2. “Change is inevitable, except from vending machines.” Stephen Fry
3. how can you engage employees?
4. 1. directionwhat’s the story?
5. three big goals by 2020 HELP SOURCE HALVE 1 BILLION ENVIRONMENTAL 100% PEOPLE IMPROVE OF AGRICULTURAL FOOTPRINT OF THEIR HEALTH RAW MATERIALS OUR PRODUCTS & WELLBEING SUSTAINABLY
6. its all in the telling Global Company You issues strategy
7. 2. performanceclear line of sight
8. performance - top tips• Clarify functional objectives• Target opinion formers• Sync with business planning cycle• Feedback & reward.
9. 3. capabilityjoin up the dots
10. M&S capacity building• embedded in all appropriate training programmes• leadership framework ‘the leadership brand’• Plan A Champions in all stores and depots
11. capability - top tips• who are the key populations?• horizontal collaboration & alignment• networks- join the dots.
12. 4. involvementmaking it their own
13. involvement- top tips• Don’t have all the answers• Don’t do it all at once• Advocates• Use existing meeting forums.
14. engaging employees• Direction- communicating why and how• Performance- individuals making sense of the strategy• Capability- what people need to know and be able to do• Involvement- owning and adapting the strategy