3. The Fellowship of Christian Athletes is touching millions of lives … one heart at a time. Since 1954, FCA has been challenging coaches and athletes on the professional, college, high school, junior high and youth levels to use the powerful medium of athletics to impact the world for Jesus Christ. FCA is the largest Christian sports ministry in America. FCA focuses on serving local communities by equipping, empowering and encouraging people to make a difference for Christ.
5. The FCA Vision To see the world impacted for Jesus Christ through the influence of athletes and coaches.
6. The FCA Mission To present to athletes and coaches and all whom they influence the challenge and adventure of receiving Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord, serving Him in their relationships and in the fellowship of the church.
7. The Ministries of FCA <ul><li>The FCA Ministries seeks to encourage, equip and empower coaches and athletes on the professional, college, high school, junior high and youth levels to use the powerful medium of sports to impact their world for Jesus Christ. The FCA Ministries are: </li></ul><ul><ul><ul><ul><ul><li>Coaches Ministry </li></ul></ul></ul></ul></ul><ul><ul><ul><ul><ul><li>Campus Ministry </li></ul></ul></ul></ul></ul><ul><ul><ul><ul><ul><li>Camp Ministry </li></ul></ul></ul></ul></ul><ul><ul><ul><ul><ul><li>Community Ministry </li></ul></ul></ul></ul></ul>
8. Ministry Fundamentals SHARE Him Boldly ... SEEK Him Passionately ... LEAD Others Faithfully ... LOVE Others Unconditionally …
9. Core Values Our relationships will demonstrate steadfast commitment to Jesus Christ and His Word through Integrity , Serving , Teamwork and Excellence . Integrity – We will demonstrate Christ-like wholeness, privately and publicly. Serving – We will model Jesus’ example of serving. Teamwork – We will express our unity in Christ in all our relationships. Excellence – We will honor and glorify God in all we do.
11. Ministry Distinctives <ul><li>Christ Centered…focus of our message </li></ul><ul><li>Bible Based…source of our authority </li></ul><ul><li>Spiritually Nurturing…helping people to know and grow in Christ </li></ul><ul><li>Volunteer Intensive…mobilizing adults to accomplish the mission </li></ul><ul><li>Athletically Focused…ministering to coaches and athletes </li></ul><ul><li>Kingdom Minded…serving the purpose of the Church </li></ul><ul><li>Fellowship Oriented…connecting people through the love of Christ </li></ul><ul><li>Faith Financed…funded through people moved by God to give </li></ul><ul><li>Culturally Adaptive…meeting the diverse needs of people </li></ul>
12. Coaches Ministry At the heart of FCA are coaches. Our role is to minister to them by encouraging and equipping them to know and serve Christ. FCA ministers to coaches through Heart of a Coach program, Bible studies, staff contacts, prayer support, discipleship and mentoring, Behind the Bench (a program for coaches wives), resources, outreach events, national and local conventions, conferences and retreats.
13. Campus Ministry The Campus Ministry is initiated and led by student-athletes and coaches on junior high, high school and college campuses. The programs of the Campus Ministry include Huddles, Team Bible Studies, Assembly Programs, Chapel Programs, TeamFCA Membership, One Way 2 Play – Drug Free! and Special Events .
14. Camp Ministry Camps are a time of “inspiration and perspiration” for athletes and coaches to reach their potential by offering comprehensive athletic, spiritual and leadership training. The types of FCA Camps are: Sports Power Leadership Team Coaches Partnership
15. Community Ministry The non-school based FCA ministries reach the community through partnerships with the local churches, businesses, parents and volunteers. These ministries not only reach out to the community, but also allow the community to invest in athletes and coaches. Community Ministries include: Stewardship Ministries, Adult Ministries, Sport-Specific Ministries, TeamFCA, Urban Initiatives, Clinics, Product and Resource Development, and Professional Athlete Ministries.