What Procurement Officers look for - Procurement Mini-Conference 2014
What Procurement Officers
Elizabeth Lucas Head of Procurement
Caerphilly County Borough Council
Procurement in Local Government
• EU and UK Legislation
• Financial Climate
• Understanding and Managing our Spend
• Risk Mitigation - Loss of Funding, Legal Challenges, Employee
Bias (any perceived).
• Social & Economic Regeneration
• Social Clauses
Approach to Procurement
• Open, Fair, Transparent.
• Local Procurement
• Electronic Procurement
• Most Economically Advantageous Tender (MEAT)
• Cost / Price
• Procurement – Compliance check
• Technical – Evaluation (scored)
• Legal – Compliance check
• Finance/Insurance – Compliance check
• Health and Safety – Compliance check
• Cost - Scored
• Set Evaluation criteria
• Bids are Late?
• Bid arrive in conflict to instructions to tender?
• Qualified bid?
• Information missing?
Talk to us
• Central Support
• Use the electronic system
• Don’t leave things to the last minute
• Plan the upload of documents
How can we make a difference?
• Working together – Buyers, Suppliers
• Understand the problem – Do something about it
• Standardisation (Process and Products – Services)
• Register on Sell2Wales & Proactis Portal
• Be Prepared
• Work differently (Consortia, Supply Chain)