ABOUT Yummy Fast Food Ltd• worlds largest Chinese quick servicerestaurant group established in 1998• more than 75 self-service fast foodrestaurants• known for quality food and services• one of the top 10 Best in CorporateManagement in Hong Kong
PROBLEMS & NEEDS ANALYSISFor Yummy Fast Food Ltd.
Acquisition of Perfect Catering1• ‘Perfect’ staff brings in new workingculture• ‘Perfect’ and ‘Yummy’ got differentcultures2• Changes to company structures only• Ignore needs of new comers for adaption3• Great impacts on morale, performance +relationships among new and old staff
1. Impacts on FrontlineStaff:- Do not get along- No trust, no bonding2. Impacts on CompanyPolicies:- No uniform standards forreview system- Senior/Team managershas new responsibilitiesafter the acquisition1. To be reminded of the‘Corporate Vision’2. Social bonding betweentwo parties3. Attitude change for bothparties4. Changes to old systems:- fairer review system- training for senior/teammanagers to motivate teammembersProblems Needs
BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIESFor Yummy Fast Food Ltd.
• Able to leadand motivatetheir teams towork for thecommon good• Strategies forteam-buildingandleadership• Did little aboutdisputes &fostercooperationamongcolleagues• Lack ofshared vision& synergy• ManagersTarget ProblemEffectContentProgram 1Leadership and Team-Building ForManagers
• Being acompetentperformanceappraiser• Professionaldevelopmentfor anappraisalsystem withethics &• No uniformstandards forreview system• ManagersTarget ProblemEffectContentProgram 2Manager As Appraiser
• Equipped withcommunicationand inter-personal skillsfor goalachieving• Work oncollaboration,team andmotivation• Different workstyles• Different viewsof operations• All staffincludingmanagersTarget ProblemEffectContentProgram 3How to Win Friendship in Workplace
• Tangible gains: course fee ~$163,000• Intangible gains: programevaluation, reputation etc.Estimation• Short-term opportunity: program forstaff• Long-term opportunity: program formanagersEvaluation• Propose up-to-date trainingprograms for managers• Keep track of Yummy’s satisfactionlevelSuggestion
ProjectPhase 1 (ontarget):Define BusinessContext &Strategic Need Phase 2 (ontarget):Frame theIssues &ConcernsPhase 3 (currentstage):Gather and analyzedataPhase 4:Design necessarychangesPhase 5:Implement andmobilizePhase 6:Assessment& Follow up
Progress summaryPhase 1 & 2:reviewed information given by the clientsPhase 3:Enquired for more company informationdetailsConducted field observations and surveysExit interview with employee
Possible difficulties• Difficulties in assess to data (internal andexternal)• Anxious employees• Unanticipated threats• Unsuitability of design details• Low involvement of the client• behind schedule