1. Search and Brand RelevanceSearch Sweet BrandRanking Spot Relevance
2. Brand association with key attributes via search / social Social Listening Brand Studies / Surveys? Search Insights – keywords, ranking, competitive Web Analytics – Referrals, Page view relevancy, engagement, content consumption
3. Executive approach to search reporting What do executives care about? Brand insights from search and social data Competitive insights Impact of search and social marketing programs Marketing mix – what should I do more of? What should I stop doing Blindspots – real-time insights into the business
4. Share of voice – how tomeasure and what to do
5. Social media impact to search and analyticsYour Website Search Rankings
6. Connecting tools for better tracking and/or measurement How do I put it all together? Which tool leads? SEO Tool SEM Tool Social Analytics / Listening Tools Web Analytics Tool Marketing Automation Tool BI Tool CRM Tool
7. Gaps or Hard Parts of Analysis at VMware Limited end-to-end reporting (drop-off at Partner data) Accuracy of the data (need to multi-source) Quality of back-link data Lack of integrated SEO and SEM analytics tool Social tools not deep enough (sentiment isn’t enough) Is Social Media measurable to business impact? Customer satisfaction data in real-time
9. AI MessagingR CompetitionPO KeywordsR Target AudienceT BudgetLearnIngs
10. Competitive Information that Isnt on Your Dashboard○ Newspaper Ads○ Magazines Ads○ Store Fronts
11. Insights from SearchSearch Volume Insights Lipstick Example
12. What To Do with Insight Information? Use it to educate the Press people on their really, really important role in search visibility Show them Use it to show the relative volume of specific phrases so that web marketers and web content developers/writers can understand more of the keyword analysis results Find out what Google thinks are related words – use them! Example – Google SSL – Data Driven product managers want to know!
13. Cross company sharing of insights – how, why, when, to whom SALES• PHONE • PRODUCT• TWITTER MARKETING • TELESALES • EVENTS/CAMPAIGNS• ONLINE • DIRECT• CHAT • ONLINE STORE OWNERS CUSTOMER MARKETING SUPPORT
14. What is really looks like. CustomerSales Marketing Service Online Corporate Online Everything Everything Phone Else Else
15. Marketing Tools Issues SEM/Paid Advertising Lead Generation Events/Webinars.. CEO PR/IR Corporate Look and Feel Website/WebContent/Analytics/ Etc Social?
16. Follow This (me, us, you)A. Someone writes about your company on their blog (an influential thought leader type). They put a link to your site! Good!B. Someone clicks on the Like button and off the link and content goes to Facebook. (lost tracking!)C. Someone see the link on their Facebook wall and thinks the link is interesting and tweets about it. Good Public again.D. Someone retweets but leaves the link off but uses your brand in their hash tag? Good or Bad?E. Someone shares the tweet on Google Circles. (Private again. Lost tracking!)Remember that ALL external links into your web content (regardless of where that content resides) helps search visibility
17. Thank you. JohnForrester, jforrester@vmw are.com Barbara Coll, email@example.com