1. An integrated Strategy
for Online Marketing:
Search & Email.
Google – Chris Baggott
2. Core Marketing Philosophy:
“Some people try to find things in this game that
don't exist but football is only two things - blocking
3. Two Stages to All Relationships:
4. Search is the Acquisition Tool
44% of all web visits begin with a search
37% of people type a URL directly into the
“…..they (search engines) ultimately want
to be your access point for anything
connected to the Web.
Harvard Business Review
5. Pubic Relations
6. Average Click Rates:
74.5% organic results
Total $ spent on Search:
$5.5 bbl on PPC
$660 mm on organic
7. In Forrester’s interviews, the most frequently mentioned
benefits of blogging were: greater
visibility in mainstream media, on
the Web, and word of mouth;
improved brand perception;
instantaneous consumer feedback;
increased sales efficiency; and
fewer customer service-driven PR
8. Why Blogging works for SEO
• Recent Content
• Lots of Content
• Links both out and inbound
Relevance = Satisfaction
9. Know your keywords!
10. Taking the Relationship to the Next Level
11. Pop Quiz:
Why do relationships fail?
12. Why is listening so important?
13. Why is listening so important?
Can you hear me
So you can respond appropriately
14. There only three ways to listen and respond appropriately:
15. There only three ways to listen and respond appropriately:
16. Email is the greatest marketing tool
of all time
2. Driven by Data
17. “CRM is reemerging as a basic business enabler
for revenue acceleration and retention
management. . . and email is the core enabling
“Email is the Engine that Drives Relationships”
Source: Forrester Research, Inc.The Top Marketing
18. Talk to people like you know them
•Visited with 3 girlfriends
•Cold & Rained
•Trying to decide if
he should take
family to beach or
•Leads Youth Group
•Visited 5 times
22. Simple Relationship Building:
23. Jupiter Report
The ROI of Relevance
24. Email Deliverability
25. Top Reasons Emails Are Filtered:
• Recipient Complaints!!!
• Poor or Insufficient Permission
• Content, Volume or List Quality
Filtering (spam traps)
• Email Format, Faulty HTML
• IP Address and Domain
• Lack of ISP Compliance
Your email practices are the single
most important factor in determining if
your email will be delivered.
•To Whom do you email?
• What do you email?
•When do you email?
•Why are you sending this to me?
The answers to these questions will
help determine the kind of reputation
and the success you will have as a
27. Back to Relationships……
31. Contact Information:
Google – Chris Baggott