1. Qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmq INTRODUCTION AND COMMISSIONING OF MILO RAWwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyui MATERIAL AND SEMI-FINISHED TOWERopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdfg A PROJECT REPORThjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdfghjklzxc BYvbnmqwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmq OGUNSILE OLUMIDE O. DAHNIRYLwertyuiopasdf ghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyui
2. Introduction and Commissioning of Milo Raw Material and Semi-Finished Tower PlantOVERVIEW OF THE WHOLE PLANTWAREHOUSEThis is a temporary place where materials needed for a particular shift or moreis stored before usage. It is has a solid concrete plastered floor with oneemergency door, one door for pedestrian walk-way which leads to the oldtipping station two doors and two big motorized proximity sensor controlledshutter doors. Forklifts bringing a fresh palette of each major ingredientsdrives in and out through this big motorized shutter door. A room is provided here which has two doors for entrance and one door foremergency exit. The materials stored in this place should be enough for twodays production. The height of this building is 4.5m consisting of one floorabove the ground floor. Six motorised shutter doors are installed on entranceto the tipping station for forklift entry bringing palette of raw materials. Two doors each for Sugar and MSK, one door each for Cocoa and Minors,Barriers painted black and yellow are erected on each side of the shutter doorsto guide the movement of the forklift at the entrance. The doors can only beopened from outside by a switch on the panel mounted on the wall.Avery Manual measuring scale is provided for scaling the minors. Tippingstation, dumping station, blowers’ room, control room and air handlingequipment room are other extension of the building.TIPPING STATIONThis is where the three major dry ingredients are tipped into different storageSilos separately and simultaneously through the dumping station via fluid liftmechanism by one or two operators. They include MSK, Sugar and Cocoa in
3. Introduction and Commissioning of Milo Raw Material and Semi-Finished Tower Plantthe order in which they are being positioned with their conveyors’ belt andstripping table. The materials are transported to the dumping station with theaid of downward sloping upward moving conveyor belt mechanism controlledby a motor. Electric Lifting table is provided for lifting and or stripping of each materialwhen needed especially to remove the outer covering of sack or bag of eachmaterial. This table is controlled electrically through hydraulic means, and it israised up to the lowest height level of the conveying belt mechanism for easyaccessibility for the operator to just drag or push the sack unto the Strippingtable then unto conveying belt. The table moves up and down. There are fivemotorised shutter door. The Safe Working Load is 2000kg. The stripping is done by removing the outer covering of the bag on either sideto the left and to the right, which leaves the stripped bag in the middle beforetipping. This is done to avoid contamination; therefore the bag should not bestripped haphazardly. So, the bag should be opened in the centre. The floor iscovered with epoxy resin material and well lit.The tables, electric motors and the doors for forklift are controlled by switchesfixed on a control panel mounted on the sidewall of this very door. Also agroup indicator light is attached to this panel which gives two different signalbased on what is happening inside, the green light indicate the operator isready to use materials so ,materials has to be made available immediately. Thered light means that an issue has occurred.A forklift actually drop a palette of each major ingredient unto the Lifting tableas the table is very close to the big door way which opens and closes upwardsand downwards respectively controlled by a motor, wide enough for thispurpose. Two shutter doors are provided for both forklift way of MSK andSugar while one is provided for Cocoa raw material bags.There are actually three conveying belt mechanism with three lifting tables aseach meant for the three major dry ingredients; MSK (Skimmed Milk), Sugarand Cocoa. Each material comes in sacks or bags of various sizes in powderform. Cocoa comes in 20kg or 25kg bags; both MSK and Sugar comes in 25kg or50kg bags but Sugar usually comes in the big bag form---50kg. For this reasonprovision is made for lifting the 50kg bags of MSK and Sugar with electric Hoist,
