1. Weekly News from WCUMC-12/16/2012Sharing the transforming love of Jesus, across the street and around the world. "Advent 2012 Christ Our Joy"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him,so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13In the midst of sin and sorrow, we can have the joy of Christ in ourhearts by knowing Christ is with us.God promises joy through His presence in our lives. God lives in our midst when we invite Him into our lives.God promises security as we trust in His presence. When we continue with worry and fear, we guarantee that God will not give us the peace and security His presence brings.Joyful living involves obedience to God and His ways. Joy is not complete unless Jesus is at the core of our lives. In the Christian life, obedience = joy.Joyful living is God-centered, Spirit-filled living. Do not confuse worldly happiness with the joyful living that comes only through Christ.The 3rd Sunday of Advent reminds us that real joy is the joy of Jesus Christ.
2. THIS WEEK AT WCUMCSunday - 12/16 Evening Prayer, 5:30 PM, Prayer RoomMonday - 12/17 Talk Time - 7:00 PM, Crossfire Room Storehouse Meeting 7:00 PM, Rm 14 No Men of Integrity meetingTuesday - 12/18 Womens Bible Study (BSO), 9:30 - 11:30 AM, Sanctuary Mens Bible Study, 9:45 AM, Room 10Wednesday - 12/19 Choir Practice - 7:15 PM, Sanctuary Prison Ministry meets in Church parking lot at 5:40 PM Youth Group 7:00 PM, Crossfire RoomThursday - 12/20 SPR meeting before the Charge Conference, 6:00 PM Charge Conference, 7:00 PM. SanctuaryFriday - 12/21Saturday - 12/22 Mens Saturday Morning Group, 7:30 AM, CHSunday - 12/23 Sunday School classes 9:00 AM Nursery Care is available in the Children’s Wing 10:30 AM Worship Service
3. IMPORTANT NEWS AND EVENTS ANNUAL CHARGE CONFERENCE Thursday, Dec. 20 7:00 PMAll members are invited to attend this importantmeeting to approve 2013 Lay Leadership and approvalof staff salaries.
4. We are collecting hats, gloves and thermal socks for men and women inneed. Items may be placed on or under the Christmas Tree in thefoyer. Thank you for your support. Coming In JanuaryLife-Changing Lessons from the PsalmsWednesday Womens Bible Study10-11:30 AM beginning January 9, 2013The Gospel of John (continues)Tuesday Bible Study Outreach9:30 - 11:30 AM beginning January 8Daddy Is That Story True or Were You Just Preaching (continues)Open Door Class, Chapters 23 and 249:00 AM beginning Sunday, January 6
5. Youth SNOZONE 2013 - Mt. Baker February 20 -22 $175 $15 Discout if paid by February 1 $10 OFF for you and each NEW friend Woodinville Storehouse Food BankThis Weeks Needs: Tomato sauce Chili Ravioli Peanut Butter Tuna Canned FruitThank you for your continued support.www.woodinvillestorehouse.org
6. - Financial Snapshot General Fund: Income for week ended 12/09/2012 $ 9,012 Income, weekly avg. year to date $ 9,393 Expenses, weekly average, year-to-date $ 9,419 Expenses, weekly avg. budget $ 10,214 Faith Promise Monthly Support: Beginning Balance 11/1/12 $ 21,016 Total Pledges 2012-2013 $ 90,342 Received to date $ 7,852 Disbursed to date $ 7,150Prayer ChainPrayer Chain requests call the Church Office at 425-483-5252 or emailyour requests to email@example.com.We hope to see you in church this Sunday and God Bless.Have a great week!This newsletter is published by Woodinville Community United Methodist Church for ourmembers, friends and all who love Jesus. Our vision is "To Share the Transforming Love ofJesus Christ Across the Street and Around the World". If you are looking for a church homewith loving, devoted followers of our Lord, Jesus Christ, we invite you to attend our SundayWorship Service at 10:30 each Sunday. We are located at 17110 140th Ave NE, Woodinville,WA 98072. Learn more at www.wcumc.org.