Classifying Matter Scavenger Hunt Wendy Gonzalez
Element Sn: Tin
- The tin can is an example of tin because tin is an element of a pure substance made up of a single atom .
- Water is a pure substance made of 2 or more elements chemically combined. Composed of 2 Hydrogen's and 1 Oxygen.
- Salt is a compound because it is a made out of elements. For example, NaCl.
- This is a mixture because it is made up of 2 substances will the milk and cereal.
Mixture A Printer
- A printer is composed of many wires, ink, medal polls, and other electronics . Two or more substances made into a new substance.
Mixture A Blanket
- A this object is made out of lots of thread and other colors. Made out of pure substances.
Homogeneous Mixture Sugar water
- Sugar water is a homogeneous mixture because when the sugar water dissolves in the water the water stays the same.
Homogeneous Mixture Corn Oil
- Corn oil is a homogeneous because when it is poured in water it doesn’t change into a new substance. But it separates from the water flooding at the top the the water.
Heterogeneous Mixture Tea
- Tea is a heterogeneous mixture because it is using 2 substances, water and a tea baggie, making it into a new substance into tea.
Heterogeneous Mixture Cupcake
- A cupcake is a heterogeneous mixture because it is using more than 2 substances to, flour, oil, eggs, etc. All of these are used and combined to make a new substance.