15. 2013-14 School STARExemptionBASIC STAR $30,000BASIC STAR is available to anyone who owns and livesin his or her home and earns less than $500,000Enhanced STAR $63,300Enhanced STAR is available to senior homeownerswhose incomes do not exceed $79,050
16. Effect of STAR Exemption AmountsExample:BASIC STARENHANCEDSTARAssessed Value of Property $100,000 $100,0002011-12 Exemption Amount ($30,000) ($63,300)Taxable Value of Home $70,000 $36,700Est. Tax Rate on Assessed Value * $0.02413 $0.02413Est. taxes owed after STARExemption * * $1,689 $885* Estimated tax rate per $1,000 ofTaxable Assessed Valuewithout STAR $24.13 $24.13* * Effective tax rate per $1,000of Taxable Assessed Value withSTAR Exemption $16.89 $8.85
17. Proposition 1Shall the proposed budget for the2013-2014 school year in the amountof $21,051,455 be approved?
21. Facts to Consider• Over 6 years, our budget has increased a total of 1.77%.• Williamson’s gap elimination over time has been $6,119,284.over the last three years.• The gap elimination amount that still remains is $1,293,993.• We have managed by cutting 29 positions over 4 years, aswell as cutting building budgets by 30%.
22. Proposition 2Purchases Buses• One handicap bus $70,000• One large 62 passenger bus $119,000Total (LESS TRADE IN) $189,000Cost covered by reserves and state aid.NO INCREASE IN TAXES.
23. Proposition 3Set up a new bus reserve fund and transferthe money from the old one into it.• Establish 2013 Bus Purchase Reserve Fund• Fund Maximum is $500,000• Transfer $344,375 from the old fund intothe new fund
25. The Importance of Good Schoolsto a CommunityGood SchoolsAttract families, strengthen the local economy, andenhance property values.Ensure all students will be prepared and competitive in aglobal economy.Offer every child a world-class education.Teach students from all backgrounds how to live andparticipate in our democracy.Adopted from NYSSBA