4. Introduction and Commissioning of Milo Raw Material and Semi-Finished Tower Plantup to the dumping station level thereby by-passing the conveying belt whenneeded.The dry minor ingredients are tipped together separately usually per batch intotheir own dumping station. The dry minor ingredients which are Mineral mix,Vitamin premix, Ethyl vanillin, Di-Calcium, Magnesium carbonate and Iron pyro.The minors are specially prepared according to specification and tipped withthe use of a trolley carrying a container fitted to the top of the trolley about thesize of a wooden palette whose wheels as well as the container can be lockedin place even with the container free to move on top of the trolley. Thequantity tipped at a time should be enough for twenty-five batches based onthorough measurements and calculations.It should be noted that any errors made in measurement, weighing or tippingof the Minors result into complete waste of an intended batch. Therefore bothIron pyro and Ethyl vanillin will be weighed together while the others will beweighed together also A big wall demarcation is made to separate the major dry ingredients tippingroom from the minor dry ingredients tipping room. A pigeon hole (rectangularshaped opening) is improvised for communication purposes if need be. Boththe warehouse and the tipping station are on the same floor---ground floor.DUMPING STATIONThis is the receiving end of the tipping station. Each major dry ingredientmaterial conveying sloping belt is linked to another horizontal flat conveyingbelt. This horizontal belt is deliberately divided into two, which breaks the beltinto two as the material moves along it, this enable two people to work at thetwo adjacent sides of each dumping station at a time whenever the needarises.A sensor is fitted to the side of frame to which the end belt is attached to. Thefunction of the sensor is to check whether one bag has passed from the frontbelt to the end belt and if so, it automatically halts this belt until the bag is
5. Introduction and Commissioning of Milo Raw Material and Semi-Finished Tower Plantlifted and poured (dumped). One motor controls one end part of belt whileanother motor controls the other part of this belt. One sensor on each part ofthe belt.The tipped bag is drag off the horizontal conveying belt manually and placed atthe mouth of the bag dumping station placed on its cover. A knife is then usedto cut open the bag on its side or mouth, and then the material is poured intothe dumping station receiving mouth hopper. This mouth is fitted withappropriate aperture or sieve to hold in place any foreign body from goinginside, which is then cleaned from time to time and the foreign bodiesretrieved. A provision is made to vent excess air out of the system with a motorto blow it from the top of the hopper fitted to the top of the bag dumpingstation hopper and to blow the material.The minor ingredient dumping station has no conveying belts since it onlyneeded in small quantities. So the minors which are also in bags and weighedquantities are just removed from the trolley table container and poured insideits bag dumping station hopper appropriately. The dumping station is one floorabove the tipping station. All the minors go into one big Silo for temporarystorage and handling. The dumping station hoppers mouth should be coveredwhen not in use.The Milo raw materials are then transported through a screw conveyormechanism inside a compartment hollow pipe housing the screw attached tothe bottom of the dumping station hopper controlled by an electric motor. Thematerial dumped through the big station and the one dumped through thenormal small bag dumping station for both MSK and Sugar meet at the screwconveying pipe of each material then into the Holding hoppers. A Vibrating Sieve is fitted to the bottom of the dumping station hopper of thecocoa material which is connected to the Holding hopper driven by two motorson opposite ends of the Sieve. This is because Cocoa is highly explosive higherthan the other materials as a result of its nature; this separates it from theother major dry ingredients materials while Sugar and MSK are fitted with aRotary (rotating) Sieve. As the sieve operates any material bigger than theaperture is retained and eventually goes out of the system while smallerparticles of the material are allowed to flow down the body of the sieve.
