1. 2012 Future of Energy SummitKaliyur SridharanGrowth & Strategy Leader, Digital Energy
2. Smart Grid Opportunity Landscape Power Generation Transmission & Distribution Commercial & Industrial Residential & Community Copper Fiber Wireless Industrial CommunicationsCore Generation optimization Grid diagnostics & visualization Asset monitoring & diagnostics Smart meters Renewable integration Reliability & demand forecasting Backup power mgmt & control Wireless AMI Distributed generation mgmt Grid protection & control Energy management systems Smart appliances Microgrids Fault detection & restoration Plant load management Protection & control Wide area measurement system Protection & control Substation digitization Sub-metering TOU Reporting Transformers & voltage management Distribution, outage mgmt systems Geospatial information systemsEmerging Field Force Automation Storage management Energy storage systems Demand management Home area networks Intermittency Management Cyber security Demand response Renewable integration Solutions as a Service Billing automation Demand response & TOU pricing Advanced analytics Home energy use monitoring SG network planning & design PHEV integration Neighborhood Microgrids
3. GE Innovation Centres 3 GE Confidential & Proprietary Information. GE © 2011 –– All Rights Reserved
4. Calgary Customer Innovation Centre Mining Energy Rail Aviation Capital Home & Business Capital Healthcare 4 GE Company Proprietary
5. Digital Energy - Grid IQ Center TM Research &Manufacturing Complexo State of the art demonstration centero Over 15 high tech collaboration roomo Fully accredited NPI development Lab Opening Sept. 2012 Grid IQ is a trademark of General Electric Company.
6. Smart Grid Fuels Innovation Domain Application (P&C, Automation, Comms, Sensing, S/W……) Develop IP creation/patents (solving problems with technology) Innovation networks (customers, vendors, universities) Research Fundamental technology development (IP investments)