BRITISH FOODS Questions: 2.What's the most popular food in Britain? It's... Curry. 1.Do you enjoy your food in Britain?
- This dish is served in Pubs. It consists of a piece of cheese, a bit of pickle and pickled onion, and a chunk of bread.
- This is England’s traditional Sunday lunch,
- which is a family affair.
Traditional Sunday Roast The Sunday roast is a traditional British main meal served on Sundays .
- Pies are very popular in England. Pies are a baked dish consisting of a filling such as chopped meat or fruit enclosed in or covered with pastry.
P FISH AND CHIPS This is England's traditional take-away food. Fish and chips are not normally home cooked but bought at a fish and chip shop to eat on premises or as a "take away“.
- In England, we have special foods
Foods and festivals.
- connected with certain festivals.
P Jacket potatoes cooked in foil in the fire. Jacket Potato BONFIRE NIGHT
MOTHERING SUNDAY (Simnel Cake)
- Mothering Sunday in the UK is the equivalent of Mothers' Day in other countries .
- Mothering Sunday is a time when children pay respect to their Mothers. Children often give their Mothers a gift and a card.
P CHRISTMAS DAY Turkey, vegetables, stuffing, bread sauce, cranberry sauce and gravy.
P we eat a rich fruity pudding doused in flaming brandy. CHRISTMAS PUDDING
HALLOWEEN (Toffee Apples) A great treat for Halloween using a hanful of caramel sweets and dessert apples .
AFTERNOON TEA This is a small meal, not a drink. Traditionally it consists of tea (or coffee) served with cream and jam