6. Introduction and Commissioning of Milo Raw Material and Semi-Finished Tower PlantA magnetic separator is fitted between the pipes conveying the materials fromthe screw conveyor before it reaches the vibrating/rotary sieves. This removesany magnetic alien present in the raw material and is attached to each line ofthe pipe transporting the materials. A Butterfly valve is fitted between each major joints of pipe to anothercomponent/equipment transporting materials controlled electropneumatically. This opens as at when due and closes in the same way. Thematerial is then moved into the Holding hoppers which store them transiently.A compact dust filter is mounted on to the top of each holding hopper, it ventout both dust and fumes of powder generated. Nonetheless, only particleswithout material is vented out, as compressed air is blown in the reversedirection to force down any material suspended in there. This is done to avoidthe risk of explosion which may result. A Star valve is also incorporated to control the gradual flow of the powderdown the fluid lift pipes of each material. This ensures proper transportation ofthe material and delivery thereby preventing blockages along the line.Vibrators of various sizes and capacity are fitted to each body of the hopper toaid easy flow of powder material as well as Knockers which serve the samepurpose.On the three major dry ingredients transporting fluid lift pipes, the material areblown upwards with the aid of compressed air system into the top of eachwaiting holding Silo, to another floor and part of the plant. Whereas on the dryminor ingredients the materials are being sucked up into the Silo for precisionpurpose.Waste compactor is provided for the used sacks or bags of material. A vacuumcleaner is also provided for sucking in or up fumes of material powdergenerated on the floor. Proper and appropriate cleaning equipment like brush,packer, etc are used for the exterior, interior and the floor of the plant.
7. Introduction and Commissioning of Milo Raw Material and Semi-Finished Tower PlantBLOWER ROOMThis is the room adjacent to the Holding hopper room. It is where the blowersthat blow the dry ingredients up to their storage silos in the raw materialhandling tower are located. Dehumidifier raw materials silo.CONTROL ROOMThis is where programmable logic controllers (PLC) are installed in the electricalpanel as well as contactors, circuit breakers, fuses. A part of the Air HandlingUnit (AHU) is installed inside this on the same level of the dumping station floorbut in a different room which cater for tipping station and dumping station.AIR HANDLING UNITThe main air handling unit section of the plant is housed on the ground floor ofthe Milo Raw Material and Semi-Finished Tower. It occupies a larger part of theground floor. It supplies air-conditioned moisture to various part of the plantwhere needed for human, product and material comfort with the use ofdifferent ducting unit to discharge this conditioned air. A return ducting line isused to evacuate hot air from the rooms as supply ducting is used to conveythe fresh treated air. They are divided into three to cater for each section ofthe plant i.e. tipping station, material handling and semi finished tower.RAW MATERIAL HANDLING TOWERThis consists of three floors basically. Each major dry ingredient material isblown into separate Silos, the tops of each silo terminates at the third floor of
8. Introduction and Commissioning of Milo Raw Material and Semi-Finished Tower Plantthe Raw Material Handling Tower except the cocoa Silo which terminates at thesecond floor of the Tower. The ground floor houses both the Departure or Dispatch hopper and thediverted minor ingredients to a waiting bag. The properly batch weighed dryingredients are released gradually by the help of a Star Valve from there thedry ingredients which have been batch weighed are blown from here to the topof the Dry ingredients hopper sitting on top of the Wet mixer by the biggestblower. The biggest among the product pipes and the biggest raw materialblower transport all these dry ingredients to a different floor which is not partof the scope of the Milo Raw Material and Semi-Finished Tower Plant. Compact dust filter is fitted to the top of the hopper to vent out only airwithout any raw material escaping. Manhole is also provided for easy access.The bottom part of this hopper is made to go down to a floor which is accessedthrough a staircase with hand rail. Entrance to this room is made possible byself closing twin doors and the maximum load that can be handled on the floorof this room is 7.5 kilo-Newton per meter square.On the First floor of the Raw Material Handling (RHM) Tower. The Safe