The China Compass - Figures, Forecast and Analysis - January 2014
- 444 views
The China Compass: ...
The China Compass:
• Combines basic country data for China, as well as other major world economies, with more detailed analysis of a wide range of macroeconomic and social data
• Presents a comprehensive picture of the ever-changing and evolving Chinese landscape
• Contains up-to-date statistics, topical themes and insights
• Is presented in a reader-friendly format as a useful desk reference for executives with a China agenda
Since our last edition, developed economies have slowly recovered from the after-effects of the global financial crisis, leading to a brighter global economic outlook. However, with China's GDP growth easing to 7.8% in 2012 and 7.7% year-on-year in the first three quarters of 2013, corporations and governments alike are grappling with the realisation that China's era of double-digit growth is over, and are searching for clarity to appropriately shape their future agenda with and in China.
Internally, China's fifth generation of leaders led by President Xi Jinping must convince an immense bureaucracy to implement an ambitious economic blueprint for the next decade. The blueprint includes long-anticipated economic and social reforms aimed at keeping China's increasingly complex economy on a path of sustainable growth.
The theme for this edition is 'China's Ongoing Transformation', which covers China's changing political, economic and social patterns, to complement regular sections including:
• Selected Macroeconomic Indicators
• Domestic Consumption and Foreign Trade
• Domestic and Foreign Investment
• Financial Indicators
• Social Indicators
We trust that this edition of The China Compass will continue to offer insights on past developments, current issues and future prospects of the Chinese economy, shedding light on this fascinating and complex story.
As always, we welcome and appreciate all feedback.
- Total Views
- Views on SlideShare
- Embed Views