2. Haggai 1:1-111 In the second year of King Darius, on the first day of the sixth month, the word of the LORD came through Haggai the prophet to Zerubbabel son of Shealtiel, the governor of Judah, and to Joshua son of Jehozadak, the high priest:2 “The LORD of Hosts says this: These people say: The time has not come for the house of the LORD to be rebuilt.”
3. Haggai 1:1-113 The word of the LORD came through Haggai the prophet: 4 “Is it a time for you yourselves to live in your paneled houses, while this house lies in ruins?”5 Now, the LORD of Hosts says this: “Think carefully about your ways:
4. Haggai 1:1-116You have planted much but harvested little.You eat but never have enough to besatisfied.You drink but never have enough tobecome drunk.You put on clothes but never have enoughto get warm.The wage earner puts his wagesinto a bag with a hole in it.”
5. Haggai 1:1-117 The LORD of Hosts says this: “Think carefully about your ways.8 Go up into the hills, bring down lumber, and build the house. Then I will be pleased with it and be glorified,” says the LORD.
6. Haggai 1:1-119 “You expected much, but then it amounted to little. When you brought the harvest to your house, I ruined it. Why?” This is the declaration of the LORD of Hosts. “Because My house still lies in ruins, while each of you is busy with his own house.
7. Haggai 1:1-1110 So on your account, the skies have withheld the dew and the land its crops.11 I have summoned a drought on the fields and the hills, on the grain, new wine, olive oil, and whatever the ground yields, on man and beast, and on all that your hands produce.”
8. What Time is It1. The Problematic Condition of the Peoplea) They were insubordinateb) They were incompetentc) They were insatiable
9. What Time is It1. The Problematic Condition of the People2. The Powerful Call for the People
10. Romans 13:11-1411 Besides this, knowing the time, it is already the hour for you to wake up from sleep, for now our salvation is nearer than when we first believed.12 The night is nearly over, and the daylight is near, so let us discard the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light.
11. Romans 13:11-1413 Let us walk with decency, as in the daylight: not in carousing and drunkenness; not in sexual impurity and promiscuity; not in quarreling and jealousy.14 But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no plans to satisfy the fleshly desires.
12. What Time is It1. The Problematic Condition of the People2. The Powerful Call for the People