WorkingLoad (SWL) is the same as that of the ground floor level. Minor ingredientsbatch weigher hopper and major ingredients batching hopper are situated inthis room, bottoms of the Discharge hopper and major dry ingredient silos arealso seen here. The biggest pipe transporting raw material passes through herefrom the previous floor. The save working load is 7.5 kilo-Newton per metersquare which the same for the third floor.Screw conveyor transporting each material from the material from the bottomof each silo and hopper with the aid of Butterfly valves and star valves. Pipescarrying material are also seen on this floor and the one transporting rawmaterials also. A trolley cart for personnel to work with is provided on this floorif need for adjustment or maintenance arises.The Second floor houses the minor dry ingredient paddle mixer which ensuresthorough mixing of the minor ingredients. The Silos continues on this floor butthe top of Cocoa silo ends here. Fire extinguisher, vacuum cleaner, cleaning
9. Introduction and Commissioning of Milo Raw Material and Semi-Finished Tower Planttools are provided in most of the rooms. Save working load of 15.1kN/M2appropriate on this floor.On the third floor, both Sugar and MSK silos top end here. The Sugar silo isfitted with an out wall explosive vent while MSK is fitted with Guerin ExplosiveFilter Timer The top of the Receiving hopper for storage of Minors ends heretoo. Staircases are used to access these rooms from the ground floor up to theCargo lift driving unit room. The height of the whole Raw Material HandlingTower is 19m.SEMI FINISHED TOWERThis consists of the ground floor and five other floors. Although the Miloprocessing has been completed, but for the fact that the product is not filledand packaged in this section at all and not taken to the market like that, it isreferred to as semi-finished. The single Twin plug hoppers (tanks) are situatedin this building. It sends the finished product Milo straight to the Filling andPacking Hoppers or Tote bins.The twin plug hoppers work hand-in-hand, as one receives the Milo powder theother distributes the powder assisted by air injection line in conjunction withthe compressed air and blower. Star valves driven by electric motors, Butterflyvalves controlled pneumatically, Knocker, Vibrator and Compact duster filterare other accessories. Tailings from the Compact Sieve (Russell Sifter) on thefirst floor.On the fifth floor which has a safe working load of 7.5 kilo-Newton per metersquare, the kibble hoppers are situated here on a raised platform constructedof solid stainless sheet. They receive the powder kibbles from Vacuum BandDryers via lower and upper hoppers. A room is incorporated for cleaningpurpose. Earmuff should be worn here.Granulators for grinding the kibbles are also situated here with dust separatorare mounted on top of the granulators. Spark detectors are included at thelower part of the granulators to detect sparks which might result into fire
10. Introduction and Commissioning of Milo Raw Material and Semi-Finished Tower Plantoutbreak. If it records 10sparks per second, it will shut down the granulator.They are covered from both ends with sanitary covers. Electric motors drive thegranulators’ millsRight on the fourth floor, sampling hoppers fitted with magnetic separatorsbutterfly valves, knockers, are situated with Moisture Analysers, Tailingsreceiver bin from one side of the granulator and HMI screen integrated on themoisture analyser. A very tall double decker personnel trolley is provided foruse. A room is also provided for Quality Assurance (QA) activities. A table andchair is provided with a Mettler Toledo Halogen Moisture Analyser apparatus.A safe working load of 7.5 kilo-Newton per meter square is applicable here.The top of the Milo silos are seen here on the third floor fitted with the dustfilters, aerators, manholes on the uppermost side of the silos, diverters(diverter valves) fitted between the sampling hoppers and the silos to divertfaulty Milo powder into tote bins sitting on the first floor.The body of the Milo silo are seen here on the second floor a Save WorkingLoad of 15.1kN/M2 is applicable here. The stainless pipes transporting divertedpowder pass through this room to their destination on the first floor. Manholesare fitted to the sides of these silos.The first floor houses diverted powder inside tote bins, pipe transporting rawmaterials is seen passing through here. The end of the Milo silos are seen hereconnected to a butterfly valve, a screw conveyor which leads the powder intothe Compact Sieve Russell Sifter which sieve the Milo powder. Then the sievedpowder goes down into the Twin-plug hoppers on the ground floor.
