When is Mothering Sunday (Mother's Day)? Mothering Sunday (Mother's Day) is always the fourth Sunday of Lent . 2010 Mothering Sunday in UK in 2010 - 14 March (Mother's Day in US in 2010 - 9 May) 2011 Mothering Sunday in UK in 2011 - 3 April (Mother's Day in US in 2011 - 8 May)
1. BRITISH FOODS Questions: 2.What's the most popular food in Britain? It's... Curry. 1.Do you enjoy your food in Britain?
3. PLOUGHMAN’S LUNCH <ul><li>This dish is served in Pubs. It consists of a piece of cheese, a bit of pickle and pickled onion, and a chunk of bread. </li></ul>
4. Roast Beef <ul><li>This is England’s traditional Sunday lunch, </li></ul><ul><li>which is a family affair. </li></ul>
5. Traditional Sunday Roast The Sunday roast is a traditional British main meal served on Sundays .
6. English Pies <ul><li>Pies are very popular in England. Pies are a baked dish consisting of a filling such as chopped meat or fruit enclosed in or covered with pastry. </li></ul>PORK PIE
7. P FISH AND CHIPS This is England's traditional take-away food. Fish and chips are not normally home cooked but bought at a fish and chip shop to eat on premises or as a "take away“.
8. <ul><li>In England, we have special foods </li></ul><ul><li>connected with certain festivals. </li></ul><ul><li>The main ones are: </li></ul>Foods and festivals.
9. P Jacket potatoes cooked in foil in the fire. Jacket Potato BONFIRE NIGHT
10. MOTHERING SUNDAY (Simnel Cake) <ul><li>Mothering Sunday in the UK is the equivalent of Mothers' Day in other countries . </li></ul><ul><li>Mothering Sunday is a time when children pay respect to their Mothers. Children often give their Mothers a gift and a card. </li></ul>
11. P CHRISTMAS DAY Turkey, vegetables, stuffing, bread sauce, cranberry sauce and gravy.
12. P we eat a rich fruity pudding doused in flaming brandy. CHRISTMAS PUDDING
13. HALLOWEEN (Toffee Apples) A great treat for Halloween using a hanful of caramel sweets and dessert apples .
14. AFTERNOON TEA This is a small meal, not a drink. Traditionally it consists of tea (or coffee) served with cream and jam