2. UCSB Facts Facts About UCSB UCSB! UCSB! UCSB! UCSB! Woo! Nickname Gauchos, ‘Chos Location Santa Barbara Different Colleges & Schools of UCSB. The College Of letters & Science. The College of Engineering. The college of trading studies.
3. Diversity Graph Of UCSB American Indian/Alaskan Native 1% African American 3% Chicano 15% Latino 5% Asian/Pacific Islander/ E.Indian/Pakastan 13% Filipino 3% Caucasian 53% Other 7%
4. UCSB Freshman Statistics Data Freshman Applicants 47,083 Admitted 23,187 (49%) GPA (Admitted) 4.03 Average GPA SAT (Admitted) 1871 SAT Score Freshmen Enrolled 4,387 GPA (Enrolled) 3.24 Mean GPA SAT (Enrolled) 1782 Mean SAT Score
5. Transfer Application Statistics Applicants 9,017 Admitted 6,090 (68.3%) Enrolled 1,605 GPA 3.10 Mean GPA
6. UCSB has a luscious and gorgeous scenery, along with highly intellectual people. It’s close to the beach, so you can have fun in the sun when not working on school work. It also offers nice weather and majors as well. I would choose UCSB because it is and overall great university. It also offers the major I want as well. This is why I choose UCSB. UCSB Campus
7. Major Requirements : You must have Yearly Progress Checks from the ECE Undergraduate Advisor. You must, of course, be eligible for UCSB and be accepted. When I am applying for admission to UCSB, I must declare the “pre-Major” of computer engineering. What is a “Pre-Major”? Pre-Majors take the required lower level courses (Courses numbered 1-99). I must also meet a certain GPA. At the end of the quarter, I must petition to get into the full Major, in my sophomore year. I must meet one of these 2 requirements. (Next Slide)
8. Option A: I must complete UCSB with a pass in 6 core classes which is required as preparation for the Computer Engineering major with a GPA of at least 3.0. These core classes are known as: Mathematics 3A-C, 5A; Computer Science 16, 24, 32, 40; Electrical and Computer Engineering 2A-C, 15A-B. If I don’t complete these courses with a GPA of at least 3.0, all core classes partially completed will be put against my GPA.
9. Option B Option B: Option B is pretty short. All I have to do is complete all 13 core classes with a University standard GPA of 2.75.
10. In order for me to graduate, I must first complete one of the options I listed in the pervious slides. Now the one I would pick is Option B. It is pretty simple to complete. Now the courses that I must complete are: Mathematics 3A-C, 5A; Computer Science 16, 24, 32, 40; Electrical and Computer Engineering 2A-C, 15A-B. Once I complete that, I can move on to my major. If I graduate my major I would Get a PhD and Masters Degree. As an undergraduate, I would get a Bachelors Degree. Burritos… UCSB! ‘Chos! UCSB! ‘Chos! UCSB! ‘Chos!
11. !,Mascot,! <ul><li>The mascot of UCSB is fun and cheery. </li></ul><ul><li>His name is The Gaucho! </li></ul><ul><li>He supports the team, and UCSB in a awesome way. </li></ul><ul><li>He is funny looking. </li></ul>Tacos…. Go UCSB! It is da best! Good Majors! Andale Andale Ariva Ariva!! UCSB Gauchos!!
12. UCSB Location 1,055 acres on the California coast about 100 miles northwest of Los Angeles. It was established in 1994. It has great scenery and nice sunsets. It also had great weather, not too hot, not too -Gorgeous Sunset cold. It also has nice palms for a shady area to read a book. <-Cool Palms