Patients, Pain & Their Perceptions: Powerful Techniques to Help Patients Manage Pain
- 290 views
Pain management is more than meds. Rather, it is about building a relationship with the patient and together finding the best method of managing pain. At times, healthcare professionals cannot ...
Pain management is more than meds. Rather, it is about building a relationship with the patient and together finding the best method of managing pain. At times, healthcare professionals cannot completely remove all pain. However, even patients experiencing some pain (that is tolerable) can still have an excellent patient experience. Choosing the right words is as important as choosing the right medications.
In this content-rich and high-energy event you will learn the following:
• Surefire methods of communicating with patients through the continuum of care (pre-hospitalization, in-patient and post-hospitalization).
• Top tips to improve your bottom line by increasing reimbursement via increasing scores on this common patient satisfaction survey question, "How often was your pain well controlled?"
• How to avoid patients from becoming angry and frustrated regarding their pain management. (Once a patient's situation escalates to a significant level of emotional intensity, it will very difficult to change their perceptions; prevention is the key!)
• Reworking the commonly used "1-10 pain scale" to focus on a more detailed, yet simple to administer method.
• Communicating with patients about the addition of non-pharmaceutical methods of pain management. Both methods can be blended to create super-satisfied patients!
Pain management is more than managing the pain; it is also about managing the perceptions.
About the Speaker
Edward Leigh, MA, is the Founder & Director of The Center for Healthcare Communication. He is a national expert on patient-centered care and raising patient satisfaction scores. He focuses on creating productive healthcare environments through dramatically improved communication between patients and professionals. He is an in-demand keynote speaker, workshop leader, consultant & coach. He has appeared on The Today Show, MSNBC News, The Discovery Channel & The Oprah Winfrey Network.
- Total Views
- Views on SlideShare
- Embed Views