11. Introduction and Commissioning of Milo Raw Material and Semi-Finished Tower Plant INTRODUCTIONThe importance of beverage products in our world today cannot be overemphasized considering the number of companies producing it and the largemarket provided by the teeming population.Nestle with Milo as of it major brand has continually set the pace in the foodmanufacturing sector. Pursuing innovative methods of producing differentfood products with cutting edge technology culminating in excellent results.The Milo Raw Material and Semi-Finished Tower Plant is one of suchinnovation among many. This is the plant that is responsible for producing Miloto increase tonnage and eliminate any form of monotonous activities formerlyassociated with the old plant.Furthermore, with the completion of this new plant, the method of tipping theMilo raw materials has changed and also their storage, filling and packing.Hitherto, a known or pre-determine quantity of each dry ingredients of Milo isbatched weighed based on counting or fractioning with a scale and arrangedon a palette. After mixing together done manually and then tipped into a silo.This is then mixed with other wet ingredients in a mixer to form a homogenousmixture.This produces a pasty form of Milo which is then discharged into a feed kettlebefore it then pumped into a Vacuum Band Dryer (VBD) which dries the pasteto form lumps while a crusher crushes it; right under the VBD. It then comesout as kibbles. The kibbles are transported into lower and upper hoppers,fluidized and go into the granulator for grinding into desired texture based onthe size of sieves or apertures used.The smooth Milo powder produced is delivered into tote bins. The tote binscontaining finished Milo powder is closed and later mounted at the slantingtote tilt and opened, so that the powder can flow freely into filling and packing
12. Introduction and Commissioning of Milo Raw Material and Semi-Finished Tower Plantmachines below. The powder is then filled into different Store Keeping Units(SKUs); cans, sachets or into big bags for Chocomilo production.In contrast to this, with the new plant each dry ingredient raw materials is nowbeing tipped into different silos from the new tipping station. From their silos,each batch weigher on lode cells measures the quantity of the major dryingredients and the minor dry ingredients needed for a batch productionrespectively. A minor dry ingredient mixer is incorporated to mix themproperly before batch weighing. The raw materials are now been discharged into departure hopper and thentransferred into dry ingredient hopper seated on the wet mixer to be mixedwith the wet ingredients. The same process ensues until it leaves thegranulator, then Russell Sifter is incorporated to further sieve the Finished Milopowder, from where it then goes into the twin plug hoppers to be send nowinto filling line hoppers instead of tote bins. But provision is still made toaccommodate the tote bins if for any reason.The Milo Raw Material and Semi Finished Tower project is a total modificationand improvement of the previously existing one. Fumes and dust generated inthe old tipping station is no more, manual counting of fraction of materialneeded for a batch is gone, and taking samples from tote bins is eliminatedwith sampling hoppers and moisture analysers.Moreover, the time taken for carrying of tote bins up and down is eliminatedand the whole process from the beginning to the end is monitored on systemand Human Machine interface (HMI).RECOMMENDATIONS AND CONCLUSIONS
13. Introduction and Commissioning of Milo Raw Material and Semi-Finished Tower PlantThis is a new plant care should be taken in adhering to proper safe workingprocedure and Nestle Continuous Excellence policies.Nestle Good Quality Manufacturing Practices is also important. Operatorsworking at the tipping and dumping station should be given nose masks andtransparent goggle to prevent powder accumulation into their nostrils as wellas their eyes. Face shield could be given to also cover the ears too.Although there were initial challenges during commissioning and at start-upbut with time the software integration system is being perfected to meet upwith the daily demand of the production process with operators andfluctuations in performance.Moreover, since the plant is still underused as at now and it is producingexcellent results. Then in the nearest future when it will be put to useoptimally more excellent result will surface.
14. Introduction and Commissioning of Milo Raw Material and Semi-Finished Tower Plant SUMMARYThis report is all about the present infrastructural facilities and world classmanufacturing set-up presently implemented in Nestle. As developmentheightens it is imperative that advancement in production processes isparamount.The project is aimed to highlight the nitty-gritty of the Milo Raw Material andSemi-Finished Tower. The main elements, components, accessories, processes,figures and diagrams are also used to expanciate on the subject.The plant consists of three major section; Warehouse and Tipping station, RawMaterial Handling Tower and Semi-Finished Tower.The processes occur sequentially in each of those sections in accordance withthe software integration technology applied.Ways on how to maximise the plant are elucidated and recommendations aresuggested.
