook for a long road trip this weekend.
40. James Patterson audiobk, in library use Simply choose AT THE LIBRARY from the AVAILABILITY field to see only those titles that are immediately available for checkout. Now you want to make sure you are only looking at items that are immediately available for checkout.
41. Renewing An Item <ul><li>Your Mission: </li></ul><ul><li>To renew your James </li></ul><ul><li>Patterson audiobook </li></ul><ul><li>so that you can keep it </li></ul><ul><li>for another 2 weeks. </li></ul>
42. Renew items Go to www.westervillelibrary.org , click on LOGIN , then enter your FIRST or LAST NAME and LIBRARY CARD NUMBER . You’ve checked out an item and it’s time to either return it or try to renew it .
43. Renew items 2 If your renewal was not successful, it could be for a number of reasons. Please see a staff member for more details. Select the CHECKBOX next to the items you want to renew, then click RENEW SELECTED ITEMS .