1. Weekly News from WCUMC-5/12/2013Sharing the transforming love of Jesus, across the street and around the world.The Holy Spirit: A Smart Choice inPersonal NavigationJesus lived relying on the direction of the Holy SpiritJesus relied on the Holy Spirit in Luke.Jesus life was guided by the Holy Spirit.The Holy Spirit needs to be in our life before we can be effective.The Christian life is not the life we live for God, but allowingGods spirit to live through us.The Holy Spirit not only provides directions, He is our direction.Jesus had to go so we could experience the Holy Spirit.Why are so many living a spirit-less life?Some arent aware of the Holy Spirit.Some resist the Holy Spirit.The Holy Spirit:Comforts us.Guides us.Convicts us.
2. Gives us the power to be His witness.Witness is telling your story.Faith is not private and personal, it is public and practical.THIS WEEK AT WCUMCSunday - 5/12Evening Prayer, 5:30 PM, Prayer RoomMonday - 5/13Talk Time, 6:00 PM, Crossfire RoomMen of Integrity, 7:00 PM, Memorial RoomTuesday - 5/14Womens Bible Study (BSO), 9:30 AM, SanctuaryMens Morning Bible Study, 9:45 PM, Room 11Sewing Group, 6:30 PM, Memorial RoomMinistry Steering Team, 7:00 PM. Room 11Wednesday - 5/15Womens Bible Study, 10:00 AM, Memorial RoomPrison Ministry meets in Church parking lot at 5:40 PMYouth Group, 7:00 PM, Crossfire RoomThursday - 5/16Friday - 5/17Connections Fair set-up, 1:00 PM. Celebration HallSaturday - 5/18Mens Saturday Morning Group, 7:30 AM, CHCelebration of Life Potluck for Ron Felger, 2:00 PMOutdoor Adventures - Kayak to Jetty Island
3. Sunday - 5/19Nursery Care is available in the Children’s Wing10:30 AM Worship ServiceTweeners Class for 5th-8th graders, 11:00 AM, Memorial RoomConnections Fair, 12:00 - 3:00 PM, Celebration HallEvening Prayer, 5:30 PM, Prayer RoomThe Felger family invites all to join them on Saturday, May 18for a Celebration of Life potluck in honor of Ron Felger. TheCelebration will be help at 2:00 PM in The Gathering Place.
4. Connections FairMay 19, 2013 12 Noon - 3:00 PMEVERYONE IS INVITED to a fun fellowship event with a Country Fairtheme! Come join us in the Celebration Hall on May 19 from noon - 3:00pm for food, games and a time to see displays showcasing ministryopportunities at our church.Adults, kids and teens––everyone is invited to come!Here are some of the things we’ll be having:12 noon - 1:00 pmTime to eat! Chili, corn bread and hotdogs!Do you have a great chili recipe? Why notbe part of the Chili Cook-off? Maybe you’llwin “Staff Favorite”or “Crowd-pleasing Chili”.1:00 pm - 2:00 pm- Bake Sale run by the Youth Department(Proceeds benefit youth ministries)- Cake Walk, sponsored by Children’sMinistriesWould you like to bake a cake or cupcakesfor this event?- Games for the KidsWould you like to head up a game forkids like ring toss, bean bag toss, othergameor face painting?- Square Dancing2:00 - 3:00 pm• Raffle ticket drawings begin!Kids’ drawings first!You will receive one raffle ticket forcoming to the fair, and oneticket for each ministry booth that youvisit. These will be entered in a drawingfor some really great prizes. Win one of
5. several great prizes: Grand Prize - Kindle Fire + coffee table book of theSeattle 1962 World’s Fair, collectible dolls and stuffed animals, and abasket of delicious jams, pickles and other goodies.Would you be willing to donate a raffle prize?If you are able to help, please sign up in the Narthex.VOLUNTEERS NEEDED:Chili Cookers - contact Don Morgan at firstname.lastname@example.orgHelp with Kids Games - contact the Church officeHelp with set-up on Friday, May 17 at 1:00 PMSupport Our ChildrenSummer Camp ProgramsJuly 8 - 12 - KidShine Performing Arts Day CampJuly 22 - 26 - Vacation Bible SchoolAug. 5 - 9 - Twinlow Summer Day CampAug. 19 - 21 - Mega Sports CampWe need volunteer support in all areas for all of these Childrens Ministryprograms plus we have Sunday Morning Openings for all ages. Pleasecontact Rev. Lindsay Eklund if you want to experience the joy of showingGods love to our children.