15. Introduction and Commissioning of Milo Raw Material and Semi-Finished Tower PlantINTRODUCTION AND COMMISSIONING OF THE PLANTDuring the Introduction and Commissioning of the plant the following stepswere undertaken:I nput and Output Test (I/O Test): This involves instrument, device or equipment testing. A signal is sent to a particular element and then observed how that device responded. Will it perform the function intendedand give correct feedback or else adjustment will be carried out.F low Test: This involves checking the pipe connections to be sure of no leakages. Sugar is used for this purpose. Sugar is used for two reasons; firstly, it in is granules which make it even easier to clean the internalpart of the pipes. Secondly; it is the cheapest of the major dry ingredientsmaterial.P roduct Test: This is also carried out using sugar. From the Lower hopper (Discharge hopper) up to the twin plug hoppers, sugar will pass through the hoppers, the silos and every other component on the way before itis collected at the filling line hoppers. Analyses are then being carried out toascertain the hygienic condition of pipes and components based on samplestaken.S equence Test: This is to check how the production process will actually be executed automatically by the plant. It ensures that each part of the process is effectively and efficiently implemented.C leaning: This is done with soapy water, isopropanol and rag to clean the major exterior part of the equipment and where possible the interior too. Cleaning is also done on oil (palmolein) tanks.Since the Clean-In-Place (CIP) system is yet to be commissioned, therecirculation pumps inside the tanks were used to wash the wet mixers andtanks with pipe connections back and forth. Samples were also taken toascertain the hygienic condition on the wet ingredients side.
16. Introduction and Commissioning of Milo Raw Material and Semi-Finished Tower PlantF lushing: This involves actually test running the plant for production purposes. Milo is produced using the plant but is not packaged but subjected to laboratory analysis. It allows each of the raw materials nowpasses through their own pipe lines.S tart-up: Subsequently the plant is now ready for use henceforth. The plant can now operate satisfactorily with little or no challenges occuring later.
17. Introduction and Commissioning of Milo Raw Material and Semi-Finished Tower Plant REFERENCESA PROJECT REPORT ON AFC PLANT BY SAM-LADIPO OLADELE NOV. 2012MICROSOFT ENCARTAWIKIPAEDIA
18. Introduction and Commissioning of Milo Raw Material and Semi-Finished Tower Plant 1. From Dumping station 2. Aerator 3. Filter 4. Manhole 5. Clamp 6. Pressure relief pipe 7. Electric motor and torque converter 8. Screw conveyor 9. Butterfly valve
19. Introduction and Commissioning of Milo Raw Material and Semi-Finished Tower Plant ACCESSORIES1. Palmolein Station: It is a major wet ingredient for Milo manufacturing. Adrive way is provided for the vehicle bringing a fresh supply of palmolein toreverses into the road and park. Three 90,000 litres capacity tank are sited on aplace outside the plant. Provision is made with a pump to suck the palmoleininto any of the selected tank. The oil is being stored under shielding orblanketing with Nitrogen to prevent the palmolein from going rancid in understorage.2. Malt Station: This is a major wet ingredient. It is got from the newlycommissioned malt plant. It supplies straight to the wet mixer.3. Hot water supply: This another wet ingredient used in Milo production. It issupply from the hot water line of the factory. Cold or water is never used forprocessing as the case may be.4. Process Monitoring and Control Room: This a room incorporated on the firstfloor, but