1. MissionRoot Capital’s mission is to grow rural prosperity byinvesting in agricultural businesses that buildsustainable livelihoods in Africa and Latin America.
2. The Rural Missing Middle
3. %Source: SCOPEinsight, “Mainstream Agrifinance: Enable producer organizations to invest their way out of poverty.” Compliments of AGRA: CIA - world-factbook, Central bank of Congo, Central bank of Nigeria, Central bank of Kenya, Central bank of South Africa; BCEAO – Annual Report 2008Capital Constraints on African Agriculture
8. Food Security & Nutrition PortfolioNew lending window for Root Capital, financing SMEs all along domesticand regional agri-food value chains. This will deepen our impact:•Impact for Rural and Agricultural SMEs• Impact on Smallholder Farmers as Producers• Impact on Smallholder Farmers as Input Consumers• Impact on Low-income Africans as Food Consumers
9. InputsSeeds & Plant MaterialSoil HealthPest ControlIrrigationMachineryCrop InsuranceProductionSmallholder FarmersNucleus Farmers/Out GrowersFarming CooperativesSME FarmersLarge-Scale CommercialFarmersPH-Handling &ProcessingGranariesWarehousingAgro-ProcessingDistributionWholesalersFranchisorsTradersExportersValue Chain for Staple Crops and Inputs
10. Contact Us:• Barbara Ghansah, Ghana loan email@example.com• Diaka Sall, West Africa Credit Manager, Dakardsall@rootcapital.org• Nate Schaffran, Africa Regional VP, Nairobinschaffran@rootcapital.org