6. Our Spring Baby Bottle Campaign Begins TodayJoin with us and support women in our community facing unplannedpregnancies by participating in our fund-raising campaign.Pick up a baby bottle, fill it with yourspare change, cash or a check, andreturn it on Fathers Day, June 16.Small ChangeChanges Lives.You’re invited to the BSO BrunchMay 21 9:30 am -12:30 pmCelebration HallA Dramatic Presentation of the life ofDr. Margaret BrandOn May 21, Bible Study Outreach is hosting a brunch featuring SusieTucker of Faith Heroines Alive, who will present one of her one womanshows.At the brunch Susie will bring alive the story ofMargaret Brand.Dr. Margaret Brand went with her husband Dr.Paul Brand to Vellore, India as medicalmissionaries in the late 1940’s. Both Paul andMargaret pioneered treatments for patientssuffering from leprosy, Paul in the field oforthopedics and Margaret specializing in theeye diseases related to leprosy.They did all this while raising an adventurousgroup of six children, and they remainedhumble about their accomplishments, giving
7. the credit to God for all that occurred. Margaret and Paul finished theircareers in Carville, Louisiana and retired to Seattle in the 1980’s. Paulwent to be with the Lord in 2003. Margaret lives in Covenant Shoresretirement complex on Mercer Island. She is excited that her story isbeing presented to groups today.If you would like to come, RSVP, as seating is limited. If childcare isneeded, please also let them know the number and ages of childrencoming. RSVP to Heather Kreeck, 425-806-6945.Outdoor AdventuresAll Outdoor Adventure trips are open to family and friends. A greatopportunity to invite non-Christians to a non-threatening churchsponsored event!Beginner’s Kayaking Trip to Jetty Island off of Everett - Saturday, May18th.See seals, eagles, and shipwrecks as we explore Everett’s waterfrontjewel. We’ll meet in Everett at 11:00 AM. Please sign up early in theNarthex to reserve one of the limited openings. Cost is $5 per personplus $3 parking fee. We supply the equipment, you supply the sense ofadventure. This trip is appropriate for people 5 years or older.Dungeness Spit Kayaking-Hiking-Camping Trip - Friday-Sunday, June14-16th,We camp at Dungeness Recreation area near Sequim, Washington onFriday and Saturday nights (we have some camping equipment fornewbies). On Saturday, half our group kayaks to the lighthouse at theend of the spit while the other half hikes out (about 5 miles). Then weswitch off and the other half kayaks back while the kayakers hike back -a full body work out in a beautiful location. Sunday we breakcamp and have an outdoor worship service overlooking the Strait of Juande Fuca.Afterwards for those interested, we will go see the animals at theOlympic Game Farm. Warning, this is no zoo. You really get up close andpersonal with buffaloes and other impressive animals (like Grizzly
8. Bears!). Then it’s back home on the ferry.Cost: $20 per person (includes 2 nights camping and use of the kayaks),plus ferry fees. Olympic game farm charges $11 per adult. This is a verypopular trip so sign up soon in the narthex. Unfortunately because of thecost involved, we are asking people to put down a $10 deposit to reserveyour spot.If you have questions on any of these events, please contact Bob orSandy Clemence at 425-486-0762.Your generosity and community spirit allow us to provide fresh food(milk, eggs, meat) in addition to canned goods. We are also thankful forthe generous donation of bread from Panera and Franz. An extra item ortwo each shopping trip is all it takes to fill up your "cool green bag" forpick-up every other month.We also need monetary support, team support and Food Drive support.For more information, contact Della at email@example.com or 206-999-1753.This Weeks Needs:Dry CerealPeanut ButterChili / Beef-a-Roni / Spaghetti-OsHamburger HelperThank you for your continued support.www.woodinvillestorehouse.org
9. Financial SnapshotGeneral Fund:Income for week ended 4/28/2013 $ 12,380Income, weekly avg. year to date $ 10,203Expenses, weekly average, year-to-date $ 10,068Expenses, weekly avg. budget $ 10,413Faith Promise Monthly Support:Beginning Balance 11/1/12 $ 21,016Total Pledges 2012-2013 $ 90,342Received to date $ 43,822Disbursed to date $ 51,040Prayer Chain RequestsPrayer Chain requests call Barbara Clark 425-483-3885. After 6:00 PMcall Mary Harvey at 425-827-2883 or call the church at 425-483-5252during office hours.We hope to see you in church this Sunday and God Bless.Have a great week!This newsletter is published by Woodinville Community United Methodist Church for ourmembers, friends and all who love Jesus. Our vision is "To Share the Transforming Love ofJesus Christ Across the Street and Around the World". If you are looking for a church homewith loving, devoted followers of our Lord, Jesus Christ, we invite you to attend our SundayWorship Service at 10:30 each Sunday. We are located at 17110 140th Ave NE, Woodinville,WA 98072. Learn more at www.wcumc.org.