not a part of the tower. It is the place where overall Milo productionprocesses are being viewed on systems with the opportunity to activate or de-energise any physical component in the plant. The Quality Assurancepersonnel are also housed here to carry out their activities with small heightfence wall demarcation and a small platform.5. Compressed air supply: Most of the equipment in this plant operates basedelectro pneumatic, it is therefore imperative that air should be supply to theany part of the plant when needed. Although the plant is hooked to main airsupply of the plant from Industrial Services (IS). A back up compressed air
20. Introduction and Commissioning of Milo Raw Material and Semi-Finished Tower Plantsupply system is made available for any drop in pressure from air suppliedfrom IS.It comprises of compressor, pressure regulators, pressure valves, air receivertank with statutory fittings, filter dryer, after cooler, intercooler and electricmotor which drive the compressor.6. Cargo Lift: A lift is provided all the way from the ground floor up to the fifthfloor basically for carrying equipment only. It is not designed or meant fortransporting human beings but goods
21. Introduction and Commissioning of Milo Raw Material and Semi-Finished Tower Plant 1 3 2 7 4 5 6 HOLDING HOPPER COMPONENTS1. Magnetic separator 2. Electric motor driving screw conveyor.3. Compactdusts filter 4. Holding hopper 5. Star valve 6. Pipe transporting raw material tosilo. 7. Switch
22. Introduction and Commissioning of Milo Raw Material and Semi-Finished Tower Plant TOTE BINS RECEIVING MILO POWDER
23. Introduction and Commissioning of Milo Raw Material and Semi-Finished Tower Plant OLD METHOD OF TOTE BIN MOUNTING AT THE TOTE TILT
24. Introduction and Commissioning of Milo Raw Material and Semi-Finished Tower Plant MINOR INGREDIENTS HOPPER AND PADDLE MIXER
25. Introduction and Commissioning of Milo Raw Material and Semi-Finished Tower PlantAPROJECT REPORT ON THEINTRODUCTION AND COMMISSIONING OF MILO RAWMATERIAL AND SEMI-FINISHED TOWER BY OGUNSILE OLUMIDE O. DAHNIRYL (VVF 0920)IN PARTIAL FULFILLMENT OF LEVEL 5 IVQ ADVANCED TECHNICIAN DIPLOMA IN ENGINEERING PLANT TECHNOLOGY OPTION AT NESTLE TECHNICAL TRAINING CENTRE AGBARA, OGUN STATE, NIGERIA NOVEMBER 2012
26. Introduction and Commissioning of Milo Raw Material and Semi-Finished Tower Plant TABLE OF CONTENTSCover pageTitle pageSummaryContents pageIntroductionChapter 1: Overview of the plantChapter 2: AccessoriesChapter 3: Introduction and Commissioning of theplantConclusions and RecommendationsReferences
27. Introduction and Commissioning of Milo Raw Material and Semi-Finished Tower Plant
28. Introduction and Commissioning of Milo Raw Material and Semi-Finished Tower Plant FLOW CHART OF THE MILO PRODUCTION PROCESS TIPPING STATION COCOA PALMOLEIN REWORK DUMPING STATION SUGAR MALTMINOR SILO WATER MSK MAJOR INGREDIENT SILO MIXER DISCHARGE HOPPER MINORS WET INGREDIENTS DEPARTURE HOPPER . DRY MATERIAL HOPPER DRY MATERIAL HOPER WET MIXER KIBBLE HOPPERS FILLING&PACKING FEED KETTLE LOWER&UPPER HOPPER GRANULATORS VACUUM BAND DRYERM. ANALYSER SAMPLING HOPPERSDIVERTED MILO MILO SILOS TOTE BINS FILLING LINE HOPPERS COMPACT SIFTER TWIN PLUG HOPPERS PACKAGING MACHINES TAILINGS Out of Scope of the present new plant
29. Introduction and Commissioning of Milo Raw Material and Semi-Finished Tower Plant 1 4 3 21. Level sensor 2. Defective material bin 3. Butterfly valve 4. Dust filteredmaterial pipe.
30. Introduction and Commissioning of Milo Raw Material and Semi-Finished Tower PlantMINOR INGREDIENT PADDLE WHEEL MIXER
31. Introduction and Commissioning of Milo Raw Material and Semi-Finished Tower Plant 1 21. Paddle wheel welded to the main shaft (2) rotating it