1. UNIVERSIDAD JAVERIANA FACULTY OF HUMANITIES AND SOCIAL SCIENCESDEPARMENT OF COMMUNICATION AND LANGUAGE ENGLISH LEVEL II 2012-2
2. Create a on-line travel brochure for aninteresting unforgettable destination.
3. Get together in couples or groups of 3 anddecide on an interesting travel destination you would like to write about.
4. • Before you start writing your brochure, discover, which information is it present in the brochure?
5. BRAINSTORMING - Make a list of any adjectives that describe the place to write about. - Make a list of phrases you want to use in your brochure.- Make a list of specific places you plan to advertise as well as some practical details you plan to write about (hotels, transport, prices). - Try to plan one day of activities for visitors, such as places to visit and how to get around.
6. Remember to include….. • Displayed benefits -. After the cover, you must tell the reader what they can get or what benefits they gain when they read through. The promotional cover - The firstand most important part of a custom brochure for tourists is the promotional cover. Try to get the best full color pictures, with mostartful and attractive text that you can find and compose.
7. Extra information and detailsInclude other extra information. The history, timeline and even pieces of statistical data are good interesting points to consider for a tourist.. Options and prices Of course, it is important to give options and prices involved with your tourist service or destination.
8. • Contact Information You must include all contact • Location map and directions.information such as your mobile You should also not forget to number, the email of your put in location maps and company, the website, fax directions to your tourist numbers, service or business.addresses and other important information such as a twitter account or Facebook page.
9. You should also include… • Important facts about • At least four photographs that city, place (climate, taken in that city. culture, population, • currency used. food, etc.) • Any other pertinent• When to go (best time of information for a traveler year) to that city. • How to get around • Things you need for this (transportation to/from trip. and while you are there) • Keep text short and • At least four places of sweet. interest (landmarks, • CHECK SPELLING! attractions, etc.)
10. ONLINE RESOURCES Feel free to use this interesting site….http://tripwow.tripadvisor.com/tripwow/ta-0099-994c-5c10(English version)http://tripwow.tripadvisor.es/tripwow/ta-0099-994c-5c10 (spanish version)
11. IMPORTANT DATES ACTIVITY DATEJuly 23rd Unit 7 Mini-Project InstructionsJuly 30th Working on Unit 7 Mini-Project & Revision - Corrections ( Palmas 4.2)July 31st-August 5th Independent WorkAugust 6th Unit 7 Mini-Project – Oral Presentation Upload to blog/wepage
12. GRADING RUBRICS Team Work Cover & title Organizanition Topics: - Benefits - Prices - Location map & directions - Climate, culture, popolation, food - When to go - 4 places of interest - Currency - Things needed for the trip - Extra info Creativity Oral Presentation