2. Why do I care about this stuff? Cloud Foundry Biz Dev Guy .org .comOH “The future its like…all PaaS and APIs”
3. The API Economy Is—ON!
4. AN AWESOME WAY TO SELL….to developers as the end consumer
5. …but partnership is different
6. A large part of system design is driven by thecost, latency and throughput ratios for differenttypes of storage and networking technologies.This is not very different from how the laws ofphysics constrain the possible designs for ahammer or a kitchen sink, except that in thecase of data systems the laws of physics --@jaykrepschange over time. (Linkedin) API ECOSYSTEMS CHANGE ….often at the whim of a business executive
7. Unlike developer focusedtools many platforms want toown the end userexperience…….
8. APIS ARE ABOUT TRADE ….what economic era are we in?
9. • Focus on positive balance of trade with all partners • Sell the finished goods while controlling access to raw resources • “Staple ports” give first right of refusal of all raw goods toMost popular after discovery of vast new resources…..
10. “Upcoming Changes to the Netflix API Program”
11. “…We will deliver theend user experience…thank you very much….”
12. The programming interface is open:the data is only available to existingsubscribers through their existing salesagreements
13. Enterprise side of „API economy‟is moving slower. There is astrong reliance on existing salesand development patterns.
14. More „people‟ than protocol…Balance of trade is historically complex outside ofreselling relationships….
15. Do you know the productmanager for the API?What are their hopes anddreams?Are they ready to concede theiruser interface to the ecosystem?Is full API coverage moreimportant than time to market tothem?Do they want to share data orjust have you resell a finalproduct?
16. Biz Dev Bifurcation
17. Did Twitter become embedded in the iPhone through theappstore?