EVERY POST ON G+ IS AN
INDIVIDUAL WEB PAGE
• People will be able to find this in the searches later
• Benefits of future traffic
• Benefits of future additions to your follower count
How you set up your Google Plus post will help
you build engagement, drive traffic, and gain
SEO for that particular article in the future.
I CAN’T REMEMBER
• To BOLD your text surround the word/s you want bolded with the
• To Italicize your text surround the words with underscores _this
• To Strikethrough surround the words with dashes –this text-
• To Plus Mention someone add the “+” before their name and it
will appear as you type it (if you have them circled)
For those still having problems, get the Chrome Extension “Post
CREATING THE DESCRIPTION
•It’s important to remember that a full description is
needed for best results. Simply posting “check this
out” will NOT work on G+. This is a micro blogging
platform and the people here respond to
•Remember that you can have any type of Call To
Action prompts inside the description on your
STEP 1A: TITLE, OPENING STATEMENT,
•After the image draws them in, you want to
say something that grabs their attention right
away. Something I like doing is showing
someone how they might be doing something
wrong, and how they can correct it.
•Use your first few CTA’s right away to get the
OVERVIEW OF STEP 1A:
•The CTA’s (Call To Action) prompts are
supposed to direct people to where you
want them to go. Don’t be shy to tell them
what to do.
STEP 2A: CLOSING
STATEMENTS, PLUS MENTIONS,
•Closing statements are generally things in the
article, your personal opinions, etc. If you have
anyone that remotely relates to this article, ie,
someone influenced you to write it, plus mention
them here, putting them in the description naturally
inside the text.
•Use the last CTA to build engagement and grow your
OVERVIEW OF STEP 2A:
• When you can give your personal opinion on how something
affects you or something to that nature, you bring a personalized
experience into the picture. Also plus mentioning different
people inside the article not only shares that person’s impact on
your article, but also helps you get the article out.
• Asking people to voice their own opinions is also necessary for
• Allowing them to opt in to a private notification circle will help you
in the long run to reach more people.
DON’T FORGET HASHTAGS!
• If you forget to use the hashtag feature, Google Plus will automatically
put hashtags in the post in the upper right corner.
• Control your SEO value with the hashtag.
Don’t just share your own articles! The
80/20 rule is OUT, the 90/10 rule is
•This brings in more positive relationships
•In turn, brings reciprocation on their behalf
OTHER IMPORTANT FORMS
• Don’t just be active on your posts: engage with others in related
• Don’t “post and run”. Stick around and see the conversation that
• Comment in related places and HOA events too: This will bring your
visibility higher and more people will circle you
YOUR POSTS/PERSONAL STREAM
DETERMINE YOUR FOLLOWERS